AntROMhacker's Burning Questions

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

AntROMhacker's Burning Questions - Page 2 Empty Re: AntROMhacker's Burning Questions

Post by AntROMhacker Mon 12 Sep 2016 - 9:56

Puzzledude wrote:
AntROMhacker wrote:How could u remove the map ability in dungeons, hex?
4.) Dungeon maps removal

address (no header)  10908
address (with heder) 10B08

value F0 (maps are displayed when pressing X button in any dungeon)

value 80 (maps are NOT displayed when pressing X button in any dungeon = optimal,
         since the dungeon maps are always bugged or inaccurate)
thanks
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2016-04-13

Back to top Go down

AntROMhacker's Burning Questions - Page 2 Empty Re: AntROMhacker's Burning Questions

Post by AntROMhacker Wed 14 Sep 2016 - 13:22

Its been a bit, i pretty much completed the dungeon where u get zelda, i added a boss to the room before u go upstairs to the priest, when i defeat it, everything is functional , but when i go upstairs for the priest, room loads and i hear walking sound effect, but i dont see link then i see him going downstairs when i didnt make him go down, how to fix?
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 14 Sep 2016 - 14:12

but when i go upstairs for the priest, room loads and i hear walking sound effect, but i dont see link then i see him going downstairs when i didnt make him go down, how to fix?
I've seen this bug a lot of times. Usually it fixes itself by going up the second time, however it was not documented how to debug this, or why Link is being put to another room on false X and Y, which is too high up, that's why he can not step on the floor normally and gets auto-trapped on the stairs which go back down again.

I can only suggest you use the backup rom without this bug, otherwise you will need ASM tracing to see what is going on while transiting and then hex-fix the false code being executed. Like said, this is not yet documented though.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

AntROMhacker's Burning Questions - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by AntROMhacker Wed 14 Sep 2016 - 19:53

How could i alter specific sprites using yy-chr, i know how to draw but i want correct palattes to?
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Spane Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 1:51

1. Try to put the Staircase on Layer 3 instead of Layer 2 or 1. This worked for me on one of my caves there i got the same problem.

2. You need to make a savestate in ZSNEWS or SNES9X and load this into YY-CHR. You can load it by pressing a button on the top right corner. It says: "Load Savestate".

Important: You need to make this savestate then the palette is loaded in the emulator. As an example: If you load a savestate from the title screen you will get title screen palettes, if you load a savestate from a dungeon you will get this palette.

~Spane~

Spane

Since : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 5:53

How could i alter specific sprites using yy-chr, i know how to draw but i want correct palattes to?
Like written above. In your case the sprite in question needs to be on-screen when you make the ZST save state, which will be loaded in YY-chr. The program can then load the pals correctly, however I (for instance) edit on a neutral pal and simply know, which colour is which.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by AntROMhacker Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 6:24

Thanks guys ill try it when i get home after a long day of testing Doh
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AntROMhacker Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 20:33

Spane wrote:1. Try to put the Staircase on Layer 3 instead of Layer 2 or 1. This worked for me on one of my caves there i got the same problem.

2. You need to make a savestate in ZSNEWS or SNES9X and load this into YY-CHR. You can load it by pressing a button on the top right corner. It says: "Load Savestate".

Important: You need to make this savestate then the palette is loaded in the emulator. As an example: If you load a savestate from the title screen you will get title screen palettes, if you load a savestate from a dungeon you will get this palette.

~Spane~
did everything you said spane , made a savestate, loaded the colors, graphics still wont come up for the blue soilder.
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 23:04

Did you decompressed the graphics with zcompress?

You need to decompress those before you can edit any graphics.

Loading the savestate alone won't be enough!  Smile

There should be a tutorial for zcompress somewhere in that compendium if memory serves right:

http://www.romhacking.net/documents/691/

Once you are done editing your decompressed graphics, you need to insert them back into the game to see your changes!

^^Getting too old for this!

Floki

AntROMhacker's Burning Questions - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Spane Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 2:08

Read this guide SePH posted.

You may have only two problems:

1: You have not decompressed the graphics to a .bin file and using the rom instead. This is false you have to decompress the graphics with zcompress from the rom.

2: You have displayed the false graphics. On the bottom left corner there are many dropdown menus. You have to set one to 4BPP SNES for the normal 16 bit graphics or 2BPP for the 8 bit graphics.
I think the best thing you can do is to take a screenshot from your YY-CHR and post it in here and then i can say you what you did false.

~Spane~

Spane

Since : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by AntROMhacker Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 6:16

Good call, i made a copy of my hack before it got corrupt and i havnt made a newer .bin file for it, thats prob what is wrong, and ive always had that document you postd, VERY helpful and informative! Very Happy
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 10:05

did everything you said spane, made a savestate, loaded the colors, graphics still wont come up for the blue soldier.

Yes they do (gfx address 5E000). Note: it's not really the Blue soldier, it's the soldier in general: green, blue and red, since the gfx never repeats, it only gets reloaded in various pals and mirrorings.

AntROMhacker's Burning Questions - Page 2 Soldier4456
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by AntROMhacker Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 21:44

Puzzledude wrote:
did everything you said spane, made a savestate, loaded the colors, graphics still wont come up for the blue soldier.

Yes they do (gfx address 5E000). Note: it's not really the Blue soldier, it's the soldier in general: green, blue and red, since the gfx never repeats, it only gets reloaded in various pals and mirrorings.

AntROMhacker's Burning Questions - Page 2 Soldier4456
Puzz , can u please break it down for me of how you got the graphics to appear like that, i tried every little thing and no success, Decompressed graphics, Made new ZST file, loaded in emulator, I even played with the little scroll for the BPP's, no success.. Sad
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 17 Sep 2016 - 7:01

Puzz, can u please break it down for me of how you got the graphics to appear like that, i tried every little thing and no success
Load Rom in ZSNES emulator. Make a ZST save state while on overworld and when there is no rain (I call this the "tree" ZST, since it is fully compatible with the tree gfx set regarding pals).

Decompress the gfx from the Rom into the .bin file using zcompress (note: Rom must be 2MB and with header). I think you already know this process, since it is Dos based, so you need to run Dos and enter the decompress instruction as written in zcompress readme.

Load .bin file in YY chr under load file. Load .zst file in YYchr under load palettes. Scroll down to gfx address 5E000. Press the small down-arrow on the right-bottom corner to swap between 16 palettes. One of them is equal to what is on the picture.

Note: the palettes do not need to match at all. You know which colour this is going to be in the game. When you edit the blue in my picture, you will also edit the green soldier and the red soldier automatically (since the values 06 and 07 will be red or green, for the same soldier on a different in-game pal).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by AntROMhacker Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 13:27

Thanks, its been a while sinse i touched my rom, considering my birthday is tommorow, ive been getting pretty good at makng dungeons, how could i make bridges Puzz?
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 13:47

Not so easy. For help: check room 98 of the original game in Hyrule Magic.

--First set BG2: Normal. Floor 1 must be different value than floor 2.
--Insert bg2 walls to define where the lower area is going to be, and where the upper area of the same room.
--Choose which 2 parts of the upper area should the bridge connect and connect it by inserting floor elements either on layer 1 on layer 3.
--Fence the entire upper area so you can't make glitch jumps. Leave space (no fance) only where the staircases and tested jumps to bg2 will be.
--Define bg2 by insterting element 0C6 while having layer-3 checked. The lower part must be filled entirely, leaving the bridge (and bg1) out and leaving one unit of the bg2-walls out (the most upper part).
--Instert correct staircases from bg2 to bg1. Note: this is element 131, which will bring Link from bg1 to 2 and vice versa.
--Correct the wall under the bridge: in HM check the bg1 out to see bellow. Now insert walls-element-001 while having layer-2 checked.
--Fill the bg2 with elements while having layer-2 checked, fill bg1 with elements while having layer-1 checked.
--Insert sprites on bg2 by pressing - on the keyboard, same for items on bg2.
--Insert bg2 connection doors to other rooms correctly if such transition exists.

Note: This is not an easy task. Look up room 98 in Hyrule Magic of the original game and disassemble it, to see how it is made. Empty the room one element at the time, and try to build the room again, to learn.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by AntROMhacker Fri 30 Sep 2016 - 11:29

I think ill make bridges later.... How could i make the mountain theme play when i first leave the church , i selected after being agahnim phase and selected it to mountain, but it still plays overworld, how could i make it play mountain whenever i leave caves or houses, but this question is more pointed towards seph, because i see he managed to make the overworld theme play during begin phase
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 30 Sep 2016 - 12:25

how could i make it play mountain whenever i leave caves or houses
Long story short - you can't (unless using ASM). Nintendo made sure that after leaving houses or caves it always plays Overworld music. Only 3 entrances were then adopted by original authors to not play that: 2 in forest and 1 in village. Adopting music which is being played will require ASM, written by Conn in the Patches section.

It is however easy to change the music of areas with HM, and it will always play that music uppon area transit (but not uppon exiting entrances).

he managed to make the overworld theme play during begin phase
That's a different thing. You can change the music played in the beginning phase with HM.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by AntROMhacker Fri 30 Sep 2016 - 12:43

Puzzledude wrote:
how could i make it play mountain whenever i leave caves or houses
Long story short - you can't (unless using ASM). Nintendo made sure that after leaving houses or caves it always plays Overworld music. Only 3 entrances were then adopted by original authors to not play that: 2 in forest and 1 in village. Adopting music which is being played will require ASM, written by Conn in the Patches section.

It is however easy to change the music of areas with HM, and it will always play that music uppon area transit (but not uppon exiting entrances).

he managed to make the overworld theme play during begin phase
That's a different thing. You can change the music played in the beginning phase with HM.
oh.. Thanks
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 30 Sep 2016 - 12:44

just noticed your vital hex doc, it would be great if you can post that somewhere official (like single codes collection or whereever) if you haven't already Wink
Conn
Conn

AntROMhacker's Burning Questions - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 30 Sep 2016 - 16:32

Conn wrote:just noticed your vital hex doc, it would be great if you can post that somewhere official (like single codes collection or whereever) if you haven't already Wink
I edited the first post out to actually have new content (before the post was empty).
https://www.zeldix.net/t17-vital-hex-addresses

Edit:
Now also merged the 3 documents here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1215-puzzledude-s-all-in-one-hex-info
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by AntROMhacker Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 9:58

Hi everyone its been a while sinse i posted, one quick question puzz , i know its in the compedium but how can i make that annoying beep sound go away?
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 15 Oct 2016 - 8:43

AntROMhacker wrote:Hi everyone its been a while sinse i posted, one quick question puzz , i know its in the compedium but how can i make that annoying beep sound go away?
I suggest you actually read this document sometime soon.
https://www.zeldix.net/t1215-puzzledude-s-all-in-one-hex-info

8.) Stop the annoing beaping sound when you have low health!
6DCA1: 2B --> 00

i know its in the compedium
Then, why did you ask.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by AntROMhacker Sat 15 Oct 2016 - 14:34

Because i asked for solid instructions thats why.
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AntROMhacker Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 13:12

Hi everyone.. Been a long while sinse the last update here, i came up with a great idea, how could i combine all the normal house rooms into a a dungeon ? Because i want to make a house of souls, Because in the normal houses they little key doesnt show up on the HUD (where the bombs and arrows and ruppees are)
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next