Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 12 Empty Re: Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7

Post by Erockbrox Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 1:02

Okay, here is it. This is my update to my own Erock Version of the hack.

Here is the link, maybe Conn could update my old link because I couldn't figure out how to do that with dropbox if its even possible.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ydhdwyoz0rgzsv/CHRT%20Erock%20Version.zip?dl=0

Here are some of the changes I made.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 12 Ex6VE9W

I replaced the non-working Tardis graphic with just a tall plant. It is illogical to have 20 Tardis's but only have 1 which does not function like the others. So now its a plant.

For Jedi dungeon, I let the players have the chest in this room for FREE, and the door northbound does not need to be held open with the block like before. Now you can just freely go past this door.

In fire-rod dungeon, I removed the hookshot pushable block puzzle. This is actually my own design, but having it at the start of the dungeon is bad placement because if you don't beat the boss or re-start the dungeon you have to do this one puzzle over and over which is annoying. This puzzle would be fine if you only had to do it once like if it opened up the way for the big key, because once you get the big key then you don't have to keep getting it over and over again.

I also did some other very minor changes. So minor that I didn't even make any safe backup copies of this rom while doing my edits. Also no graphics were changed.

So this is it. I believe that this is the definitive way to experience Conker's High Rule Tail. Play it for yourself to see if you like it better. Hopefully this is the very last update that I give to the game as I am finally satisfied that this game is now a masterpiece! When you polish up a game to make the re-playablility high it is literally an art. The original programmers and designers who made A Link to the Past understand this art and I do too, which is why I created this special version of the hack in the first place.

Also let me know if I created the patches properly because I didn't test them. It is exhausting making these changes and updates with all these files and procedures.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 12 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 4:58

I updated the link here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1337-conker-s-high-rule-tail-v1-2-8b#19689

Is this what you requested?
Conn
Conn

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 12 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 17:59

Conn wrote:Is this what you requested?

Yes, and thank you very much. This should be the last update ever. Thanks again for all your help.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 18:38

You're welcome! There are no mandatory fixes needed in the "official version", right? Your fixes were just cosmetical nature after you saw a new gameplay video. Alike you the least thing I want is to open that game again Confused
Conn
Conn

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 12 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 20 Apr 2019 - 0:07

HAHAHAHA Actually I did find some stuff. Maybe I'll post some pics and videos in a little bit.

One thing I found was game breaking but it is a rare glitch.

But honestly no game is perfect if you can release a game that mostly is glitch free during normal game play then its a successful release.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 1 May 2019 - 17:13

Okay so here were a few more things that I saw when playing this again.

In the firerod dungeon (Vatti) it seems as if when you first enter the dungeon on the first play through these graphics in this one room are glitched. They seem to fix themselves naturally if you enter the dungeon again.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 12 VngbkV8

I found this in the Jedi Dungeon. Apparently there was a pushable block that you can push out of bounds here. I'm guessing that nobody caught this because almost nobody even knew that there was a pushable block here in the first place.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 12 QoJ5cPP

So I actually found a soft lock in the game that I've never experienced before. In this picture it doesn't look like anything, but really I'm soft locked (not even can I press select). How did I achieve this? Well I've done it with two bosses so far, Blind and Gannon. How to achieve it? Basically I use the cape and the dash boots and haphazardly run into/attack the boss. What happens is that some how the boss "pushes" me outward and then I start glitching and then I get moved into the right corner of the room. When it happened again, I tried to record it so I will upload that video too. This doesn't need to be fixed since its very rare.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 12 HTHIiQg

The reason why it didn't soft lock on Gannon was because of the floor tiles which disappear.

Also I got hit with fire from gannon and got shot backwards and when I fell down into the room below I got a camera glitch. I might try and re-create this because I wasn't recording at the time. You never know when you are going to catch cool stuff on tape.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 5 May 2019 - 2:51

So I was browsing the internet when I came across some thug life pixel art. So I got inspired and then photoshopped it onto conker and I think it came out pretty good.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 12 M8m1szk
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12