The Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds - Page 3 Empty The Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds

Patch download v1.23:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/t6YiCI7D#pWYBTt1a4jwqSrt1QLzrhgzd871OxMrwty1ViG89mMU

Patch v1.23 (MSU-1 version):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/pvIATCiB#Z6eGtLICyFd-gB48ZInzjuxSakZf8xv9I6YUy9hmTfg

v1.1 (previous):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/gnYg3aDa#KsjdewuOcwZ3tdh7vKWy2_I05RNNyy7XqKOqmz-WTOk

The patches need to be applied on ALTTP (US), no header. You need a UPS patcher.

CRC32 of the original file: 777AAC2F
original file name: Legend of Zelda, The: A Link to the Past [U][!].smc (1.024 KB)

We all know this game and its renewal on the 10th anniversary. Unfortunately some new bugs made it into the version 1.2 and were not fixed since released on 31st of december last year.

Do note, there are still some problems remaining since I simply did not have the ambition to fix those and retest the game again on both quests (way too much testing as it is). However main problems were fixed.

-----------------------------------------------

MSU files generator by ABOhiccups

MSU1 PCM Sets
https://www.zeldix.net/t791-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past

MSU1 PCM Rename Generator
https://github.com/ABOhiccups/MSU1-PCM-Rename-Generator/releases/tag/zpw

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed problems
--------------
(a full list with hex changes/locations is in the actual zip as a txt file):
-fixed main Darunia door problems (6 doors in total)
-false abmient music in Master Sword area fix
-Master Sword ASM reverting, since this was causing an overlay bug in the ice-world lake area; this ASM is not needed since when getting the Master sword there is no reason to return to ice world at all (to see the snow-storm gone)
-reverting false tiles used to block the ice church area (which resulted in false tiles at the Parallel Tower areas)
-closing the church area in another way
-fixed drawing in the ice curch area
-reverting breached shutter doors in Darunia, which are not working (since 4 special doors is max for one room; special door being shutter, key or bombable etc door)

-fixing of all door-code for the entire Darunia dungeon! (there were multiple mistakes on the door code itself, as well as: you could get trapped in if going back in multiple rooms). So basically that "Darunia fix" IPS file was also still wrong/bugged. Darunia doors really were a mess (code wise and paradox wise).
-monologue edit: bed message from 1.20 to 1.23
-be able to collect Byrna in light and dark world (with the alt-treasure chests)

-fixed the infinite diggable tile!
-fixed the day/night patch to be less dark, since when full dark+rain/snow overlay result in way too dark
-fix on the further problem on the
pw_stair_entrance_fix.asm (Basically what's happening here is, that rooms above 292 were no longer an exception, when they should be)
-fixed on top problem for the wall in area 32 above the fairy hole/entrance
-fixed Link's Y coordinate on some entrances when he walks in
-internal header name fix
-further checksum fix

-beta testing on both quests done!

Remaining problems:
-------------------
-light world area 32 (beach). Far left up there is a palm tree, walk around it left up and you can get permastuck sometimes
-light world area 35 (forest), far right-down - those 2 holes can be jumped vertically down with a bomb jump, landing in water and swimming off screen down or right
-Helmasaur should be in a small room (Farore's dungeon), since not allowed to be in a big room (false gfx display when he goes of screen)

-Rauru's Ruins:
-room 56, when you hookshot up and stand a little to right of the optimal vertical, you can walk right and then jump left and falsly into bg2 (braks the game, as you are "under" all dungeons)
-room 54, one key door is false again (door code again false - beyond 4 door limit, ie special door limit breach - again).
-room 52, picking up the second jar will spawn the key on the left jar instead of the jar you picked up (also in PW original)
-1 key too much in the dungeon (2 actually now that one key-door is not working
; but still the dungeon can be solved

-Hyrule castle area, left entrance: again Link enters on 448 instead of 472 Y coordinate (but got tired of fixing those)
-Vitrous boss slime problem+ palette problem (jellow colour until he fires a lightning)

-ice world village, far right-down bushes should not be on screen transit, if you travel up, you land in bushes
-Saria's gardens, first key door in again glitched - you walk through locked door due to key-door limit breach
-Saria's gardens - 1 key too much in the dungeon

-Ruto's fortress: end rooms: 2 doors with a big key: if you unlock one you can come around and then travel down and falsly through the locked door from above
-Ruto's fortress: boss does not have shutter door
-Sheik: blowing up a door which leads to big key will make no hole on the other side (again false door code: ie special doors limit breach - since only 4 are special doors are allowed per room)

-Parallel Tower: where you light the torch to see floor: this floor has a half unit of pit between floor and right fence: this is not allowed: result is permastuck if you touch this pit. It should be no pit, or 2 units of pit (to fall down)
-end credits don't have the version update
-Second quest: 2 final rooms are glitched looking (specially on snes9x and real hardware, due to having too much objects in the room)

-Major scroll bug: when traveling from area 28 (witch) to 21 (Luppo quary) in light and dark world: reason: area transit to close to upper area corner: basically such transits should be as far away as possible from the middle point: solution is: close "upper" transit section (ie between a wall and the ridge) and aloow on the bottom one= between ridge and bottom ledge. Note: this bug is in the original PW as well, since it is a result of overworld editing.

But this bug does not trigger so lightly, that's why it was missed. To make it: go far down in Lupo Quarry, then far up: now when traveling down, go to left area in the most upper horizontal and then back to Lupo (false scroll will make a massive gfx bug, since it will now load parts of dark world on false gfx and pals)

-certain jumps down from ledges will land Link on bushed or even in a wall in Lupo Quarry
-Wallmaster grabs you in the dark room and put you to entrance= now it is all dark (game will not allow dark room as starting room, if this is where you land from a walmaster "pick-up").

But still I don't think this is worth fixing, since most dungeons need a overhaul anyway to be on par with ALTTP. And the game can be solved despite all these remaining things. Basically they are either not directly messing with the gameplay, or are difficult to reproduce (unless you do them deliberately).
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

The Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds :: Comments

Post Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 4:39 by Wolfcat

I don't know if I can answer you, but I haven't played this game in a while.

This is where you are at:
https://youtu.be/RZabf8-w9sw?t=15185

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 6:33 by Puzzledude

zeldaplayer121 wrote:how do i open the locked door in the room where the armos knights transititon down into the room where u  kill them then you get the big key because the door never opens! what do i do??? Confused
You have the wrong version. You have Qwerty's 1.2 version, the non-debugged one. You need to get either the 1.21 (ie with debugged Darunia) or 1.23, which is even more fledged and debugged, since the 1.2 brought in a lot of new bugs, which were not there in 1.1, such as bugged overlay in ice world ruins, a lot of bugs with doors in Darunia dungeon etc.

Back to top Go down

Letterbomb

Post Sun 1 Mar 2020 - 11:58 by Letterbomb

I have a question, could you theoretically beat Impa's Ways in the second quest with the use of hovering? Even though there are some places you have to hookshot to, they all can be hovered to if you are good at hovering.

Back to top Go down

ABOhiccups

Post Sat 7 Mar 2020 - 18:39 by ABOhiccups

I created MSU1 PCM Rename Generator for The Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds. Just to save everyone's time from renaming all PCM Files.

MSU1 PCM Sets
https://www.zeldix.net/t791-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past

MSU1 PCM Rename Generator
https://github.com/ABOhiccups/MSU1-PCM-Rename-Generator/releases/tag/zpw

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 8 Mar 2020 - 4:27 by Conn

Thanks, I included it into first post

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 19 Mar 2020 - 1:34 by Mariotag

Having trouble finding the patch for the Darunia dungeon fix.
Is there a link that works?

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Thu 19 Mar 2020 - 2:08 by Retroplay

I assume you mean v1.23 ?
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/197/

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 19 Mar 2020 - 2:18 by Mariotag

Was thinking of V1.21. Kinda used 1.23 to try and patch the game and everything went down in flames.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Thu 19 Mar 2020 - 2:35 by Retroplay

How so ? I didn't have any problems with v1.23 ips patch.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 19 Mar 2020 - 2:53 by Mariotag

Glitched misplaced text, and a friend had his game crash from exiting a cave.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Mar 2020 - 0:04 by Wolfcat

OK, I went here:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/197/

downloaded the patch there for Zelda3 Parallel Worlds v1.23, patched it to U! no header. At that link it says NA which I didn't know what NA meant, so I looked it up and it means North America, so I assume that it patches to U! no header as that was what it was before, plus I don't know if the ROM I use to patch from is version 1.0, but what ever. I also assume that U means US which I guess is NA which seems to be an abbreviation for North America.

It seems to be working in every way as far as I can tell. I got to the church through the Guard House and under ground tunnels.

Also, maybe it matters, maybe it doesn't matter, but I used ZSNES.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 1 Apr 2020 - 18:37 by Mariotag

I figured out what messed it up. Turns out I didn't patch it onto a clean ROM. So, it's fixed not.

Back to top Go down

RedScorpion

Post Thu 2 Apr 2020 - 16:19 by RedScorpion

Hey;) That was unfair Wink

Back to top Go down

qwertymodo

Post Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 12:12 by qwertymodo

Wow... Puzz, that was really uncalled for. Frankly, if it was anybody else, that would almost be a bannable response in and of itself. Maybe if you didn't want to deal with debugging incorrect patching you should have released a .bps patch instead of .ips and you would have saved everybody the headache, yourself included.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 12:27 by Conn

I would like to remind everybody that, even if we type our words on a screen, that on the other end is always a person with emotions. So personally insulting and mobbing other users is no direction I want to see this forum go.

In a way I can retrace being annoyed, I have frequently PM:s where I feel like a personal hotline, though the steps are clearly written in the readme. Then I remind myself that I do it for years, and it is e.g., clear what a header is but other people do this their first time and need to learn that. So I try to recall that and being patient. Also, I did tons of really, really stupid mistakes when coding in asm, and others may have also with all rights called me a loser Very Happy

@Mariotag: Please accept my apology, this is not the way we usually respond to other user's problems, clearly also not if it turns out as a false bug report.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 17:07 by Puzzledude

qwertymodo wrote:Wow... Puzz, that was really uncalled for.  Frankly, if it was anybody else, that would almost be a bannable response in and of itself.  Maybe if you didn't want to deal with debugging incorrect patching you should have released a .bps patch instead of .ips and you would have saved everybody the headache, yourself included.
Do you know how much work I've put into beta testing and debugging the PW 1.23, just for someone to then call it bugged.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Sat 4 Apr 2020 - 15:02; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

qwertymodo

Post Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 17:37 by qwertymodo

I am keenly aware of how much work goes into this stuff. Don't forget I made PW 1.20, not to mention all of the work I've done on the Z3 randomizer, and tons of other similar projects over the last several years. And yeah, 1.20 had some bugs due to my rushed release schedule, and I appreciate the work you put in to fix them, but seriously, there's no need to take this so personally or to act like that.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 18:30 by Conn

Can we take breath for a moment?
I figured out what messed it up. Turns out I didn't patch it onto a clean ROM. So, it's fixed not.
The "not" was just a typo, he surely meant it is fixed "now". I made patches for maybe 100 msu games, there is hardly a patch without a bug report. Most were valid, but some were also just reported due to human error. Header, multiple patches (mixed old version with new instead taking a clean rom)... shit happens. All time.
I do not see a troll like behaviour in his reports. Some people here simply do not speak English as their mother tongue, so some reports sound harsher than intented or simply misplaced.

In the end I think this was a simple misunderstanding, but directly saying to somebody "you are an idiot" is something indeed never happened in this forum Sad
This has nothing to do being on whichever side, it has something to do with respectful treatment in first place.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 20:31 by wizzrobemaster

look, i can respect the asm's that were made and though they have issues, the hackers do tend to do their best to fix them. all i can say is how grateful i am that these patches exist and that there is a hacking community for z3. puzz, conn, seph, qwerty, you all deserve a lot of respect for the effort you put into these hacks or even going out of your way to find a simple hex address.i can understand how it is frustrating nd it is one thing to lash out if someone is being rude to you in a very nasty way, but no one should receive an insult in such a rude way when all they ask is for a simple request or question. i am not pointing out fingers here, but no one deserves that treatment.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 21:47 by Mariotag

Yeah, it was a typo.
Sorry if I was particularly insensitive.

Parallel Worlds is my fave ALttP hack of the ones I've played so far, so definitely respect.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 4 Apr 2020 - 7:50 by Conn

In all this drama, I'd also make a note that bug reports are indeed sometimes annoying, I had complained here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t2070-final-fantasy-v
Thanks, and sorry if my complain sounded too harsh, but I was bug fixing all times in the last two weeks. If I do not get a clear description but rather something like "look, bug!" it is getting really hard for me. It's been stressful the last weeks, believe me on that Wink

Some quotes how bugs shouldl not be reported:
Are you still able to fix the lines issue in MSU1 Patch. I think one of code changed was interfering Super FX 2 Chip.
Lines... ok?

almost complete thread... at a point I lost patience Sad

There's this problem on Snes9x and there's this same problem on bsnes. Here's the (savestate) link.
Err...?

One of the good examples (pm):
Hi Conn,

I'm currently playing through A Link to the Past with your MSU-1 patch on my new SD2SNES Pro, but I have encountered a bug with the latest patch version that I'm hoping you can help with.

It seems that when collecting the crystals in the dark world, the game doesn't wait for the fanfare to finish before the maiden appears in the crystal. Because of this, the game loops the fanfare track (track 19) over and over instead of playing the Zelda's Lullaby/Maiden Crystal track (track 26.)

I'm using the 'full' patch from the latest version from these forums, with a non-headered USA copy of the ROM from the No-Intro set.

I found another post on the subject, https://www.zeldix.net/t1681-zelda-3-j-msu1-glitch, and it looks like you had fixed this in the 'old' patch version (the one with the video), but the latest version has the bug again. Any chance you can re-apply the fix to the latest patch version (if you still have the asm code?)

Also, I have some improvements to the Zelda re-orchestrated PCM files that I made if you're interested.
You see here that there's an exact description what is happening and where I need to play to reproduce the bug, along with patch version and all needed stuff to test Very Happy
Best is of course if I get a savestate or video, but then please with description and what I need to do to see what is happening or a timestamp or whatever.

So my advice to all: We game modifiers/developers are also human only and, if you find a bug, please describe it in a polite way as close as possible. We always need to play to the place where the bugs occur, try to reproduce and manage(or not) to fix it.

There are also indeed trolls, where I was close to get an outburst like Puzz did. Take this comment for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3HHTJnynk0

phycoanto reborn a month ago wrote:
This video isnt bad, you are conn, 1, you never said what this rom hack is call, its not zelda 3 coz nothing comes up and 2 you wont put a link to the romhack, just your stupid comunity website
I then tried to politely advice him that people who can read clearly have an advantage in life Very Happy
I am in depth sorry for (1) insulting you with my un-creative name choosing - you need Hyrule Magic to place the items or use the srm, and (2) with your most certainly somewhere existing brain powers I am sure you find the link to the patch link either in the video description or on the community website

So yes, there are nasty haters/trolls out there with annoying messages, so in a way I can retrace PD reaction though it was in this particular case of course inappropriate.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 4 Apr 2020 - 14:21 by wizzrobemaster

we all have those moments. i mean while it was no means appropriate to hurl insults like that, i can see the frustration any hacker is going through especially when it was not easy to make. also conn, it is impressive how you were able to create items like this.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 10:59 by VVV18

Hello everyone...

SD2SNES / FXPAK PRO users,
for this game to work on your device,
two options must be enabled:
(in-game hook & in-game buttons)
the other options do not seem to affect him;
now the "brightness limit" option
beware of it because it prevents many games from working!

Back to top Go down

RedScorpion

Post Tue 28 Jul 2020 - 15:06 by RedScorpion

hi team,

as you know we have also a german version of PW and PR. I saw, that puzzledude release the version 1.23 with some fixes and so on. I got some requests for a german 1.23 version. Before i start to translate the latest rom, i would like to know, is there a single asm/ips patch which only change the rooms and so on and dont touch the other areas like dialogs and so on?!

Thanks

red

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Tue 28 Jul 2020 - 20:32 by Puzzledude

I made all changes via hex. But the changes were from version: v1.2 to v1.23. So no idea what version you are using. Note: there were a lot of changes from v1.1 to v1.2. If your german version is 1.2 then you can easily implement all the changes and debugs which 1.2 brought in, into your rom, since I made a list while changing.

english 1.2 to 1.23 changes in hex:
Code:
PARALLEL WORLDS
Updates from 1.2 to 1.23

1.) Darunia fix
in room 211 the southern door does not open:

1298B6:
20 18 83 12 60 38 62 36 80 18 82 18 22 00 -->
60 38 80 18 22 00 62 36 82 18 20 18 83 12

2.) Darunia room 209
you can trap yourself with no escape

129793:
82 18 -->
82 00

129799:
62 18 -->
62 00

3.) Darunia room 193

128CBB:
60 18 -->
60 00

4.) Darunia room 178

1280B2:
60 36 -->
60 00

5.) Darunia room 144
boss room needs to be closed
(I believe this is already done in 1.2)

119332:
61 00 -->
61 18

6.) Darunia room 162

11A140:
60 18 -->
60 00

--------------------------------------------------------

7.) In the overworld area 80 (Pyramid where the Master sword is) a false rain/water music is playing in the background
this music needs to be put to NOP

10C05F:
12 -->

this is end of the 1st music table, the same value (ie 52) is on the second table, since the rain/water is correctly turned off when you pull the sword

8.) Reverting the ASM for the Master Sword

Pulling the Master Sword will turn off all snow overlays in the dark world, but this will make an overlay bug in the ice-world-lake area, where you open the dungeon entrance with the Ether medallion.

The Ether also interferes with the overlay code before the Master sword, and thus this makes bugs in this area only: after you open the dungeon and enter it and go out - the overlay is displayed but the snow is not moving (it should be either turned off completely or turned on completely).

8A.)
012FA3,
block is 6C long:
A2 95 00 C9 03 00 F0 60 C9 05 00 F0 5B C9 07 00 F0 56 A2 9D 00 C9 43 00 F0 4E C9 45 00 F0 49 C9 47 00 F0 44 A2 9D 00 C9 35 00 F0 3C C9 37 00 F0 37 C9 3F 00 F0 32 C9 70 00 D0 0B AF F0 F2 7E 29 20 00 D0 21 80 0F A2 96 00 AF C5 F3 7E 29 FF 00 C9 02 00 B0 05 A2 9F 00 80 0E A5 8A 29 40 00 F0 07 80 F2 EA EA A2 96 00 22 D0 FA 07

8B.)
block is 0B long
8E 2E 01 A9 32 85 9A 22 53 FC 07

8C.)
17FD2,
block is 1D long
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

8D.)
07762C,
block is 07 long
AF C3 F2 7E 29 20 D0

9.) This is how you Invert (apply) the Master sword ASM (in case anyone wants to insert it after they have already removed it)

9A.)
012FA3,
block is 6C long:
A2 95 00 C9 03 00 F0 5F C9 05 00 F0 5A C9 07 00 F0 55 A2 96 00 AF 59 F3 7E 29 FF 00 C9 04 00 F0 46 A5 8A 29 FF 00 A2 9D 00 C9 43 00 F0 39 C9 45 00 F0 34 C9 47 00 F0 2F A2 9D 00 C9 35 00 F0 27 C9 37 00 F0 22 C9 3F 00 F0 1D A2 96 00 AF C5 F3 7E 29 FF 00 C9 02 00 B0 05 A2 9F 00 80 09 A5 8A 29 40 00 F0 02 80 F2 22 D0 FA 87 EA

9B.)
block is 0B long
20 D2 FF A9 32 85 9A 20 DE FF EA

9C.)
17FD2,
block is 1D long
AF 59 F3 7E C9 04 F0 03 8E 2E 01 60 AF 59 F3 7E C9 04 D0 04 A9 00 85 9A 22 53 FC 87 60

9D.)
07762C,
block is 07 long
AF 59 F3 7E C9 04 F0

10.) Reverting the false Tiles at overworld cloud areas and Parallel Tower area and the ice-church area

checked global hex banks:
all 8x8 to 16x16 definitions are
78000 (block is 7540)= all definitions
= 00 bytes have changed

checked global hex banks:
all 16x16 to 32x32 definitions are
18000 (3400)= left up definitions
1B400 (3400)= right up definitions
20000 (3400)= left down definitions
23400 (3400)= right down definition
=25 bytes have changed
-----

tiles used for new drawing: 589, 585, 2898, 5821
tiles used for old drawing: 588, 716, 2894, 5806

changed tiles are:
589, 585, 2898, 5821, and 590 for some reason, while 590 was not used for new drawing in area 67

CHANGES
Reverting changed tiles:

a.) tile 589,
18373: 5E --> 12
1B773: 5E --> 12
20373: 05 --> 12
23773: 05 --> 16

b.) tile 585,
1836D: 5E --> D2
1B76D: 5F --> D0
2036D: 05 --> D0
2376D: 05 --> CF

c.) tile 590,
18374: 1C --> 16

d.) tile 2898,
190FA: 60 --> CB
190FD: 10 --> 30
1C4FA: 34 --> F6
1C4FD: 00 --> 30
210FA: 67 --> CB
210FD: 10 --> 30
244FA: 60 --> EA
244FD: 10 --> 30

e.) tile 5821,
1A21B: 58 --> 27
1A21E: 11 --> 1B
1D61B: 67 --> 2E
1D61E: 11 --> 1B
2221B: 5B --> 27
2221E: 11 --> 1B
2561B: 6A --> 2E
2561E: 11 --> 1B

indeed these are 25 bytes, which have changed,
so this matches to global hex-string scan

11.) Reverting drawing in area 67

from new: 589, 589, 589, 589,, 585, 2898,, 5821

to old: 588, 588, 588, 588,, 716, 2894,, 5806

CHANGES:

a.) Four 589 elements into four 588 elements
6277A: 4D --> 4C

b.) Element 585 to element 716
6277C: 49 --> CC

c.) Element 2898 to element 2894
6277D: 52 --> 4E

d.) Element 5821 to element 5806
6278E: BD --> AE

12.) Solving the bug:
You can falsly walk out of picture in PW ice world church area

This will close the false exit left and right
(in both cases you can walk off screen)
by manipulating 16x16 tiles (which are used only on this GFX number, so they are not used in other areas)

32x32 tiles affected are:
2187, 2188, 1884, 1886

1ST VARIANT (ALL OBJECTS FACED ONE WAY)

a.) 18B0C: 06 --> 73
    18B0F: 60 --> 30

b.) 18CCF: 06 --> 73
    18CD1: 36 --> 33

c.) 1BF0A: 06 --> 73
    1BF0E: 60 --> 30

d.) 1C0D2: 06 --> 73
    1C0D6: 61 --> 31

e.) 20B0C: 07 --> 73
    20B0F: 61 --> 31

f.) 20CCF: 07 --> 73
    20CD1: 06 --> 03

g.) 23F0A: 07 --> 73
    23F0E: 60 --> 30

h.) 240D2: 07 --> 73
    240D6: 61 --> 31

2ND VARIANT (OBJECTS FACED LEFT AND RIGHT IN PATTERN)

a.) 18B0C: 06 --> 73
    18B0F: 60 --> 30

b.) 18CCF: 06 --> 73
    18CD1: 36 --> 33

c.) 1BF0A: 06 --> C1
    1BF0E: 60 --> 30

d.) 1C0D2: 06 --> C1
    1C0D6: 61 --> 31

e.) 20B0C: 07 --> C1
    20B0F: 61 --> 31

f.) 20CCF: 07 --> C1
    20CD1: 06 --> 03

g.) 23F0A: 07 --> 73
    23F0E: 60 --> 30

h.) 240D2: 07 --> 73
    240D6: 61 --> 31

13.) Adopting the drawing:
changing overworld drawing of 32x32 tiles to make it look better after the edit:

a.) AREA 27
Changing drawing: 2188 + 2187, to 2135 + 2135
5C030:
01 CC 4E 43 8B 8C E0 35 --> E0 3B CC 4E 8B 57 57 8C

b.) AREA 67
Changing drawing: 2188 + 2187, to 2135 + 2135
6277B:
01 49 52 43 8B 8C 05 --> 0B 49 52 8B 57 57 8C

c.) AREA 25
Changing drawing: 2187 to 2114
622BC:
8B --> 42

d.) NOP-ing the anti-sword shooter in area 27,
since now it is shooting from empty space, since now there is
no statue

4CF21:
C6 --> 1D

Sprite 1D= useless sprite
this sprite does nothing and it is there for the purpose to be able to later insert sprite without shifting the hex-string

14.) Another bug reported on Zeldix in Darunia's dungeon

When you are in room 178 in the right up quadrant, and move the block, the south door does not open (when it should, and it did open on version 1.0 and 1.1)

This bug can not be seen in Hyrule Magic

Main problem: too much shutter doors:
PW 1.1 had another problem, which was solved, but like said too many doors, need to revert 2 shutters to 2 regular door, so 4 shutter door remain and then move those 4 to most left position in the hex string (all type 12)

Local problem: the upper door was not opening because it was only the 6th in hex string (only first 4 are ok with special doors).

the code for the doors in 178 is here:
1280AC, (block is 10):

the correct final code is (makes only 4 shutters and all doors are in the correct order too):
1280AC, write new code:
80 18 61 18 22 18 02 18 82 00 60 00 81 00 20 00

Study:
80 18, this is the door which was reported (shutter door)
61 18, shutter door
22 18, shutter door
02 18, shutter door

here's where shutter doors must end (limit reached= 4 doors)

82 00, regular door (type 0) works always
60 00, regular door (type 0) works always
81 00, regular door (type 0) works always
20 00, regular door (type 0) works always

In PW 1.1 the door 80 18 was at position 2 (which is ok), in PW 1.2 it was on position 6 (not ok)

-----------------------------

15.) Study of same code in PW 1.1 and 1.2

82 18, ok shutter
80 18, ok shutter (this door in question was working here)
61 18, ok shutter
81 00, not ok, should be lower (regular door)
60 36, not ok, limit breach for shutters (can be solved)
22 18, not ok, limit breach for shutters (can not be solved)
02 18, not ok, limit breach for shutters (can not be solved)
20 00, ok regular door

61 18, ok shutter
22 18, ok shutter
02 18, ok shutter
60 36, ok shutter
82 18, not ok, limit breach for shutters
80 18, not ok, limit breach for shutters (reported door)
81 00, ok regular door
20 00, ok regular door

80 18, ok shutter (reported door now working)
61 18, ok shutter
22 18, ok shutter
02 18, ok shutter
82 00, reverted from shutter to regular door (without paradoxes)
60 00, reverted from shutter to regular door (without paradoxes)
81 00, ok regular door
20 00, ok regular door

Note: If a breached shutter door is on the edge of the room, it will still work, but it will give false visual when walking in the room from another room: see transit from 178 to 194. Room 194 has 8 shutter doors, and thus when you walk into this room, you walk !through! the shutter doors (visual problem), but the doors still works though. 4 of the 8 should be displaying correctly (the first 4 in the hex code).

16.) Reverting some breached-shutter-doors in Darunia

room 194 has 8 shutters, 4 of which are ok, the other 4 make you walk through the shutter when comming into the room

Study is this: all horizontal doors are ok, all vertical false (achieved through in-game testing)

Room 194 reverting vertical doors to regular doors:
no game paradoxes if we do this:

128D40:
63 18 22 18 02 18 83 18 20 18 61 18 00 18 81 18 -->
63 18 22 18 02 18 83 18 20 00 61 00 00 00 81 00

17.) Reverting all Darunia rooms to 4 shutters at max
and in the correct order, so that the shutter doors
are always in the first 4 positions (since they only
work if they are there)

all Darunia rooms are (in Hyrule Magic's grid):

144, 145, 146, 147
160, 161, 162, 163
     177, 178, 179
     193, 194, 195
     209, 210, 211, 212

DOOR CODES; from old to final code:

ROOM 144 (door code is ok)
119332:
61 18 -->
61 18

ROOM 145 (door code is ok)
119422:
60 38 80 38 82 38 81 18 61 00 83 00 -->
60 38 80 38 82 38 81 18 61 00 83 00

ROOM 146 (reverting door type-27 to type-00)
119498:
62 18 61 18 80 36 82 18 83 36 22 00 60 00 63 00 -->
62 18 61 18 80 36 82 18 83 00 22 00 60 00 63 00

ROOM 147 (changing door type-27 to type-12)
119566:
82 36 80 36 60 38 22 36 02 00 81 00 -->
82 36 80 36 60 38 22 18 02 00 81 00
combo with room 146 is now: 00-12, before it was 27-27

ROOM 160 (door code is ok)
11A005:
00 1E 80 00 60 1C -->
00 1E 80 00 60 1C

ROOM 161 (putting door type-00 from position 2 to 4)
11A0C6:
82 18 62 00 00 18 63 18 61 00 80 00 20 00 60 00 -->
82 18 00 18 63 18 62 00 61 00 80 00 20 00 60 00
old code was ok, but now it is even better, since all type 0 doors should be last in the string,
so before it was: s,r,s,s---r,r,r,r
now it is:        s,s,s,r---r,r,r,r
while --- is the limit for shutters
(s= shutter, r= regular door)

ROOM 162 (reverting one shutter, since you can trap yourself)
see section 6.) + moving type 00 more right
11A140:
60 18 00 18 63 18 81 00 80 00 82 00 02 00 -->
60 00 00 18 63 18 81 00 80 00 82 00 02 00 -->
00 18 63 18 60 00 81 00 80 00 82 00 02 00
doors were: s,s,s,r---r,r,r
then were:  r,s,s,r---r,r,r
now are:    s,s,r,r---r,r,r

ROOM 163 (door code is ok)
11A1C1:
80 18 60 18 82 38 62 18 20 00 02 00 81 00 61 00 -->
80 18 60 18 82 38 62 18 20 00 02 00 81 00 61 00

ROOM 177 (door code is ok)
12803E:
82 18 62 18 60 18 61 00 83 00 63 00 80 00 00 00 -->
82 18 62 18 60 18 61 00 83 00 63 00 80 00 00 00

ROOM 178 (see section 14.) and 15.))
reverting one shutter because of trapped in, reverting another shutter since too many shutters in one room, and reorganizing room for shutters to be most left and type 00 doors to be most right. 4 shutters on the left side allowed.
1280AC:
61 18 22 18 02 18 60 36 82 18 80 18 81 00 20 00 -->
80 18 61 18 22 18 02 18 82 00 60 00 81 00 20 00

ROOM 179 (door code is ok)
128108:
80 18 60 18 82 18 62 18 20 00 00 00 81 00 61 00 -->
80 18 60 18 82 18 62 18 20 00 00 00 81 00 61 00

ROOM 193 (door 60 must be put to 00 otherwise you can trap yourself and because too many shutters) see section 3.)
+moving type 00 to the right
128CB7:
61 18 00 18 60 18 80 18 82 18 63 00 83 00 81 00 -->
61 18 00 18 60 00 80 18 82 18 63 00 83 00 81 00 -->
61 18 00 18 80 18 82 18 60 00 63 00 83 00 81 00

ROOM 194 (see section 16.))
128D40:
63 18 22 18 02 18 83 18 20 18 61 18 00 18 81 18 -->
63 18 22 18 02 18 83 18 20 00 61 00 00 00 81 00

ROOM 195 (moving door type 00 right)
128DA8:
00 00 20 18 82 18 62 18 81 00 80 00 02 00 22 00 -->
20 18 82 18 62 18 00 00 81 00 80 00 02 00 22 00

ROOM 209 (put doors 82 and 62 to 00 because you can trap yourself, see section 2.) +move 00 to right
129791:
00 18 82 18 80 18 60 18 62 18 83 00 20 00 -->
00 18 82 00 80 18 60 18 62 00 83 00 20 00 -->
00 18 80 18 60 18 82 00 62 00 83 00 20 00

ROOM 210 (door code is ok)
129845:
20 18 00 18 22 18 83 18 82 00 62 00 80 00 60 00 -->
20 18 00 18 22 18 83 18 82 00 62 00 80 00 60 00

ROOM 211 (the so called darunia fix patch is thus still wrong, too many shutters)
further problems in this room are: too many shutter doors, one shutter is type 09 unstead of 12.
1298B6:
60 38 80 18 22 00 62 36 82 18 20 18 83 12

darunia fix positions door 22 00 completely wrong since door belongs far right, doors 82 18, 20 18, 83 12 are all wrong (shutter limit breach on all)

-reverting 2 shutters with no game paradoxes (these are type 28 and type 27 doors - both go to type 00)
this is door 60 38 --> 60 00
and door 62 36 --> 62 00

-changing one remaining shutter from type 09 to 12
this is door 83 12 --> 83 18

thus whole code is:
20 18 83 18 60 00 62 00 80 18 82 18 22 00

now we move 2 doors with type 00 to the far right:
final debugged code for room 211 is:
1298B6:
20 18 83 18 80 18 82 18 22 00 60 00 62 00

Whole process was:
1298B6:
60 38 80 18 22 00 62 36 82 18 20 18 83 12 -->
20 18 83 18 60 00 62 00 80 18 82 18 22 00 -->
20 18 83 18 80 18 82 18 22 00 60 00 62 00 = final, debugged

ROOM 212 (putting door type 00 far right)
129952:
22 00 82 36 80 2E 62 36 -->
82 36 80 2E 62 36 22 00

18.) Monologue version update from 1.2 to 1.123

Change monologue 179:
Welcome to the Hack![2]Version 1.2[3]Enjoy!

To new content:
Welcome to the Hack![2]Version 1.23[3]Enjoy!

Global banks to transfer to ALTTP are

E0000 (block is 8000)
75F40 (block is 14C0)

If we do this, then edit in ALTTP with HM, and transfer back, we also need to make this small dictionary edit.
For some reason Euclid made dictionary entry "and" with no space, into "ide".

!Reverting dictionary "ide" to "and", but only if the transfer was made to ALTTP and saved with HM, since it will write byte 90 for "and" while PW will understand byte 90 as "ide".

So change:
747E2,
22 1D 1E, = ide, -->
1A 27 1D, = and

this is byte 90= "and" with no space after it
byte 8C= "and" with space after it
byte 8C remains

This is the only dictionary change between ALTTP and PW.

19.) Fixing SNES checksum and Internal header name

Expand rom to 2MB to have even size, which is more compatible.

--------------------------
I found additional things!
--------------------------

20.) Be able to collect Byrna in dark world or light world, ie insert the Alternative treasure chest: Byrna/Heartpiece

Put Byrna in room 268 (dark world)
E976:
17 --> 18

Define alternative treasure for Byrna to be Heart piece
Table is at: 3B528 and is 4C (76 in dec) long.

Byrna is 18 (24 dec) and HPiece is 17 (23 dec)

Thus Byrna is 24 dec starting from 00, so 25th byte in the table is alt for Byrna.

thus
3B540:
FF --> 17
sets alt for Byrna to be HPiece

Tested with Hyrule Magic and it says: Byrna (alt HPiece) in rooms 268 and 279 in 2 of the chests.

21.) Fix the infinite-diggable tile

This tile does not respond and is bugged. This is tile 832 in dec or 0340 in hex. Tile will not reload gfx onto it. Thus this tile is an "infinite bush" tile and "infinite dig" tile.

We need to remove this 16x16 tile from all 32x32 tile, by replacing it with a similar tile which also contains "leafs" gfx.

Scanning for tile

There are 4 hex data blocks which contain all 16x16 into 32x32 tiles:
18000, 1B400, 20000, 23400, while each is 3400 long

code goes by 6 bytes:
-- -- -- --, -- --
4 bytes      2 bytes global
local

thus tile 340 can get written as 03 and 40

40 -- -- --, 3- --
-- 40 -- --, -3 --
-- -- 40 --, -- 3-
-- -- -- 40, -- -3

All above cases form a valid 340= 832 tile to be loaded onto 32x32 either NE, NW, SE, SW if in different global gfx data blocks or being 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the group of 4 32x32 tile in one row.

We scan by copy pasting entire 3400 block into txt and adjust the slider to cut rows by 6 bytes. Then we search for byte 40. Once found in first 4 bytes, we look at last 2 bytes in same row and search for value 3.

a.) First block:
18000, (3400)
no such tile found

b.) Second block:
1B400, (3400)
no such tile found

c.) Third block:
20000, (3400)

-tile found: code is:
3C D4 DD 40 D2 23 = forth tile here is 340

F9 34 40 AC 30 35 = third tile here is 340

40 34 36 D3 30 03 = first tile here is 340

no further found

d.) Fourth block:
23400, (3400)

40 34 D3 36 30 30 = 1st tile here is 340

-------------------------------

Fix the tile

Addresses are thus:
We will change tile 832= 340 into
tile 2648= A58
tile 2648 looks the same, but it is not bugged like tile 832
tile 2648 has the same filling of leafes

thus the byte 40 will become 58
and the 3 in the right section will become A.

20FAE:
3C D4 DD 40 D2 23 -->
3C D4 DD 58 D2 2A

2108C:
F9 34 40 AC 30 35 -->
F9 34 58 AC 30 A5

21110:
40 34 36 D3 30 03 -->
58 34 36 D3 A0 03

24510:
40 34 D3 36 30 30 -->
58 34 D3 36 A0 30

22.) Fix the day/night palettes to be less dark,
since when you have reain/snow/fog overlay + night, then
you don't see anything (since it is double dark)

address
1201EE, (block length is 90 in hex)

invert (makes it lighter)
1201EE:
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

revert (in case someone wants to put this back the way it was in PW original release)
1201EE:
00 10 00 10 00 10 00 10 00 10 00 10 00 10 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 00 08 00 08 00 08 00 10 00 10 00 10 00 01 00 01 00 01 00 01 00 01 C0 00 80 00 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00 40 00 80 00 C0 00 00 01 00 01 00 01 08 00 08 00 08 00 08 00 08 00 06 00 04 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 04 00 06 00 08 00 08 00

23.) Repair 2 bytes which got overwritten in 13.) b.),
while they were correct in 11.) b.) c.)

So basically repeat 11.) b.) c.)

b.) Element 585 to element 716
6277C: 49 --> CC

c.) Element 2898 to element 2894
6277D: 52 --> 4E

24.) Further dictionary problem.
We need to revert back to "ide"

747E2,
1A 27 1D, = and -->
22 1D 1E, = ide

Now we need to take the original ALTTP, change it also to "ide",
and only then export the monologues from 1.20, edit them, and only then save
then import back to PW. While both files are on "ide".

Namely this can not be done with "and" since this was the case:
changing to "and" will preserve "and" in monologue:
105: it contracts and...
if we do nothing this will be contract ide...
but if change to "and" on PW, in monologue 20 there will be
"insand" instead of "inside".

This means we need to adopt everything on "ide" before export and import,
and thus adopt to the PW, namely PW does not write "and" with byte 90,
like ALTTP.

25.) Further problem on the
pw_stair_entrance_fix.asm

Basically what's happening here is, that rooms above 292 were no longer an exception, when they should be: thus room 294 with fairies was exiting Link on regular -16 pixels, which is too high, thus his head was seen in the wall.

Second problem is that 16 pixel are far to high, yet on staircases this is 0 pixels. Main problem is the difference between the two: 16 is too high and 0 even too low.

Original code
01660B,
A5 A0     ,load room index
C9 24 01  ,check room 292 or bellow
B0 08     ,bcs
A5 20     ,get Y coordinate
38        ,sec
E9 10 00  ,subtract 16 pixels (= higher)
85 20     ,sta new value to Y coordinate

PW 1.2 makes a jump to new code here to list the exceptions when to start link on 0 pixels, otherwise 16 pixels.

New solution
01660B,
A5 A0     ,load room index
C9 27 01  ,check room 295 or bellow (thus all rooms)
B0 08     ,bcs
A5 20     ,get Y coordinate
38        ,sec
E9 08 00  ,subtract 8 pixels, not 16
85 20     ,sta new value to Y coordinate

We leave the code in, but we make a check for all rooms (thus cmp is now 295 and lower), this will debug the room 294 which starts Link too high in the wall.

Now the subtract gets reduced by half and is thus normalized 8 pixels for all caves (Link now never starts too high in the wall), otherwise if not cave, but stairs, Link still is not too high like before on 16. If it's 8 pixels, it seems he actually is getting from the stairs (no need to be as low as 0 pixels).

Thus:
1660B:
A5 A0 C9 27 01 B0 08 A5 20 38 E9 08 00 85 20

26.) Further problem on the
wall in area 32 above the hole with fairies.

This wall needs to be "on top"
thus element 873 and not 891
the byte actually changes 3 elements in one go

891= 37B
873= 369

F8FA5:
7B --> 69

27.) Link's Y when he enters
the hole at your house (entrance 1A)
is too high up
(Y is set to 448 which is for bg2)