Final Fight Multi-Region Patch (2019.06.03) with sd2snes fix*: LINK

Final PCM Packs**
PepilloPEV "Sega CD" Pack
Relikk "Arcade" Pack
Relikk "X68000 YM2151 FM" Pack
Relikk "X68000 MIDI" Pack
psalmsamuel "Double Impact Remix" Pack

TRACK MAP

*This version supports the US and JAP regions of the ROM (Cody and Guy variations). It also includes support for the additional music tracks including SPC per track fallback. Only the Guy Japan patch is compatible with Gnawtor's Unofficial 2-Player hack.
**All PCM packs hosted here are fully compatible with the multi-region patch. Thanks Relikk for updating your set "lightning" fast. Much appreciated.

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 23:03; edited 63 times in total
pepillopev

Final Fight - Page 4 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Final Fight :: Comments

Post on Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 18:25 by pepillopev

@Conn Yup, Conn is correct with regards to the "wait msu ready" routine. Somehow, my sorry ass forgot to include it. I will fix as soon as I finish the Retroid MSU-1 patch.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post on Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 19:59 by alex_tenjo

Thank you both for your replies.

Regarding your interrogation about the US version, Conn, it works flawlessly on my SD2SNES Pro (I had previously test it and I had planed to write it on my initial message to give additional information about my issue but I forget it, sorry for that).
Also what both of you wrote could make sense to me because I managed to get (for a few tracks) MSU sound once (for my at least thirty attempts). So I can guess that a particular configuration should allowed the track to be load without delay (or at least with a very low delay). Just for the record, does that "wait msu ready" routine is something relative to the "busy flag" that ikari_01 talked about several weeks ago? (Sorry for my lack of knowledge).

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 21:36 by pepillopev

@alex_tenjo Yes, in emulators all reads and writes to RAM and CPU registers are instantaneous. Not so much in real hardware (there is always a delay), hence the need for “wait msu ready” code.
This was just a minor oversight on my part. I recoded the patch a while back to make it more friendly with Gnawtor’s 2p hack. Only tested on emulators, never thought twice in testing it on my sd2snes. If I had I would have caught on to the bug. Nonetheless, I’m glad you brought it to our attention.

UPDATE: I added an additional BPS patch called ffguy-jap-(2playerHackPart6)_sd2snes_fix.bps to the ZIP file.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post on Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 17:15 by alex_tenjo

@pepillopev
Thanks for your time, and for your technical explanation, it's much appreciate.
I have tried your "ffguy-jap-(2playerHackPart6)_sd2snes_fix.bps" and it seems to work very well on my first short test. However I think there is something with your last version of "ffguy-jap.bps". The patch refuse to be apply on the Japanese version of Final Fight Guy (CRC: DE144411), while there is no problem to apply "ffguy-jap-(2playerHackPart6)_sd2snes_fix.bps" on the same ROM.
Sorry to bother you again with that.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 17:18 by pepillopev

@alex_tenjo Yup, I’m aware of it. I just need some good time to look at all the patches over and correct them as needed. Busy this week. Will fix when I can. Thanks for the update.

UPDATE #1: Ok, hopefully, all the patches are sorted out this time around. Keep in mind that the following patches below are meant for the regular 1 player version of the game:
ffcody-usa.bps
ffcody-japan.bps
ffguy-usa.bps
ffguy-japan.bps

The remaining patch is only meant for the Japan version of Final Fight Guy, as Gnawtor's 2-player hack was built on this version of the ROM. Also, keep in mind that this patch is still considered beta and will contain issues. For example you will see GFX issues with pickup items in two player mode. Also Cody's voice samples are missing as well. Something to keep in mind. Nonetheless, the game can be played from beginning to end in 1 or 2 player mode. Happy Gaming.

UPDATE #2: @Conn, included the read-me file for clarification regarding the attached patches.

Last edited by pepillopev on Wed 5 Jun 2019 - 10:23; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post on Wed 5 Jun 2019 - 4:07 by Conn

Great that this issue is going to be resolved Smile just noticed only that the readme pdf is missing in the new version. I'd say this is needed considering the currently 5 different patches you offer (which patch requires which rom, maybe with crc...)

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post on Fri 7 Jun 2019 - 2:25 by alex_tenjo

@pepillopev
Many thanks for fixing it so quickly!
The Japanese version of Final Fight Guy now works perfectly on my SD2SNES Pro.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum