Secret of Evermore - Page 2 Image111

Since : 2013-04-28

http://www.snes-projects.de

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Secret of Evermore :: Comments

Conn

Post Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 14:38 by Conn

Both sd2snes and bsnes have been tested successfully with the new v3 and it finally seems to work, so I removed the expression "beta".

Guess long-term tests need to be accomplished, and I am sure people will complain in case there are still bugs Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 9:53 by frenchman

Fixed my problem. I wasn't copying the 13 remastered files in the folder so that's why it was obviously wasn't working. I've tried it on my SD2SNES and it works great so far! Overall, I'm having an issue where MSU1 music comes out way too loud without even setting the boost. I'm a component moded SNES and sound doesn't come put from the multi out. I'll try with a regular composite cable and scart cable to see if it makes any difference. I'll let you know if it's my hardware quirk or if the problem is still there.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 10:11 by Conn

Nice to hear that my fix helped Very Happy

The too loud problem might also be a based on the input pcm:s, means they are amplified too high. You can compare that with emulator play on snes9x 1.55. If it appears too loud there as well, you can ask Red to lower the global volume.

Back to top Go down

Ballz

Post Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 16:53 by Ballz

Heyyy this is @NewsFedora from Twitter. I'd bugged RedScorpion enough over email and DM as I've played through this game, so I figured it'd probably be easier to just create an account here. Razz

I wasn't sure if you were planning to permanently keep those SPCs muted, but if you do eventually get them to work again, I just thought I'd let you know I encountered an issue when you enter Percival Plank's Exhibition: both the MSU track and original SPC played at the same time.

Obviously that bug is now fixed with the latest patch, but I just wanted you to be aware of it in case you do turn unmute the SPCs in a future patch, as that would probably bring back this bug.

For the record, I'm playing with an sd2snes and have the 13 extra tracks included.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 18:39 by Conn

Hi and welcome on board, I read some of your Twitter posts.
Nice to know another glitch probably is fixed. Hardcore muting the audio in apu is the last chance I had,so if this won't work, the game can't get msu-ified bugfree. But chances are good, that all is safe&sound now Very Happy
Hardcore mute has small audio anomalies, at least in dkc there's a sfx acceleration when switching characters and if you directly compare native with msu sfx, you notice that all sfx are a bit different even the small banana get, I'd even say clearer and better in the msu.
However hardcore mute is the last choice I take if everything else fails Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 3 Dec 2017 - 14:33 by edale

http://normalize.nongnu.org/

You can use that program to easily normalize the WAV files before converting them to PCM.

It's also possible to write a script to strip the 8-byte MSU header, add in a valid WAV header, normalize the audio, then strip the WAV header, and replace the MSU header, so you don't have to worry about relooping anything.

Most SNES games need to be normalized to either -18dB or -21dB. Basically, try it normalized at -18dB, and if the MSU audio is still too loud in-game (especially if it still drowns out in-game SFX, such as the sounds from entering/exiting the menu ring), then normalize it to -21dB.

You don't need to worry about overall volume at all (that's handled by the end-user's volume controls), just how the volume of the PCM music balances with the sound of the SPC sfx.

Last edited by edale on Sun 3 Dec 2017 - 14:45; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Ballz

Post Sun 3 Dec 2017 - 14:44 by Ballz

So far so good with the latest patch. But I hadn't encountered any real serious issues ever since the cave game crash was fixed a while ago.

Thanks for all your hard work on this! Just like how the MSU patch got me to finally beat Terranigma, I'm playing through Evermore for the first time with this hack.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 3 Dec 2017 - 16:21 by Conn

@ballz, awesome, thanks for testing!
@edale: I only code and pcm:s are really not my business. Red published json files with loop points,so if you like to improve his work be my guest Smile
If you do it simply post the cloud link and I will update first post then.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 1:59 by Drakonas

I wanted to post to report that the link for the PCM's for this is dead.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 8:12 by Conn

I contacted Red, damned f* DMCA:s.
He'll reupload soon

Back to top Go down

smokemonster

Post Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 13:42 by smokemonster

I noticed that the manifest references soe_msu-0.pcm and 71 to 80, which were missing from the original set. Does this matter at all or are those just placeholders?

Also, has anyone tested if the 2 Player Hack or the Gameplay Balance Hack work with the MSU-1 hack?
Update: Drakonas tested the 2 Player hack and it's broken, but Balance appears to be compatible at first glance (needs more testing).

Last edited by smokemonster on Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 18:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 14:16 by Conn

Just placeholder, you know making bml entries is a copy paste, then search and replace thing. I only take care of all tracks are addressed, and do not care (delete) obsolete entries.

If you are interested to see whether another patch is compatible... you have to check that out yourself. I doubt anybody here tests all possible combinations of hacks from other authors Sad

Back to top Go down

smokemonster

Post Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 16:29 by smokemonster

OK--thanks, Conn! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 18:45 by edale

Use this tool: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1080/
Or this tool: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1386/ (newer and better program just released a month or two ago, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, so can't comment)
To check and make sure all the patches you're using are compatible with each other.

There are some situations where a conflict can get past them, but it's a rare kind of conflict (example, Dancing Mad FFVI MSU-1 patch + Madsiur's Music Player patch, both have separate code in different locations that restarts the music when exiting the menu screen, so you get an audio hitch exiting the menu screen from both sets of music restart cades running).

Back to top Go down

RedScorpion

Post Thu 22 Mar 2018 - 17:16 by RedScorpion

Update Links!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 22 Mar 2018 - 22:35 by Drakonas

RedScorpion wrote:Update Links!
Your first link has an extra H in http. Not sure if that was intended.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 23 Mar 2018 - 7:10 by Conn

Surely wasn't intented Wink thanks and corrected

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 13:17 by zephyrot

Like with Terranigma, I have had to apply the German PAL IPS patch to make the Spanish Rom work with MSU1. The English patch will not work (it makes all the music mute).

^_^

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

RedScorpion

Post Fri 28 Feb 2020 - 4:44 by RedScorpion

Brutapode89 wrote:A French PAL version in MSU-1, please?

Thanks.

i quiet sure that the patch works also with the french version!

Back to top Go down

D2DEZEL

Post Fri 28 Feb 2020 - 6:18 by D2DEZEL

the french patch is in the MSU-1 General Discussion section in Translations Patches in the MEGA link in PAL FR

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 28 Feb 2020 - 10:35 by Conn

I also included it to the patch file, if re-downloaded

Back to top Go down

Groovymen

Post Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 11:26 by Groovymen

I can't thank you guys enough!
I just got my FxPak Pro last week and all these MSU1 games are simply amazing!

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 5 Oct 2021 - 1:57 by Pee wee

I'm sorry about is no patch for the rom in spanish language. With more pity than glory Secret of Evermore - Page 2 1f62a

Thanks anyway.

Back to top Go down

D2DEZEL

Post Tue 5 Oct 2021 - 14:40 by D2DEZEL

Hello, here is the spanish patch msu-1 Smile
You have to test it and tell me if it works well

https://mega.nz/folder/YQEjAQ6B#DopkjVyYLdHiLQK4-fKiGQ

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next