The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Empty The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy

Patch Download v1.042:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/riy7z3jv6mu6d46/Hylian_Legacy_1.042.rar/file
The patches need to be applied on ALTTP (US), no header. You need a UPS patcher.

-----------------------------------------------

Hello out there, I'am IntimFuchtler and I would like to show you my Hack
The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy

It's my first released Hack ever, changing all Dungeons and some minor Overworld edits. So it's kind of a half Hack.

You can expect:
- New Dungeons
- 2 Extra Dungeons
- New Dungeon Order
- Minibosses
- New to some extend unique Ideas regarding Level Design
- A new Item Order
- New Hud (thanks to the ToT Hud Patch)
- Many other stuff

V 1.042
- Level Design Changes, ought to be the final version

V 1.02
- Fixed a possible Softlock in Turtle Rock

V 1.01
- Some minor Changes

V 1.0 Changelog:
- Look at the Readme for more

V 0.96 Changelog:
- Fixed a gamebreaking bug before Level 1
- Fixed a mistake in the Readme
- The Map is now totally screwed up in most of the Dungeons

V 0.95 Changelog:
- Added ingame credits
- Fixed some game important bugs in Level 6 and 8 (thanks to Puzzledude)
- Balanced some things
- other minor stuff

I would like to hear some constructive critic^^

Some other questions of mine, is it possible to create a asm Patch, which will show up a message only one time in a specific part of the room (like NW, NE ...)?
Also i have removed Sahashrahala so the Pendant locations never show up on the map. Is it possible that they will show up after you have met with the priest?

Last edited by IntimFuchtler on Thu 21 Oct 2021 - 16:39; edited 18 times in total
IntimFuchtler
IntimFuchtler

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Image213

Since : 2016-02-12

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy :: Comments

Post Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 11:24 by flagoss

Wow !! Great work. I like your hack.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 22:32 by Floki

Hello IntimFuchtler! Just letting you know the great Teamudf as recently started a playthrough of your game!

More parts to come soon most probably as he seems to like your game Smile

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 3:52 by IntimFuchtler

Thanks for the info, I watched all his videos so far^^

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 20:20 by zelDave

...when I clicked on the download link, the redirect took me to a page that tried to install a virus/javascript hack on my computer.  Any suggestions as to how I can *safely* get it?  It looks really good from what I've seen so far and red (props to TeamUDF).  Thank you!

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 20:41 by IntimFuchtler

You just have to wait five seconds, then you can skip the advertisement by clicking the top right button

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 20:43 by Floki

http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Hyrule_Legacy_V096.rar

^^Here ya go zelDave, an alternate link uploaded to zebucket!

(this board hates mediafire links and always add adf.ly redirects in them)

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7pecsbojibep9l5/Hyrule+Legacy+V0.96.rar

^^The only alternative solution to avoid mediafire links redirects is to add them as such^^

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 16 Aug 2016 - 0:58 by sweetjohnnycage

Hey there. I am COMPLETELY stuck in Ganon's Tower. Do you think you could provide a bit of a walkthrough for me? I managed to get the dungeon map but that's about it. Been walking around in total circles for a few weeks.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Tue 16 Aug 2016 - 15:26 by Puzzledude

sweetjohnnycage wrote:Hey there. I am COMPLETELY stuck in Ganon's Tower. Do you think you could provide a bit of a walkthrough for me? I managed to get the dungeon map but that's about it. Been walking around in total circles for a few weeks.
If I remember correctly the trick was when you come up a certain stairs, there is a Pegswitch to the left. And the trick was, that you are able to throw the red block, which you make with the Cane of Somaria, over the statue, and can thus hit the Pegswitch to lower the blue/orange pegs. Then you can come to a certain room on the correct configuration of pegs, to be able to lit all 4 torches to open the door and proceed. I remember in the beta it was also possible to go down this road into the reverse, which was then fixed in v096, that you can only go the intended way.

In one other part of the dungeon it was the trick to place the block made with Cane of Somaria, unleash the beam, and run left to follow the beam, which would then hit the Pegswitch - neccesary to proceed. I'm not sure exactly in which part of the dungeon you are in.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Tue 28 Jun 2022 - 11:26; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 16 Aug 2016 - 15:51 by sweetjohnnycage

Puzzledude wrote:
sweetjohnnycage wrote:Hey there. I am COMPLETELY stuck in Ganon's Tower. Do you think you could provide a bit of a walkthrough for me? I managed to get the dungeon map but that's about it. Been walking around in total circles for a few weeks.
If I remember correctly the trick was when you come up a certain stairs, there is a Pegswitch to the left. And the trick was, that you are able to throw the red block, which you make with the Cane of Somaria, over the statue, and can thus hit the Pegswitch to lower the blue/orange pegs. Then you can come to a certain room on the correct configuration of pegs, to be able to lit all 4 torches to open the door and proceed. I remember in the beta it was also possible to go down this road into the reverse, which was then fixed in v096, that you can only go the intended way.

In one other part of the dungeon it was the trick to place the block made with Cane of Somaria, unleash the beam, and run left to follow the beam, which would then hit the Pegswitch - neccesary to proceed. I'm not sure exactly in which part of the dungeon you are in.

PS
Or just wait, until TeamUDF solves it in his walkthrough, to see how the entire dungeon is solved.

I am familiar with both of those sections. Lighting the four torches does nothing, unless that's what made the chest appear? I can't remember as I was originally trying it over a month ago. Should I have the Big Key by the time I try that?

As for the other room, following the beam to hit the pegswitch is what's needed to proceed through the north route, along the ice floor with the two beamos and eye beams, then to the next room and down the stairs. From there, I don't know what to do. I can get down to the lower level, but everything down there is covered by the upper floor. There are a couple hammer pegs to hammer down, but the only way to proceed any further is with the Big Key. I feel like I missed it somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Tue 16 Aug 2016 - 19:23 by Puzzledude

I am familiar with both of those sections. Lighting the four torches does nothing, unless that's what made the chest appear? I can't remember as I was originally trying it over a month ago. Should I have the Big Key by the time I try that?

As for the other room, following the beam to hit the pegswitch is what's needed to proceed through the north route, along the ice floor with the two beamos and eye beams, then to the next room and down the stairs. From there, I don't know what to do. I can get down to the lower level, but everything down there is covered by the upper floor. There are a couple hammer pegs to hammer down, but the only way to proceed any further is with the Big Key. I feel like I missed it somewhere.

everything down there is covered by the upper floor
And yet you can come through.

There are a couple hammer pegs to hammer down, but the only way to proceed any further is with the Big Key.
There is another path actually to get the big key first. And once you have it, there are 2 main paths: one for the big chest (optional) and one to the boss.

There you go:

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Hl1
From entrance one way street to this room. Make Somaria block, unleash the beam and run left, until it hits. Go up and hookshot right across spikes.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Hl2
Go bellow the floor (ie BG2) and make it to the bottom door.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Hl3
Since blue pegs are down, you will eventually come here. Go to the stairs and flip the switch to lower brown pegs. Go up and stand on the Stalfor appear sprite. Defeat all stalfoses to open the door. Then light torches to get the Big Key. Flip the switch again and go up (purple arrow).

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Hl4
Return and hit the switch again and go down.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Hl5
Throw the Cane across the Ganon statue to hit another peg switch and make it to this room. Hookshot up to the brown peg and left. Light all torches and open the chest.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Hl6
Hit the peg again with the Cane.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Hl7
Go up the stairs and right. Jump down and go to the staircase.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Hl8
Same room, but brown is now down. Make it to the door. Only possible to do, if the empty chest is there (so you need the chest opened to be able to hookshot when brown is down).

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Hl9
The long path will lead here. Defeat Vitreous and place the Somaria Block, which must travel. Then unleash the beam to hit the switch.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Hl10
Get teh Big Chest, return, hit the switch again and hookshot righ= id est status quo= back to entrance. Repeat path.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Hl11
But now in this room you can unlock the big lock. This is the main path that leads to Agahnim.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 17 Aug 2016 - 3:21 by sweetjohnnycage

Thanks for the map, but it doesn't quite help my problem haha. I think maybe a set of stairs is leading to the wrong place, because I have never been able to see the top section of this one:

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Hl3

I recorded a 9 minute video of what I'm able to do so far in the dungeon. I'll link it tomorrow once I upload it. If you're able to watch it and see what I'm doing wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Wed 17 Aug 2016 - 6:44 by Puzzledude

Thanks for the map, but it doesn't quite help my problem haha. ...because I have never been able to see the top section of this one.
Why oh why.

I recorded a 9 minute video of what I'm able to do so far in the dungeon. I'll link it tomorrow once I upload it. If you're able to watch it and see what I'm doing wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Sure. I'm guessing that the room, with a lot of upper floor covering the lower floor, is stopping you. Since the main trick to get the big key is actually that hookshot move through the spikes (picture one). That path just leads straight to the big key. The same path also splits to Agahnim, but only if you have the big key to unlock the door. The other main path is secondary and only to get the big chest.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 17 Aug 2016 - 17:07 by sweetjohnnycage

I have a sinking feeling a staircase is leading to the wrong place. Or maybe I'm blind. Regardless, thank you for the help thus far.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Wed 17 Aug 2016 - 17:48 by Puzzledude

3:05 = agahnim path (go here last)
4:14 = your solution is here

Your solutions is AT 4:14.
There is a hidden hammer peg under the BG1, so you can not see it. Hammer that and go through.

So the BG1 tricked you. Did you know by pressing the number 1 (or 2, or 3 or 4) on the keyboard, while on PC emulator, you can deactive layers and thus see the path underneath.

PS
You don't have the bugged rom or anything, although the game can use a final step to be completely debugged.

Let me deactive BG1 layer for you.
The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Help1

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Help2

Even better in the next room (probably not solvable without layer deactivation).
The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Help3

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 5 Help4

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 17 Aug 2016 - 23:07 by sweetjohnnycage

Wow. Thanks so much for showing me that.

On a very serious note, why the hell is that there? How is anyone supposed to know that hammer peg is there?

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 6:11 by Puzzledude

sweetjohnnycage wrote:Wow. Thanks so much for showing me that.

On a very serious note, why the hell is that there? How is anyone supposed to know that hammer peg is there?
By layer deactivation, or random hammering maybe, or searching. I as the creator of other Alttp hacks found this right away, since it is natural for me to deactivate BG1 on an emulator if I stand on BG2, while any bridges exist. (When you design, you need to turn layers on and off a lot). But ironically it took me a while to relize that you can throw a Somaria block across the Ganon-statue (which you found right away). It is interesting that you found the other hidden hammer peg though.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 13:42 by sweetjohnnycage

Puzzledude wrote:
sweetjohnnycage wrote:Wow. Thanks so much for showing me that.

By layer deactivation, or random hammering maybe, or searching. I as the creator of other Alttp hacks found this right away, since it is natural for me to deactivate BG1 on an emulator if I stand on BG2, while any bridges exist. (When you design, you need to turn layers on and off a lot). But ironically it took me a while to relize that you can throw a Somaria block across the Ganon-statue (which you found right away). It is interesting that you found the other hidden hammer peg though.

That makes some sense. The way I like to think of rom hacks is that they should be playable on a Super Nintendo (or whatever system) like any normal game. Needing to turn off a layer is just...wack.

I'm a former ALttP speed runner, so I'm already thinking outside the box when it comes to games like this, haha. I actually didn't know that you could throw a brick over a ganon statue, but it was obvious to me that that switch needed to be hit in order to solve the torch puzzle.

I beat the game last night. I think there should be a change to the pyramid dungeon, though. If you manage to fall down the pit during the Ganon fight, you are taken to a room that needs a key to escape. That key, however, is tucked away in a room with one entrance and one exit, and an exit that you cannot re-open if you don't go into the key room first. There is no exit to the Pyramid dungeon aside from the one that leads to the butter sword. If you die to Ganon, you respawn at the entrance that you fell into. The only way out at that point is to save and quit the game completely.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:16 by Puzzledude

That makes some sense. The way I like to think of rom hacks is that they should be playable on a Super Nintendo.
That's actually the endless debate between the comunity which prefers real hardware and the comunity which prefers emulation. I for instance am an emulation person. I think we should leave the hardware back in the previous millenia, but some others prefer otherwise and are sceptic on emus. Some prefer strict SNES emulation, others prefer emulation bending to new hacking possibilities that romhackers tend to use (I'm again in the latter group).

You thus can not expect a romhack to work on original hardware (specially if SMW). This is nevertheless the unofficial remake of the game, by people who have far less resources than a company, and I'm sorry to say, far worse tools to mod.

It is thus not wise to play hacks on real system, specially betas, where you can not save yourself with savestates or cheats. Only modifications which were heavily beta tested on various systems, like SD2SNES or BSNES, can be expected to also work on real system.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:24 by sweetjohnnycage

Puzzledude wrote:
That makes some sense. The way I like to think of rom hacks is that they should be playable on a Super Nintendo.
That's actually the endless debate between the comunity which prefers real hardware and the comunity which prefers emulation. I for instance am an emulation person. I think we should leave the hardware back in the previous millenia, but some others prefer otherwise and are sceptic on emus. Some prefer strict SNES emulation, others prefer emulation bending to new hacking possibilities that romhackers tend to use (I'm again in the latter group).

You thus can not expect a romhack to work on original hardware (specially if SMW). This is nevertheless the unofficial remake of the game, by people who have far less resources than a company, and I'm sorry to say, far worse tools to mod.

It is thus not wise to play hacks on real system, specially betas, where you can not save yourself with savestates or cheats. Only modifications which were heavily beta tested on various systems, like SD2SNES or BSNES, can be expected to also work on real system.

I can understand the other side of the argument. It's certainly an added element that's unique to roms.

That said, I guess what threw me off was the fact that it was never necessary throughout any of the dungeons in the game, but suddenly it's expected to be used not once, but twice in Ganon's Tower with no indication that it's starting to be a mechanic.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 16:05 by Floki

In Parallel Worlds it made sense to hide things in the bg2 with the ability to turn the layers off, but it surely doesn't make sense if you do this on a hack with no such ability.

Using an emulator to turn off layers to verify whats underneat isn't an ability. So I can understand Johnny's confusion here. I surely would have been confused as well and I'm someone who makes rom hacks.

Never been a fan of two layerered dungeons and don't think I ever needed to use those in my dungeons whatsover.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 16:14 by sweetjohnnycage

Lord SePH wrote:In Parallel Worlds it made sense to hide things in the bg2 with the ability to turn the layers off, but it surely doesn't make sense if you do this on a hack with no such ability.

Using an emulator to turn off layers to verify whats underneat isn't an ability. So I can understand Johnny's confusion here. I surely would have been confused as well and I'm someone who makes rom hacks.

Never been a fan of two layerered dungeons and don't think I ever needed to use those in my dungeons whatsover.

I never played past the intro of Parallel Worlds when it was early on it beta, so I don't know how that game handles it. Is there an item that turns it off from inside the game itself? Or is there some sort of sign that says "PRESS 2!"?

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 16:17 by Floki

If you hold off the L and R buttons or something like that you can see underneat layers. It is a tip given when you're in the church (my knowledge of that game is getting old...been ten years already).

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 16:23 by sweetjohnnycage

Lord SePH wrote:If you hold off the L and R buttons or something like that you can see underneat layers. It is a tip given when you're in the church (my knowledge of that game is getting old...been ten years already).

Ah OK that's pretty neat.

With all that said, Intim, I think your hack is WONDERFUL. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and all the time I dumped into it. Bugs aside (seeing the Triforce and having it say, "Yo! Link!" was hilarious), you have some legitimate talent for dungeon design. Skull Woods was entertaining yet difficult, especially since I can complete that dungeon in ~5 minutes or less in a regular ALttP speed run. It really made me reset my knowledge of this game's world and think like a brand new Zelda player again. I really liked how I had to revisit the added dungeon near the Eastern Palace a couple times with new items. Really great design philosophy there.

One final criticism I have is for Turtle Rock. Typically, by the time a player reaches Turtle Rock in ALttP, they have a decent stock of hearts from the dungeons (minimum of 12) and the Blue Tunic. Chain Chomps and Hokkubokkus do terrifying amounts of damage when you have nothing but the Green Tunic and so few hearts. Is there a way to reduce the damage of enemies?

Rearranging the dungeon order was wonderful and made me think of the overworld and game progress very differently. It just sucked walking into Turtle Rock and getting body slammed from every single enemy in the place without anything to really defend myself from them or absorb damage.

Again, wonderful job on the hack and thank you for making it. I really enjoyed playing it Smile

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Sat 20 Aug 2016 - 17:32 by IntimFuchtler

Thanks for your playthrough and review^^
And sorry for not answering you, I'am not online that often lately, cause I have to do other stuff.

It's good to hear you liked my hack, although there are many things that need to be redone/some more balancing, like ganon's tower, which is a harsh difficult spike compared to the rest of the game. Also the pyramid is a bit whakky, but I didn't had that many rooms left to work with.
For turtle rock, didn't you get the blue tunic from the bonus light world dungeon?

Anyway, if I get the time to work on this again, I will release a much better version than this one

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 20 Aug 2016 - 17:37 by sweetjohnnycage

IntimFuchtler wrote:Thanks for your playthrough and review^^
And sorry for not answering you, I'am not online that often lately, cause I have to do other stuff.

It's good to hear you liked my hack, although there are many things that need to be redone/some more balancing, like ganon's tower, which is a harsh difficult spike compared to the rest of the game. Also the pyramid is a bit whakky, but I didn't had that many rooms left to work with.
For turtle rock, didn't you get the blue tunic from the bonus light world dungeon?

Anyway, if I get the time to work on this again, I will release a much better version than this one

You need the mirror shield in order to get through that area safely to move through the eye beams in that small room. Or the cape, or the blue cane. I don't think I had any of those at that point.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next