I found some ROMs

Zeldix :: General :: News

Go down

I found some ROMs Empty I found some ROMs

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 17 Dec 2016 - 22:12

I found ROMs for A Link to the Future I, II and III so I made patches and added a link on the project page.

The Legend of Zelda - A link to the Future

Interestingly enough the same archive had a ROM file named "Link - Parallel Universes v0.00001 by Seph (Zelda Hack)".
Very Happy

I'm still sorting through this stuff so I may have more stuff to add later.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

I found some ROMs Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

I found some ROMs Empty Re: I found some ROMs

Post by Puzzledude Sun 18 Dec 2016 - 6:54

Yes, I know these Roms. They are demos/rookie edits and with a lot of bugs and crashes.

Link to the Future III is a rookie copy/paste of Shards of Might/Goddess of Wisdom and you will not be able to finish the game obviously, since it has heavy bugs.

Link to the Future II shows radical mistakes in the overworld drawing/editing, which makes one wonder how someone can release such a thing and only makes SePH look even more like a genius with his PW overworld with no drawing mistakes and new gfx. Unfortunately not everyone is SePH.

Link to the Future I is more or less a copy of ALTTP, similar to master quests.

I don't want to sound negative, but these 3 Roms are a fine example how not to hack. Yet if you don't know them, give it a look.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 18 Dec 2016 - 16:20

Be that as it may, seeing these hacks and the others I found reminded me that even people who aren't doing something well can still have good ideas that inspire.

That Legend of Iced Hyrule hack reminded me how simply changing the instrument sounds in a song can give it a different vibe and allow you to see the song in a different light.

The poor design of another broken one called the "Ultimate Quest" reminded me that rooms can be designed to "break the rules" of the original design scheme in a way that allows for fresh and original puzzle ideas. That's a concept that you yourself have made great use of in your Puzzledude's Quest hack with the way you cleverly hid things between BG layers.

For that reason, I think these buggy, unfinished, 2-bit hacks should be preserved. For all their flaws they can still contain something that can inspire works greater than themselves.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 18 Dec 2016 - 18:04

I actually remember being around when this guy was making his hacks, the link to the future hacks and I played them years ago. They were indeed sub-par.

The hacks should be thrown into the fire to burn.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

I found some ROMs Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 18 Dec 2016 - 18:42

Erockbrox wrote:I actually remember being around when this guy was making his hacks, the link to the future hacks and I played them years ago. They were indeed sub-par.

The hacks should be thrown into the fire to burn.

LOL

I'm just providing files. If we want to erase these hacks from history then we shouldn't even have them mentioned on the site, let alone having a dedicated thread with screenshots. Listing a hack and showing screenshots without providing files when available is just like teasing people.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by kgp4death Fri 26 Nov 2021 - 9:13

Oh yeah I remember those too....lol

kgp4death

Since : 2015-05-04

Back to top Go down