Are you stuck in the hack?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Are you stuck in the hack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you stuck in the hack?

Post by AntROMhacker Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 12:21

Puzzledude wrote:
AntROMhacker wrote:So, im on the final battle, i need to find the level 4 lightsaber or as i like to call it the master saber, where could i find it? Also what about the harp or flute?
Go to the desert and perform the algorithm from the Galaxy book to come to the Triforce shrine, which has quite a lot of items, including the sword-4 and harp.
do you mean the Book that was sent away by peach in the hard af IQ room
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2016-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 14:33

No, the Galaxy guide is that strange new item, which is actually hacked ether medallion. When you select this item press X instead of Y and it will start the long monologues, one of which contains the combination for the Ice rod. And once you get the Ice rod you can also freeze the blocks away in the same area and thus do the other combination for the Triforce Shrine.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Are you stuck in the hack? - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by AntROMhacker Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 15:25

Oh the dont panic item i suppose
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AntROMhacker Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 19:59

alright so i found all the items but now there's a chest i got to find all 20 rings, i got 17, can u find the last three ones in the heart of the tardis, i already found the ones in the triforce shrine.
AntROMhacker
AntROMhacker
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 18 Nov 2016 - 8:43

The 9 human rings are from bosses, 3 elven are in the Triforce shrine, and the 7 dwarven are hidden everywhere. Most complex/difficult to get ones are for instance when you fall down from Ganon, some are in Tardis, one special one id when you fly to number 8 and finish all dungeons there and then beat the so called super Agahnim there.
The 20th ring is the One ring in the inventory as the item: so thus: 9+3+7= 19+1= 20.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by sumotherguy Fri 2 Dec 2016 - 11:03

Could we get a heart piece guide as a txt file? I'm almost burnt out trying to find the last 2 that I've been missing since release day.

Last edited by sumotherguy on Fri 2 Dec 2016 - 11:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Make question more specific)

sumotherguy
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2015-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 2 Dec 2016 - 14:57

sumotherguy wrote:Could we get a heart piece guide as a txt file? I'm almost burnt out trying to find the last 2 that I've been missing since release day.
Spoiler:
However, do note, that without being able to open the game with Hyrule Magic, the room numbers might not be enough. Sometimes the info on how to actual obtain them is missing. Feel free to update the txt with that info or better with screenshots.

But I'm guessing you missed the ones which require you to dig on random places to get them (like in my case).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by sumotherguy Fri 2 Dec 2016 - 19:06

Puzzledude wrote:
However, do note, that without being able to open the game with Hyrule Magic, the room numbers might not be enough. Sometimes the info on how to actual obtain them is missing. Feel free to update the txt with that info or better with screenshots.

But I'm guessing you missed the ones which require you to dig on random places to get them (like in my case).

You would be correct in that I missed the dig spot in space. I'm still looking for the other one. The room called "atari" that is located in Retro Land correct?

sumotherguy
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2015-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 3 Dec 2016 - 6:33

You would be correct in that I missed the dig spot in space. I'm still looking for the other one. The room called "atari" that is located in Retro Land correct?
18- Area 3C (Atari),
This is the overworld area and you really can not miss this heartpiece, since it is just laying on the ground.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 23:30

I'm baffled. I collected all the human rings but am missing a key to get through the last locked door. I swear I've checked each of the Tardis rooms like 20 times and can't think of anything I'm overlooking.

A few other things I'm wondering about:
-How to reach the warp blocks in the clocktower, which are blocked by 2 spikes
-How to reach a long greyed room in Parallel Tower Ruins

I was able to solve the secret block puzzle Smile IQ Test came in handy for that one - nice one

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Since : 2015-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 5:16

How to reach the warp blocks in the clocktower, which are blocked by 2 spikes

Either you can "hover" which is kind of like a glitch or you need the lucky shield which allows you to pass through spikes. you get the lucky shield at the very end.

-How to reach a long greyed room in Parallel Tower Ruins.

I'm guessing that i know that you are talking about, but there is this one hole in that dungeon and you have to fall correctly down it to get to that room. Its like a puzzle. thats my hint.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Are you stuck in the hack? - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 6:39

I'm baffled. I collected all the human rings but am missing a key to get through the last locked door. I swear I've checked each of the Tardis rooms like 20 times and can't think of anything I'm overlooking.
As far as I know, the Tardis rooms should have all 4 keys. Keys should be at: jumping platforms, deku platform and also moving the block which makes a chest and using the one ring to get to the chest.

A few other things I'm wondering about:
-How to reach the warp blocks in the clocktower, which are blocked by 2 spikes
-How to reach a long greyed room in Parallel Tower Ruins
In clocktower: you need shield-4, which lets go through spikes. Not sure if this is called Lucky shield as Conn made 2 shields: Lucky- for the enemies to drop better treasure and shield-4 to walk through spikes (initially called Ank which was an amulet).
Not sure about PW ruins.

I was able to solve the secret block puzzle Smile IQ Test came in handy for that one - nice one
Nice. Thank you for playing and finishing this room. Same room but a bit more complex variant is in the IQ-ROTE (final instalment of the IQ trilogy). Otherwise I first made this room on christmas 2015 and was know as the christmas puzzle, and it was later decided to be imported into Conker.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 7:35

So 4 keys needed... I swear I went in there with 4 keys, yet there is still a locked gate.  I'm tempted to take a photo of all the empty chests

I suppose I would have figured out the clocktower one on my own eventually Smile

Tower Ruins - I did use HS to fall in a hole differently... is there another one?  There is just one vertical doubleroom greyed out on the right side of the map.  It's in the middle so it's actually just a single room(?)

***EDIT*** Here are photos of all the chests I found in the Tardis areas (and the grey room in PT). Could someone please let me know which one I'm missing Smile It's driving me freakin' nuts!

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 15:16

Could someone please let me know which one I'm missing Smile It's driving me freakin' nuts!

There are 5 keys and 5 locks:
keys in rooms:130,131,145,145,194
use keys in room:162

key1
Are you stuck in the hack? - Page 2 Key110

key2
Are you stuck in the hack? - Page 2 Key210

key3+4
Are you stuck in the hack? - Page 2 Key3410

key5
Are you stuck in the hack? - Page 2 Key510

5 locks
Are you stuck in the hack? - Page 2 Use_ke10
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 15:45

Puzz, thank you so much.

I get the feeling I missed the 2nd chest in the platform hopping maze Confused Certainly has to be the one.

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 18:08

Yes, there are 2 keys in that platform room.
Funny part: I made the room and still sometimes just forget how to jump to get both of them.

I also posted this with pictures since it seemed to drive you nuts, as you have put it. Otherwise you can also end your doubts with a hex editor: and load up the treasure location. There you can see all treasures in all chests (this is how I found all rings - the ones in chests, outside of the chest is a different location).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Derolis Tue 7 Mar 2017 - 16:59

I'm at the area where Peach warps away a strategy guide. I'm not really sure what the puzzle here is, I can push around some blocks and push a switch that does... something? Really not sure what my goal here is.

Edit: Nevermind, I might be dumb. I figured out what I'm supposed to be doing, I think. Now to actually accomplish it... maybe.

Derolis
Bee
Bee

Since : 2017-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 7 Mar 2017 - 18:18

Derolis wrote:I'm at the area where Peach warps away a strategy guide. I'm not really sure what the puzzle here is, I can push around some blocks and push a switch that does... something? Really not sure what my goal here is.

Edit: Nevermind, I might be dumb. I figured out what I'm supposed to be doing, I think. Now to actually accomplish it... maybe.
I made this puzzle. That switch under the jar makes a chest and your goal is to get it. To get there you need to push the multipushable blocks and cut the small fences in the process. Fence is cut with the block if you push it towards the fence from the correct side.

Block types:
regular (pushable) block (can be pushed anywhere and undo water - note: you can not push any pushable block if standing in water - too slippery).
Water block: makes a trail of water - and thus makes it interesing to move somewhere since you need to constantly undo water with the regular block.
Brown trail block: this block makes a brown trail: you can walk over this trail but you can not push a block over brow trail.
Note: in Conker the brown trail was replaced with lowered spike objects!
Stone block (not used in Conker): makes a duplicate of the current block with every push and thus makes a "trail" of blocks.

Similar advanced block puzzles are used in the IQ hack series, this one was then also used in Conker.

Note: this is optional in Conker and thus a bit more complex to solve. It really presents a challenging problem to the player. We actually wanted to see how many people are capable of solving such "advanced" design. Irronically I also made a version of this room which is even more difficult (but only slightly).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Wed 8 Mar 2017 - 0:20

Not sure if it's part of the intended solution for that puzzle but
This is a spoiler:

I love your block puzzles btw Confused

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 8 Mar 2017 - 6:38

I was able to solve it by just pushing the water block one time.
Yes, that's because in the Conker block puzzle the 2 water blocks were used to block off passages and the correct solution is to just move them 1 time into the corner. Thus only the regular block and brown trail/lowered spike trail blocks are actually used the most.

I love your block puzzles btw
Very Happy
Ironically some hate them though (like Erock). So it highly depends on the player.

For instance one player on Twitch who tried the IQ test was failing severely at the game, either with warp maze, pit maze (which really is not that difficult just some hidden objects) and also at block puzzles. He also quit at the same place as Erock at the place which presented only a slightly more difficult block solving problem. That random Twitch person then even used cheats (walking across pits) - and was again failing at solving severely. The other comentator then concluded: that the hack is of a severely poor quality and that regarding if it is recomended to play, he said "Noooooo".

So yes, positive reviews definitely are welcome, but we as the rare people who can actually make game (modifications) are used to deal with both sides.

Since you never know how people will react on a sophisticated, quality problem/puzzle, which is difficult to solve. Some less intelectual players usually tend to rage-quit and curse the game with blatant comments/reviews, labeling it as a "bootleg".

It is only a handful of players who see the actual efforts, knowledge and intelect behind such a design (this is why IQ was released separately containing puzzles which we were never put into the regular game - and if we would, like in Conker, it is completely optional to solve).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Derolis Wed 8 Mar 2017 - 9:59

I love your puzzles man, I went through your area in the level 8 harp spot. The last spot had me stumped for a while, that second block you need to push down was evil, but I felt like a genius and an idiot at the same time when I found it. I've gotten all 20 rings and 18 heart pieces so far and have beaten the final boss, but I still need to go back and try and solve that crazy "good luck" block puzzle. I figured out what I needed to do, the block on the right side did a good job of showing me that blocks are capable of breaking fences before I knew that. Screw the BabyRage haters man, you did an excellent job with these puzzles. (Euclid's level can eat it though. Stupid invisible platforms.)

Derolis
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 8 Mar 2017 - 10:09

Yea, like said, we have to deal with pretty much every possible reaction. It's all part of the feedback. Also the puzzles in Skuj's Twitch might also not be viewed as fair by some, but you know, he is a speedrunner/expert, so it's not a problem for him.

With Conker I believe we mainly still decided for puzzles/design which should be acceptable in general, but SePH was clear he also wanted an exceptionally difficult optional puzzle, so I gave him one. Getting 20 rings really is what the game essentially needs. Do note: Dev's hideout (harp 8 location) is also somewhat additional/optional: specially the "super" Agahnim boss. So you can regard these levels like those Special area levels in Super Mario World.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Derolis Wed 8 Mar 2017 - 11:33

Skuj's wasn't too bad, just needed a few tries for that one. I've completed the Dev's hideout, and I've gotten the level 5 sword. All I need now is the rest of the heart pieces and that big ol' block puzzle. I got it down to a point where I just needed 1 more block to get to the chest, but I guess I screwed up one of the spike blocks at the beginning, so it's back to the drawing board.

Derolis
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 8 Mar 2017 - 12:12

so it's back to the drawing board.
Main orientation here is to think which 2 fences to cut with the 2 spike blocks. I made it so that the "upper" fences can then be cut with regular block or one spike block, so that the spike block and regular block can switch places on what to cut. In the difficult version, this is set strictly (not in Conker) which makes it even more complex. But ironically you can solve the Conker variant in 2 ways and one person on Twitch actually solved it the "difficult" way instead of the "intended" way (depends on what the spike blocks cut).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambureon Wed 8 Mar 2017 - 12:30

Hey, uh, first post here. This is kinda embarrassing, but I'm stuck on the first bloody dungeon.

Screenshots showing where I am linked here.

Can anyone help please? I am absolutely stumped. I've been stuck here for hours.

Ambureon
Newcomer

Since : 2017-03-08

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next