The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 4 Empty The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy

Patch Download v1.042:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/riy7z3jv6mu6d46/Hylian_Legacy_1.042.rar/file
The patches need to be applied on ALTTP (US), no header. You need a UPS patcher.

-----------------------------------------------

Hello out there, I'am IntimFuchtler and I would like to show you my Hack
The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy

It's my first released Hack ever, changing all Dungeons and some minor Overworld edits. So it's kind of a half Hack.

You can expect:
- New Dungeons
- 2 Extra Dungeons
- New Dungeon Order
- Minibosses
- New to some extend unique Ideas regarding Level Design
- A new Item Order
- New Hud (thanks to the ToT Hud Patch)
- Many other stuff

V 1.042
- Level Design Changes, ought to be the final version

V 1.02
- Fixed a possible Softlock in Turtle Rock

V 1.01
- Some minor Changes

V 1.0 Changelog:
- Look at the Readme for more

V 0.96 Changelog:
- Fixed a gamebreaking bug before Level 1
- Fixed a mistake in the Readme
- The Map is now totally screwed up in most of the Dungeons

V 0.95 Changelog:
- Added ingame credits
- Fixed some game important bugs in Level 6 and 8 (thanks to Puzzledude)
- Balanced some things
- other minor stuff

I would like to hear some constructive critic^^

Some other questions of mine, is it possible to create a asm Patch, which will show up a message only one time in a specific part of the room (like NW, NE ...)?
Also i have removed Sahashrahala so the Pendant locations never show up on the map. Is it possible that they will show up after you have met with the priest?

Last edited by IntimFuchtler on Thu 21 Oct 2021 - 16:39; edited 18 times in total
IntimFuchtler
IntimFuchtler

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 4 Image213

Since : 2016-02-12

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy :: Comments

Post Mon 13 Jun 2016 - 20:48 by superskuj

Yeah I'm very interested in beta testing Smile Of course I would do the first playthrough glitchless

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 13 Jun 2016 - 22:20 by Floki

Alright you're in as well!

I'll accept three more beta testers and probably leave it as such for a while being that there are currently 17 beta testers right now and it should be more than enough at 20.

^^I'm planning to release the game as an open beta on December 31st 2016.

Any bugs found after both the closed beta and open beta will get fixed until a more stable version is available which I'll then call version 1.0.

But the open beta will definitely be out exactly ten years after Parallel Worlds initial release.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 14 Jun 2016 - 1:51 by ChristosOwen

Oh and Intim, I found my previous broadcast of your hack actually. It's in 3 parts and you can watched it here if you like:

https://www.twitch.tv/christosowen/manager/highlights

You can just fast forward to the relevant parts to see the glitches and things I mentioned.

Incidentally, I also have my playthrough of Puzzledude's IQ test on there which I completely forgot about! ^_^

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Tue 14 Jun 2016 - 5:42 by IntimFuchtler

The bomb right before the blue mail, if you mean that peg switch you get to after you beat the optional boss then you shouldn't worry. I only tried that you have to use the boomerang one more time. Even if you are still able to use a bomb you won't break anything. Or did you throw a bomb from above, the path were you get to after the light world boss rush? If so I just fixed it by adding one more block.

As for now, I'am doing one more testrun with 0.96. Then I will try to fix all gamebreaking bugs, balance a few things (like Level 8 and the monologes, they bug me) and release V1.

Anyway, thanks for reporting all the bugs you mentioned ChristosOwen. Also I appreciate good, harsh critic, so don't worry at all (if you did)^^

Sadly my internet connection isn't good at all at the time being. Once I get to it I would love to watch your stream of my hack Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 3:09 by SaGaRa

Hi ho
Can it be thats the 4 Lightworld dungeon have the same map with the Hyrule Castle?
Because i have no more keys to explore the dungeon and i check it on Chris stream.
1 invite he comes out with 1 key and the 2 invite he comes in with 3 keys (yeah very crazy) and saw thats he put the keys in the Castle it.
Now i cant in the castle and have not enouth keys Ohmygod
Sry for my bad english X:

SaGaRa

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 7:38 by Puzzledude

SaGaRa wrote:Hi ho
Can it be thats the 4 Lightworld dungeon have the same map with the Hyrule Castle?
Because i have no more keys to explore the dungeon and i check it on Chris stream.
1 invite he comes out with 1 key and the 2 invite he comes in with 3 keys (yeah very crazy) and saw thats he put the keys in the Castle it.
Now i cant in the castle and have not enouth keys Ohmygod
Sry for my bad english X:

SaGaRa
That's because 2 dungeons are defined as one. I believe the Castle and the level-4 (additional level in light world) share the keys, which is not how it supposed to be, so you need to solve them separately and not use keys of one dungeon in another. This is understandable though, since this is one extra dungeon beyond what Alttp had.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 8:31 by SaGaRa

yeah but when you didnt know and play the beginn of the 4 dungeon get out with 1 key dont know thats both dungeons in 1 map. Make Aghanim dont know thats the one key of the 4 dungeon you cant back in the castle. and now ? rip file

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 11:07 by IntimFuchtler

Whops, didn't know about that. I thought that the church and castle dungeon use seperate keys?? Well, I could change it so that the castle doors are still open after Agahanim but then you could get ether early. For you safe file, I could upload you a safestate or you use HM to place the missing keys

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 11:33 by Puzzledude

SaGaRa wrote:yeah but when you didnt know and play the beginn of the 4 dungeon get out with 1 key dont know thats both dungeons in 1 map. Make Aghanim dont know thats the one key of the 4 dungeon you cant back in the castle. and now ? rip file
It is never a rip file. Just use the Cheat for infinite small keys.
You can also additionally hack the file with Hyrule Magic and continue.

Whops, didn't know about that. I thought that the church and castle dungeon use seperate keys??
This is actually a small problem, if you compare it to how much potential these dungeons have.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 13:10 by SaGaRa

no its not a problem you can wirte on a shield with a info. Yeah i had use cheat for check it. but i did new game to controll it ^^

.. Kurz mal deutsch... Klar mit cheats kann man da was machen ist mir halt aufgefallen als ich jetzt spielte wie gesagt ne info das man z.b erst aghanim machen muss dann hier her um so was zu vermeiden. und keine panik war ja kein weiter weg bin schon wieder auf dem stand ^^

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 13:44 by IntimFuchtler

Ok, dann ist ja gut, kann ich dann fürs nächste Update fixen. Ich hoffe dir gefällt der Hack sonst soweit^^

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 19:25 by Vega

Hey there, how's it going? Smile

First off all: You did an amazing job!
I started to play your hack a few days ago and I'm blown away. Your dungeon design is superb, especially if I consider, that this is your first romhack.

The only thing missing (at least in my opinion but not a must have) are a new overworld and a new story. Very Happy

So far I finished Hyrule Castle and the first Dungeon.
But a quick question... Where can I find Sahasrahla? Very Happy

I'm pretty exited for version 1^^

Or in other words:
Extrem gut, bleib dran! Ich bin gespannt, was du noch so in petto hast Wink Smile

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 0:41 by IntimFuchtler

Thanks for your good words^^ Sahasrahala isn't in this game, he is on vacation. The boots are in the next dungeon.

In my opinion a new overworld is the hardest thing to do in HM. Also this hack shouldn't be that big so I did only minor necessary edits

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 9:05 by Arnachy69

Hey Best man,

i'll find a little bug in dungeon 1
where you get the sword of youre uncle
on an other rom where you will go is a door when you walk
thru the door and you in the other room you sit on and in a wall
i'll have change the letters from
" A link to the Past "
in
Hyrule to the Past
this looks nice Very Happy
in

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 13:39 by IntimFuchtler

You mean the little sewer where links oncle is? I just looked it up and I didn't encountered any bugs/errors. Could you show me a screenshot? It's easier for me this way.

Did you changed the title screen? or is this just a suggestion of yours?

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 4:55 by Arnachy69

I'll Changed the title screen in

"Hyrule The Past " Razz

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 6:46 by Puzzledude

Arnachy69 wrote:I'll Changed the title screen in

"Hyrule The Past " Razz
Hyrule the Past has no relevant meaning (nor Hyrule to the past).
Why not change it to Hyrule Legacy, as this is the actual title. Will probably not fit into the gfx space intended for the title, but it can be done with smaller latters. Or the smaller letters are used for "the legend of" thus leaving enough space for the big letter for the title. Also changing the title screen has a severe effect on the Rom and can bug it, unless done right/debugged.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 11:52 by Arnachy69

What you Say Puzzle Master it works with small letters
but ahummm i'm will use the orginal letters like above
but than what you say i come lost on letter space
it's not fit anymore and bug's inside the after change Sad

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 12:24 by Puzzledude

it's not fit anymore and bug's inside the after change
Editing gfx is not enough, you need to use the HM's title screen editor to load the modified gfx into the screen, ie draw them on screen (either multiple times, or mirrored etc). Plus the "THE" needs to be intact, since it is used 2 times in original Alttp, which leaves you with quite a small space (and the redrawing of the title in HM becomes thus necessary).

One other thing that might happen is this:
If you edit the gfx and then use the HM's title screen editor and start editing/inserting, ie drawing, ie filling in the small elements, the program might simply reduce the file size uppon saving to where it writes new expanded data (towards the end of the file) for the title screen.

And it thus reduces the entire file back to around 1.039 KB, deleteing all data above this number. So if the rom is expandeed to 2MB and this happens, you then need to manually copy paste the data from 1.039 to 2.000 back in, using the back up file. (Happened a lot of times when making my custom title screens).

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 2:19 by Arnachy69

Hey Puzzle ,

Is it not possible to make an introducing Youtube Video
to show how it works
i bet you make some beginning hackers happy ? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 7:23 by Vega

IntimFuchtler wrote:Thanks for your good words^^ Sahasrahala isn't in this game, he is on vacation. The boots are in the next dungeon.

In my opinion a new overworld is the hardest thing to do in HM. Also this hack shouldn't be that big so I did only minor necessary edits

Sure thing, you're welcome^^

Ok, thanks for the hint Smile

I cannot really say anything about this, I never worked with HM and I doubt that there is a version for Macs Very Happy
And you are right, it doesn't really need a new overworld. It would be nice, but the new dungeons are more than enough^^

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 15:24 by IntimFuchtler

@ChristosOwen

I have watched all your Streams regarding my hack and it was really enjoyable^^
Although I watched your recently streamed videos cause between part 1 and 2 of your Hyrule Legacy Highlights is some missing photage.

It helped me alot to notice more bugs and/or errors. For example you could get stuck in Turtle Rock if you bomb jumped across a certain gap and used a key there. I need to block this area so people don't ever are able to use the keys in the wrong order. Also I think that Level 4 was your least favourite Dungeon, while others think it is one of the best. Maybe the Block/Torch Puzzle on the lowest level is to hard? The timing is quite tight to get it right.

Also you skipped a Puzzle in Level 7. You are supposd to use the central Block, which was used to get to the boss, to wallbounce across a certain gap to hit a PegSwitch before you push the Block down to B6. I never thought one could reach that PegSwitch with the Cane of Somaria in such a way Smile

The same in the Bonus Light World Dungeon. You never went through the boss door and fought the extra boss. I also must do some adjustments so a player can not bomb that switch (I also found a logic error in that dungeon but you didn't noticed^^).

I think Level 8 is the weakest Dungeon in my Hack. Some rooms are really to unfair/hard for a normal player. That room with the four EyeLasers is doable without cane or cape, I did it myself. You need to quickle change direction and block of the lasers with the mirror shield while walking, although the timing is REALLY hard, I thing it's best to leave this for a hard mode.
Also while I watched you, I noticed that the spike maze is quite irretating. Either I need to make it more obvious or remove it completly, same with that one special key, although I thought it's quite obvious that there must be something.
I lought quite a bit when you were caught by the wallmaster or fell down cause of the star tiles. I don't want to remove the star tiles but I'am willing to remove the Wallmasters, cause now I realise they are quite unfair, letting you climb up the whole tower again Cool
Anyway, I think I did a good job in making this dungeon hard, you had to use some potions, but I will balance it for future releases, so that the average player is able to beat it without much trouble^^

I really appreciate it that you still went on playing this although you encountered some gamebreaking bugs (still don't know what happened to level 3 and 7, it looks like that the second room of level 3 is loading the data from room 48, wich is the room where Agahanim send Zelda in the Dark World).
The best bug was without questions the thief in the woods using ganons battle monologue Very Happy
Also interisting to see how you breaked level 6 to get the tempered sword early. I think I won't edit cut this, so players can kind of sequence break.

So next up is more bug fixing and other stuff. I thought about adding some optional challenges, like don't use any Medallions beside to open up level 3 and 4 or don't kill any shells in level 3 etc.
If I'am finished with this I would like you to test this once more, if it's okay with you.

Some questions:
- I want to copy paste the original Zelda3 Monologue Data, but at which offset are they stored? I also never edited the monologues, so I don't know how they got glitched.
- During the Ending the Sword and Shield Graphics are glitched but why? I didn't changed anything regarding this.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 13:20 by ChristosOwen

Glad you enjoyed the vods Smile sorry if some was missing, not sure why that happened.

Regarding your comments on level 4: I was also tired when playing this dungeon and overlooked the cane of somaria point near the beginning, which caused me to waste a lot of time after I found the Cane. I agree with you; I think the dungeon is fine how it is except for the block/torch puzzle on the lowest level. Perhaps removing the chain chomps and/or making the rooms easier to travel through would be better?

Hehe glad I managed to skip some puzzles in a couple of dungeons, but yes definitely recommend fixing them. What logic error did I miss? :p

Regarding your comments on level 8: I agree with what you said. The four eye laser room could be better if one of the eyes on each pathway is the type that only opens when you look at it? This could provide a fairer challenge? Personally I would remove the spike maze, I really didn't enjoy it and I don't think my viewers did either. Some changes to it should be made at least to make it less frustrating (and more visible?) if you decide to keep it. The one with the special hidden key is actually fine, it makes sense within the concept of the dungeon. In hindsight I think I only missed it due to being tired by the point I was playing. Although you should fixed the bug when you fall down that hole, and maybe make the tile on the bottom floor after you fall through the hole more obvious to hint at doing the same for the hidden key (perhaps by putting a "star" on the floor or something similar)? I think removing the wallmasters but keeping the star tiles is fair. However in the 4th room which is time based I would definitely suggest adding a Sashrahla text tile before these set of rooms telling/hinting the player to "avoid stars and move quickly". That will make it completely fair then. Overall it's a good dungeon, just needs a bit of refining Smile

It was a hack worth playing to the end despite the game breaking bugs. I would definitely do a lot of playtesting before final release to make sure those issues stay fixed. Hahaha the Ganon text in Lost Woods was hilarious, I loved that! You should keep that in even when you fix the rest of the text Wink

True, no point preventing players doing later dungeons early. After all the original game lets you do dungeons in a completely non-linear order if you wish.

How would you implement the optional challenges? I'm not quite sure what you mean here? Yes I will 100% be happy to do another full playthrough when you've made your changes. As to your questions, I can't help with those sadly. Someone else in these forums definitely will be able to though.

Thanks for watching the vods and taking the time to reply. And thanks again for making the hack. Looking forward to the next version!

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 14:51 by Puzzledude

During the Ending the Sword and Shield Graphics are glitched but why? I didn't changed anything regarding this.
No idea what is happening here. Requires ASM to fix this.

I want to copy paste the original Zelda3 Monologue Data, but at which offset are they stored? I also never edited the monologues, so I don't know how they got glitched.
I'll quote myleff here:

written by Puzzledude (some time ago)
bank A

starts at
E0000, (block= 8000)

7F is start (no data) = monologue 000 (no text)

code +7F (data of monologue 001  +7F= end)
code +7F (data of monologue 002  +7F= end)
etc

ends at E7FFF with 7F!
-------------

E8000 must be 01 FF (camera shake)!

HM usually destroys this by making the 01 into 80. Reason of the bug is this: Alttp has two ballast bytes at the end of the code, so the code ends as 7F 80 FF. HM sets the end at E7FFF, but puts 7F there, followed by 80 FF, who should Not be in the code, since this is next bank! 7F is the actual end.
-------------

bank B

starts at
75F40, (block= 14C0)

code +7F (data of monologue (all bank-A +1)  +7F= end)
code +7F (data of monologue (all bank-A +2)  +7F= end)
etc

ends at 773FF with FF!
-------------

GLOBAL OVERVIEW

bank A
E0000, (block= 8000)

bank B
75F40, (block= 14C0)

So basically you need to go to E0000 of Alttp (no header) and select data block 8000 in hex and copy paste it to exact location in the hack (paste+overwrite= ctrl+B in HxD hex editor). And the same for the additional block.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 8 Jul 2016 - 16:01 by sweetjohnnycage

Hey there Intim. I think I used a couple keys in the wrong place in Turtle Rock and now I'm stuck. I got into the room with the color crystal switch, but found myself with nowhere to go and 3 keys to use. I used an arrow to hit the switch from afar, and then I made my way to a room with blue pokeys and chain chomps. I now have no more keys and I am completely stuck. It's clear to me the item in this dungeon is the Cane, but I think I may have completely screwed myself. Any tips?

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next