Mega Man X

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mega Man X - Page 2 Empty Mega Man X

Patch:
MegamanX/RockmanX patch (2019.06.17, stable for Jap 1.0 and US/Jap 1.1)*: LINK
- patches for RockmanX 1.0, Rockman 1.1, and MegamanX 1.1 are included
- MegamanX 1.0 not yet supported
- Her-Saki's re-translation patch can be safely applied to RockManX 1.0 msu patch, http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3452/

Hardtype version:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/mmx_msu_forHardtype.zip
(for rom patched with hardtype: http://ngplus.net/index.php?/files/file/16-mega-man-x-hard-type/)

PCM Sets:
TRACK MAP
Savaged Regime Genesis PCM set by Relikk:  
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouijnK2NzWRfe3vcX-
Mega Man X [TheRetromancer] (-21dB):
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n7bixlo9baxp51z
Mega Man X* [Krzysztof Slowikowski Guitar Playthrough] (-21dB):
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w37340i15s2vff7
*NOTE: The loop/don't loop list in DS's current patch is wrong, which may cause minor issues such as song cutting out prematurely.  I've reported the issues, and hopefully this will get fixed. Fixes "Get Power Up" and "Zero" theme crashes.

Last edited by Conn on Mon 10 Jun 2019 - 16:01; edited 5 times in total
Conn
Conn

Mega Man X - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Mega Man X :: Comments

alex_tenjo

Post on Wed 19 Jun 2019 - 15:26 by alex_tenjo

@pepillopev
Many thanks for your RockMan X new versions. I really appreciate that you made a patch for the Japanese version.

Can you please tell me if you may plan in the future to try to make the RockMan X Her-Saki's translation patch, RockMan X 1.1 compatible?

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 19 Jun 2019 - 18:23 by pepillopev

@alex_tenjo At the moment, I have no plans to do so. My goal was to make RockmanX v1.0 compatible with Her-Saki and MSU. It took me some time and accomplished my goal. For now, I will take a much needed break.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post on Fri 21 Jun 2019 - 13:33 by alex_tenjo

@pepillopev
First thanks again for fixing your patch for that particular game for both versions. I will email Her-Saki to ask if a 1.1 patch can be made. To let you know, I’m interested in version 1.1 because of inherent 1.0 problems are annoying for one of my projects (to be just a little more precise, what is annoying me is the official hardware mod made on every 1.0 to fix various copy protection issues).

I have tried by myself to make a Her-Saki's Japanese translation patch 1.1 compatible but because of my zero knowledge in programming, I only partially succeeded. I have attempted to inject every hex values of the initial patch in a clean 1.1 ROM (of course, 1.0 and 1.1 are different and some parts of the code has been shift/replace, that’s why I have track values and only replace once similar strings are located). I managed to get all the in-game text translated and correctly displayed (except regarding the last X words). However the opening is broken (the screen get stuck after displaying a few broken characters and you need to press a button to go to the title screen), and the cast roll is also broken, no text is displayed and it never ends (so I have no clue if the very ending sequence and the Sigma last words should work correctly). That’s why I think the patch need to be more deeply edited, shifting value should not be enough (but once again I’m only speculated since I have no programming skills).

If Her-Saki can make a 1.1 version of the patch, can I ask your assistance if there is incompatibility between the new translation patch and your MSU-1 patch?

By now, happy well deserved resting time.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 21 Jun 2019 - 13:41 by pepillopev

@alex_tenjo The MSU code is not mine (it is DarkShocks code). I just move it around for the Her-Saki patch to work. Much to what Conn did for the hard type patch.

I encountered the same issue with the broken intro on RockmanX 1.1 too (got that fixed ). That is as far as I got until I feel like resuming the port.

Let’s see if Her-Saki wants to port to 1.1. If so, no need for me to try to port at all.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post on Fri 21 Jun 2019 - 14:48 by alex_tenjo

@pepillopev
Message sent to Her-Saki, I will let you know.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 21 Jun 2019 - 18:27 by pepillopev

@alex_tenjo Awesome, let us see what Her-Saki’s reply will be.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post on Mon 8 Jul 2019 - 13:57 by alex_tenjo

@pepillopev
Message sent to Her-Saki more than two weeks ago and no reply so far.
I guess I will have to forget a 1.1 version with Her-Saki's translation.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 8 Jul 2019 - 17:20 by pepillopev

@alex_tenjo That is unfortunate to hear about the no reply. Well, if there is some time, I will resume the port but at my own leisure. Not having the source really makes things slow to port. It can be done, just time consuming.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post on Tue 9 Jul 2019 - 7:54 by alex_tenjo

@pepillopev
Even if it’s two weeks ago, I may receive a reply later on. If I get something, be sure that I will contact you immediately.
However, if I don’t get anything and if one day you have time and motivation to port the translation to version 1.1, it would be wonderful. Version 1.1 in addition to correct several bugs, also rewrite the anti-piracy code to prevent it to trigger in normal usage (version 1.0 has been officially mod, one trace is cut and a resistor is solder between two pins on every cartridge to ensure that the code will never be randomly executed).

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 5 Aug 2019 - 2:18 by psalmsamuel

"airdash" patch works on the usa and japanese versions of megaman x1, this only illustrates the similarities of the addresses and format for both releases ...........

(The English Patch, on 1.1 japanese rom, may work if you try to enter in the addresses manually, without using the patcher or its patching engine)

(that means a few hours, probably under 4 hours, with a hex editor)

(readily I see some code blocks and pointers address changes)

(should be mostly all translated and working on 1.1, or 80 to 90 percent there, with no risk of crashing?  the author indicated it was "fixed" in version 1.2)

maybe see if it is working tomorrow, or mostly working. (this is only "blind stuff", file comparisons, but no reason why this would not work? just will have to see about it).

EDIT

Method doesn't work, would require more serious attention

NOTE

Major concern with the 1.1 version versus the 1.0 version is on real hardware ?  Because of Bugs associated with the piracy protection ............... its important, but is it less important if your on emulation.?. (its not a simple patch, has any known bugs been addressed in the 1.2 translation for 1.0 version ............ a good number of patches do this kind of practice and don't state it upfront ,which is why we pointed this out).

NOTE

*Rockman X 1.0 (J), copy protection note: "and shooting while dashing will cause you to have to repeat the introductory stage" ........... the "airdash" patch will remove megman from the title screen, it will not boot correctly .............. I didn't test the rom past launch. (protection are, "sram" based, it checks the memory that is used's footprint ... only tested snes9x pc and raspberry pi (libretro, "lr-snes9x") versions).

(it could be and maybe specifically patched in other emulators ? at the moment, going to skip the translation patch ... "airdash" is much more of an annoyance, that patch works with the msu-1 and english version)

(the battle droid common enemy in the first level, seems you can "airdash" under its second misscle launch, meaning, "airdash" was probably removed originally until later in the game, unlike x2 and x3 megamans)

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum