Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good - Page 7 Empty Re: Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good

Post by qwertymodo Sat 14 Oct 2017 - 23:49

Conn wrote:A while ago I also fixed map1
https://www.zeldix.net/t793-bs-zelda-map1-english-dub
And map2
https://www.zeldix.net/t794-bs-zelda-map2-english-dub

The audio was too silent in comparison to the sfx. If you redownload from these links they're fixed, but dunno whether they're updated in the first post of this thread already

I have not updated those in my repo, no. Use Conn's links for now.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good - Page 7 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good - Page 7 Empty Re: Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good

Post by smokemonster Sun 15 Oct 2017 - 2:23

Done, thanks Very Happy
smokemonster
smokemonster
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by darknior Tue 7 Nov 2017 - 17:14

WOAW it is really a great work, thanks a lot Smile

darknior
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

Since : 2017-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by xadox Mon 18 Dec 2017 - 8:29

Could someone give me a hint what PCM files are the already corrected ones for Super Mario World?

There are several version floting around here.
Long time ago it used the once by kiddo.
xadox
xadox
Bee
Bee

Since : 2017-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 18 Dec 2017 - 11:42

Oh I noticed that Kiddo's pack was missing on my google drive, it's there now:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13JrkGOBB2n2s4e1b78JZiaYXGlILwcDy

It's for native only, best is you use Kiddo's pack.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by xadox Mon 18 Dec 2017 - 11:50

Thx. Both packs are with corrected audio volume?
And Kiddo is only for the native MSU Version?
xadox
xadox
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 18 Dec 2017 - 13:14

Honestly, I don't remember, did so much stuff. The asm is set to the fixed value, ff, so I'd guess pcm are adjusted, too. If they are too loud, I'm sure you'll complain Wink . Just try it.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 23 Dec 2017 - 16:52

Ok I checked all files...
Kiddo's set is at 60 standard, means way too loud for our new FF adjusted hack.
The other set, smw_msu1_pcm.zip is correctly adjusted to FF however.

I just contacted Kiddo,  but am not sure whether he makes the work to adjust his set, so the "unelegant solution" for now is to provide 2 patches:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/smw_msu1_patch.zip
- smw_msu1_kiddo.ips, that adjusts the volume to 60, so Kiddo's set is playable again
- smw_msu1.ips is for the other set that adjusts the volume level to FF

Collines didn't update his plus patch yet (and I guess he won't). So it is way too loud as well if you play the sd2snes version. But this isn't much a problem, just stick to the snes9x/bsnes version, that sets the volume to 40 (so this patch isn't adjusted to FF).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by bogaa Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 21:48

There are loud sound packs in Super Castlevania IV.
The Bonus Stage, Stage A and the game over screen. MSU19 Secret and MSU15 A. Haven't looked up game over file. Had in mind to do it myself but I failed on the sound header thing donno.. I am just getting rid of to many project right now sry ^^ But I am always happy when people share good tutorials.

bogaa
Newcomer

Since : 2017-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 21:51

I think kurrono did those tracks... but he's quite busy atm Razz
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by xadox Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 5:16

Conn wrote:Ok I checked all files...
Kiddo's set is at 60 standard, means way too loud for our new FF adjusted hack.
The other set, smw_msu1_pcm.zip is correctly adjusted to FF however.

I just contacted Kiddo,  but am not sure whether he makes the work to adjust his set, so the "unelegant solution" for now is to provide 2 patches:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/smw_msu1_patch.zip
- smw_msu1_kiddo.ips, that adjusts the volume to 60, so Kiddo's set is playable again
- smw_msu1.ips is for the other set that adjusts the volume level to FF

Collines didn't update his plus patch yet (and I guess he won't). So it is way too loud as well if you play the sd2snes version. But this isn't much a problem, just stick to the snes9x/bsnes version, that sets the volume to 40 (so this patch isn't adjusted to FF).
Thx for checking this and providing a solution Yes
I am using the + Release. So this still is using the unpatched volume.
Have to comparise between them.
xadox
xadox
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 6:50

I have unfortunately no influence on other peoples' releases. But Colines patch does work with normal volume if you keep the 40 settings:
Subfolder Super Mario World_msu1.sfc and use smw_msu1.bps (volume:40) and NOT smw_msu1_sd2snes.bps(volume:FF).

Also the 40 should work on boosted sd2snes
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 9:41

Conn wrote:Colines didn't update his plus patch yet (and I guess he won't).

Yes, I will. =)

As a matter of fact, my new release will also include random Mario voices, so each time Mario wins/dies/whatever, he will say something different, making gameplays less boring during long sessions.

However, I'm not sure when this is going to be released, half my resources (sounds, scripts, minor tools) were lost and is going to take a while to get them fully replaced.

Colines patch does work with normal volume if you keep the 40 settings

You won't get SMW+ working if using anything else from out of my folder, after realizing my songs were broken, I made sure to let available only the $40 value to register $2006 patch.

The SD2SNES patch is long gone so people do not screw up their speakers.

I just contacted Kiddo,  but am not sure whether he makes the work to adjust his set

My normalized SMW tracks (the ones Conn linked) are just exactly the same as Kiddo's, that was made on purpose to save him the trouble, redoing them is unneeded!

___________________________________________________________________________________

For the record, here it is the Super Mario World MSU-1+ patch and all its resources:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtMUCmAL6x14hVmyYk0PYUmcguvk

Audio files aren't adjusted because I never had the time, still, only the $40 volume version is available, this should work fine on both emulators and SD2SNES device if using the resources found here.

The BML file is outdated too, it won't be working with latest higan releases for now.
Colines
Colines

Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good - Page 7 Image111

Since : 2015-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 15:52

Ah, great that you are still around and taking care of your stuff Smile

ok, thanks for clarification Very Happy
I now updated with the following changes:
---
native:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1436-super-mario-world-native
- deleted kiddo's patch again
- deleted all kiddo sets (60) and only left your corrected to (FF) on both clouds
I noticed that your set missed 2 tracks (e.e., 15-intokeyhole2 and another one, but these are not used if I remember correctly)
----
smw+
https://www.zeldix.net/t1437-super-mario-world-msu
To make it easier for the users to get through all your files, I
- separated the patch (without sd2snes.bps of course) and uploaded it on my server
- merged all pcm:s into one folder and uploaded it to my drive mirror
- added your link as source mirror

I hope this solution is ok for now... it's complicated.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 16:33

Conn wrote:I hope this solution is ok for now... it's complicated.

Yes... I'm really sorry about that, the thing with MSU-1(+) is my fault, I disappeared for a while (oh boy... dejavú) and things got broken and outdated as time passed by.

But I will look to fix this mess now. I just updated the page at Rom Hacking dot Net with the never released officially Overworld Songs version and also updated the manifest file to work with latest higan versions (higan v097 and up).

So... If you don't mind to edit the MSU plus page one more time, it should be like that:

Patch:
https://bin.smwcentral.net/u/26932/smw_msu1%252B.zip

Songs:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtMUCmAL6x14hVmyYk0PYUmcguvk

However, .XML mapping isn't supported anymore, it's a dead format that no longer serves any purpose at all, and since bsnes-plus doesn't require it, I choose to remove support for it.
http://www.emucr.com/search/label/bsnes-plus?&max-results=16

If using any bsnes v073 based emulator which still uses xml mapping for MSU-1 loading, it's advised to use either bsnes-plus or newer higan versions, as these versions lack many accuracy improvements and changes to the MSU-1 specification. (For instance, bsnes v70 fails to emulate an edge case that affects Super Mario World, if you pause, MSU-1 stops, when it shouldn't).
Colines
Colines

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 16:51

I edited but kept my files as mirrors, also I think it's rather sophisticated to gather your pcm:s out of 4-5 folders, so I wrote your drive as mirror and my drive with merged themes at first place. If you could make a better structure I happily edit it again Wink

I know why you chose the way it is, but people play your patch because of the additional sfx, otherwise they can use the native patch. So better merge them or make 2 different merged sets if you have to.

Last edited by Conn on Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 17:16; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 17:07

No problem ;D

You can kept it as is, that ordering of 3 PCM folders is mostly done for the sake of organization, so people can modify more easily the assets along with the instructions.

Kiddo -> Base Music Pack
OW Music -> Extended OW songs
SFX set -> Mario/Luigi voices

but people play your patch because of the additional sfx

Oh, yes, sure. But I don't want to limit users from modifying the contents included, that folder structure is only made that way so people can more easily see how the songs numbering works Wink

Indeed, It adds more steps to play the game, but we are talking about copy-paste steps, not a big deal if looking for the big picture Razz
Colines
Colines

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 17:45

I see and concur with your sight of giving more degrees of freedom. Let me think about something, I think I mark my drive as preselection and yours as free to modify... Or something when I'm back home.

Kiddo -> Base Music Pack
OW Music -> Extended OW songs
SFX set -> Mario/Luigi voices
What is alternative music in kiddos pack?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 17:56

That folder has a few songs I converted to replace the ones at Kiddo's, those are optional, of course.

I just made them because I thought they were pretty and fitted more with the overall song style, for instance, there are different renditions for the Title Screen and Forest Interlude music =^.^=

I think I mark my drive as preselection and yours as free to modify

I would call mine: For Development purposes, since it includes source code and a whole lot of documentation for modding the assets ;D

Sounds good Preselection for yours Very Happy or you can just say it's a music pack, people will see it's about a pre-built sound pack, like every other MSU-1 entry in the forum Smile
Colines
Colines

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 19:30

Yes... what will happen if I e.g., apply the bps and use only kiddo but not the sfx set?
I think Luigi will be mute then, right? So for this purpose you'd need to have the asm re-compiled with Luigi =false, if I am correct...
If this is the case, your suggestion with development is best.

So, your patch
is compiled with Luigi=true and OW=true (and sa1 false)?

Edit:
Is it correct this way and the listing ok with you (esp. I am not sure about the sentence "Note that you need to recompile the asm if you e.g. do not like Luigi speech or the OW music")?
https://www.zeldix.net/t1437-super-mario-world-msu#21210
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 1:40

what will happen if I e.g., apply the bps and use only kiddo but not the sfx set?
My patch resorts to SPC fallback and plays the regular track Wink

If using really ancient bsnes versions, yes, Luigi will be mute, though Mario will play his track normally, since the value assigned still exists on Kiddo's pack.

So for this purpose you'd need to have the asm re-compiled with Luigi =false, if I am correct...

Perfectly correct! ^^
The BPS patch comes with Luigi and OW statements enabled by default (SA-1 disabled), so you are once again correct.

Is it correct this way and the listing ok with you (esp. I am not sure about the sentence "Note that you need to recompile the asm if you e.g. do not like Luigi speech or the OW music")?

I would rephrase it to something like "If there is a wish to disable either the Mario/Luigi speech or the OW Music feature, please refer to the ASM file for such. Do note that for changes to take effect, you need to assembler the file right into the ROM image with Alcaro's asar".

But your phrasing is totally understandable as well. If you want to keep it simple for the masses, then don't bother with it Smile . The documentation included with the patch already covers this in details to anyone looking for more explanation =D

Overall, you made quite a nice job in the MSU+ description page, very well done Conn!!!
Colines
Colines

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 7:09

Nice Very Happy I think now it is much easier for people to use your patch. I edited with your phrase as well.
Topic closed I'd say until you make more effort on that game (FF standard, with more sfx as you mentioned above)... one day ^^

just one small oddity left, the OW music replaces track 31 from Kiddo's set, while the others won't replace anything... just made me wonder if this is an alternative music track rather than extended ow.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 11:20

just one small oddity left, the OW music replaces track 31 from Kiddo's set, while the others won't replace anything... just made me wonder if this is an alternative music track rather than extended ow.

The source audio files Kiddo used has the following Overworld song covers (made by XOG):

-Yoshi's Island
-Donut Plains
-Vanilla Dome
-Cheese Bridge Area
-Soda Lake
-Mountain Cookie
-Forest Of Illusion
-Chocolate Island
-Bowser's Valley
-Starworld
-Special World

The main overworld is only capable of playing one single song, yet there are 5 possibilities available, you can see the idea of adding multiple overworld songs pretty much came out of the desire to play these covers to their intended areas.

The fact there is one track that replaces one in the Kiddo's pack is because he choose to use the Chocolate Island theme as his only main overworld song, whereas mine is Donut Plains for better consistency. Smile

You can see in the native patch, index 31 is referring to the original Overworld main theme (Wandering the Plains) ;D

In other news, version 1.5 approved at RHDN =D
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2472/
Colines
Colines

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 13:03

I see. In my preselection, it is 31 from ow folder, I think this is right then Very Happy

And the patch link to download is already 1.5, right?

It's just a bit complicated, so I need to ensure everything, sorry Smile
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 13:24

heh, no worries Laughing

If not overwritting track 31, both Donut Plains and Chocolate Island areas will just play the same song Wink

And the patch link to download is already 1.5, right?

Yes, the Readme.txt inside it will confirm that Smile
Colines
Colines

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next