Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvXwQ7GFidfhjNc_NZMvMLbMNH1NcA?e=zAnoqa

Señor Ventura "Kurrono" PCM Pack fixed
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/wk55rnomohorxp55nfuy270xd3g8bx33

ArcadeTV PCM Pack:
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyk11u3nug80hx7/ArcadeTV_SGG_PCM.zip?dl=1

Last edited by Conn on Tue 6 Jun 2023 - 6:19; edited 32 times in total (Reason for editing : youtube video)
kurrono
kurrono

Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts - Page 3 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts :: Comments

kurrono

Post Wed 18 Oct 2017 - 11:52 by kurrono

On smw that worked better haha..thank u..mario voice is unique

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 18 Oct 2017 - 12:13 by Conn

Much luck on that, I'll stop taking care about this game now as most works well. If original programmers did code sloppy, I won't fix. Music not stopping after 2 bosses isn't a big thing neither, right?

Note, My msu code for native starts at 10/0000, the restoration at 15/0000 -I did not include an asm for restoration

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 18 Oct 2017 - 18:18 by Conn

btw, how did you get the laughing/dying sfx in the rom? Did you replace the sfx with pcm (since the background is spc; overlapping 2 msu channels is not possible) or is this a special patch?

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 18 Oct 2017 - 18:40 by kurrono

How bout he just add that only on the video..not a msu hack...careful anyone can trick that and is still not msu1

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 18 Oct 2017 - 18:41 by kurrono

Somebody did a draculax hack with like msu music and it was addon to the video...not msu1

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 18 Oct 2017 - 18:49 by kurrono

So he recorded his voice playing and laughing hahaha..

Back to top Go down

ArcadeTV

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 2:41 by ArcadeTV

Here's Arthur's voice collection from Marvel vs Capcom:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqp9nu2tcrvg7nm/Marvel%20vs%20Capcom%203%20-%20Arthur%20Sound%20Clips%20%28English%29.wav?dl=1

Infact this is just a mockup, NOT the real thing yet. In the end, once the samples are sorted out, they will be overlayed on the sfx and converted to spc. They will be merged with the remaining space in the rom and then just being referenced instead of the original sfx - no msu involved at this point.

Some other voices could be added to the pcm, e.g. whithin the victory-sound, continue or game-over.

Just scouting for ideas right now, the hacking part will not be mine.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 5:37 by Conn

The video how you posted it can be archieved with msu, if you leave the backgound music spc (like in the video) and substitute the sfx only.

But, as you already know, all sfx happening during spc mute can be substituted without problems (Conker's logo is the only example where this was done until now). This cannot be done with e.g., the laughter when getting the money bag and having a pcm in the backgound (this would stop, then play the laughter and resume the bg music anew - which surely would sound crap.

It would be nice if the msu developers would open some new registers (don't have to be 3 channels with each 8 registers as we currently have (2000-2007)) for short sfx, but I do not see this happen - having compatibility for all systems (sd2snes, bsnes, higan, snes9x) is a complex thing already, and the gain is little.

Anyways, your current plan (replacing sfx) is not easy, as extensive apu knowledge are mandatory I think. I once added a new track spc to bszelda... and had to load a complete new apu instruction set (ipl rom and such if I remember correctly). I think hardly anybody knows snes apu asm. Cpu is 2-address machine, apu is 1-address machine (which I personally find disgusting) Smile

Much luck on that!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 9:34 by Conn

I did some minor but important changes to the asm and ips patch:
- removed the headered ips version (just complicates stuff to provide it)
- I moved the msu code to 14/0000 in the rom expanded area. Before it was 10/0000 for native and 15/0000 for restoration (because 10/0000 was already used in the restoration version.
14/0000 is unused in both, so only one asm is required for both versions (though the native version still needs to be expanded to min 1.5 MB OR the restoration patch preapplied before using the asm (asm, not ips).

Redownload patch from first post

@ArcadeTV
I attached a testcode for you, that replaces sfx #$62 (capcom logo) and thunder sfx #$5d with a pcm.
you can get the sfx number when making a breakpoint in geiger at 01/8053 in native (lorom), respectively 81/8053 in restoration (fastrom). For the fireworks, you will then e.g., get this line:
$81/8053 22 4F 80 28 JSL $28804F[$28:804F]   A:004B
So the Value in A tells you that the fireworks sfx is #$4b
With this knowledge you can check my testcode in the attached asm:

Code:

; ############testcode
cmp #$62 ; capcom logo
bne $03
jsr sfx
cmp #$5d ; thunder
bne $03
jsr sfx
RTL

sfx:
pha
STZ $2006
STA $2004
STZ $2005
loopSFX:
bit $2000
bvs loopSFX    ; track not ready
LDA #$FF
STA $2006
LDA #$01
STA $2007
TXA
INC
STA $02f6 ; mute native sfx
PLA
RTS

; ############end testcode
and simply add
cmp #$4b ; fireworks
bne $03
jsr sfx
below the thunder and you can replace that one, too.

The pcm numbers must match the sfx in dec, so 4b would be -75.pcm
if you test the code with 62 (-98.pcm) and 5d (-93.pcm), the capcom logo and thunder will be replaced by your custom pcm.

Happy working on your sgg_plus patch Wink

Oh, one thing: if you want to substitute the pause start sfx, it will not work as f3 is covered already (and mutes the pcm).
But I think you simply and safely can remove the following part from the asm:
Code:

CMP #$F3
BNE $03
STZ $2007
and this should work as well (#$36 is pause start, Very Happy

Edit:
On a second thought, I would not recommend substitute the press start/pause sfx:
- first the music will start anew and not resume and second, you would need to hook with $f4 to get into the playmsu routine again... this one is only executed at the start on a level. It is possible, but makes it complex... too complex for too little gain imo.
Attachments
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts - Page 3 Attachment
sfx_test.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 10:28 by kurrono

Hey Conn in,the intro is no background music playing..intro fireworks and lightning maybe can,be hacked

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 11:49 by kurrono

Capcom logo and thunders are muted hahah awesome

Back to top Go down

ArcadeTV

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 13:04 by ArcadeTV

Awesome Stuff! Can't say how thankful I am, this is so much appreciated, thank you!

Works like a charm!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbqxpp3kpjbik9o/sgng.7z?dl=1

I have a feeling that the capcom pcm gets chopped at the end, though it's even shorter than the original jingle..

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 13:11 by kurrono

Hey Conn,no
vacations yet ..u love asm bro..this isnfun..i love it
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 14:21 by kurrono

Check my video hehehe Storms ..scary haha
haloween

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 15:01 by Conn

Very Happy nice video, Kurrono!
you're welcome, as said unfortunately only the sfx with mute bgm can be replaced and I'd restrain from the start press ingame.

So are there more than
   cmp #$62 ; capcom logo
   cmp #$5d ; thunder
   cmp #$4b ; fireworks
that can be replaced?

If you add them to the pcm downloads, I'll adapt the asm and patches (as well as the manifest, where they also must be listed)...

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 15:06 by kurrono

You saw my video Conn i like the storms sound i added.. hey Conn thabks again..for all ur efforts on this games...Ur the Man!!!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 15:16 by Conn

Yes, it is indeed an improvement!
I asked whether we can only replace 4b,5d,62 or are there more without background music (the press start cannot be replaced)?

If you add the pcm:s 75, 93 and 98 to your drive,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6SxDm7lZTw2Q1pnbWh4YVFWb0U/view?usp=drivesdk
I'll adjust my code.

I'd also like to post your pcm set as alternative, ArcadeTV, but please rename your files from sgng-x.pcm to sgg_msu1-x.pcm (that's a convention how to call it, and it's this way named in the readme).

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 15:18 by kurrono

I will upload them i,ll replace my rar forna new one with the new pcms..it will be uploaded soon

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 15:21 by kurrono

Ans no that o know off ..adding the laughing. Or yes i got it or power up like Altered beast that will be impossible...msu1 music is playing

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 15:38 by Conn

Ok, already updated the patch (ips, asm, bml), redownload patch from first post, it supplies now pcm 75, 93 and 98 Smile

ArcadeTV, if you add pcm 75 (fireworks) and rename your files as suggested above, I will list your pcm set also in the first post Wink

Then I close this here Spin

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 16:49 by kurrono

Ok im changing my pcms now..they re uploaded..and im working in another game now.. hehe..Conn ur on vacations me ..i gotta work on next game hwhe

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 16:51 by kurrono

All right pcms link ready

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 22:31 by Conn

No, when I redownload
Pcms:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6SxDm7lZTw2Q1pnbWh4YVFWb0U/view?usp=drivesdk
it still hasn't the new tracks Sad

Back to top Go down