Dracula X Chronicles PSP Pack (by PepilloPeV):
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/x0osrvdvfmev74mz9dp6lxf0wd349kuj

PCM Pack (by Kurrono, fixed by edale) v2.0:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/PZpyDJyB#aAcxIxL0osiT0bvh_Nlm4xJn1hWUHf9kwrN2Qb3vync

-  Track Map  -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11grLuqK5AMtD0G08-Yb7DrBQipxv3JfN9hH2VyU0lJg

* Note: To play the Japanese version (Akumajou Dracula XX), copy the PCM's of the PCM Pack of your choice to a folder. Alongside the batch file you will find in the patch file for the Japanese version, called "cdx2adx.bat".
Run cdx2adx.bat to automatically rename your PCM files to the correct new track number and the correct name: adx-msu1-x.pcm (where X is the track number).

Make sure your msu patched Akumajou ROM matches the same naming scheme (adx-msu1.sfc)!

Last edited by pepillopev on Wed 30 Jan 2019 - 23:41; edited 47 times in total
pev

Castlevania - Dracula X Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Castlevania - Dracula X :: Comments

smokemonster

Post Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 18:48 by smokemonster

Incredible release. Well done! Very Happy

Could you and Kurrono please generally describe the source of the music that you used? I'm just trying to decide what to call each mix.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 19:14 by pev

My source material is from Rondo of Blood (PCEngine) and Dracula X Chronicles (PSP).

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 19:28 by kurrono

Mines are remix one from snes dracula X

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 20:17 by Conn

This should definitely be my last msu project for a while (though... I already hacked Demon's Crest, the asm is 100% working, but ArcadeTv seems to need some time to get the pcm:s) Very Happy

Is Shiryu informed about the video, btw? Or do Pev and/or Kurrono again maybe record an intermediate?

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 20:32 by kurrono

No not yet i cant provide links on youtube no more like before..im not taking risks gettin DMCA'd again

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 20:35 by pev

If Shiryu does not do the video, then I will. I really do not want to do a repeat job. Last time, Shiryu got mine bumped off Wink. So, I will wait from an official word from Goncalo.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 20:40 by kurrono

He bumped .my videos too haha.. jk Very Happy

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 20:41 by kurrono

Hey Pev try to do in,the medusas area a moonwalk with Richter..is awesome

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 20:45 by kurrono

So the sphere prob is fixed or we need to use 41.pcm to play it?

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 20:53 by pev

I used track 11 (hex B) and made it loop. Works fine, for me. I wonder if track41 is the 2nd part of the orb sound. The first sample is the full appearing orb, the 2nd is just the repeating jingle sound along with the heartbeat. I will look into that.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 0:51 by MattyXB

Thx for this release. Wonder me first why I hear no music in from the Kurrono Dracula X Remix PCMs. Then I saw the tracks were named different "_" and not "-". So I just renamed the ROM and MSU file and it worked.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 2:19 by kurrono

You got it... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 5:38 by Conn

Thx for this release. Wonder me first why I hear no music in from the Kurrono Dracula X Remix PCMs. Then I saw the tracks were named different "_" and not "-". So I just renamed the ROM and MSU file and it worked.
*lol, I had the same problem, I use "_" as standard, while PEV uses "-" as standard, confusing, but it's always good to take a look in the readme, all programmers have their own dialect and language.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 6:25 by Shiryu

Video coming ASAP, thanks for Kurrono for the tip.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 10:03 by Shiryu

Video done, works on snes9x v1.55 but not on bsnes+ v0.73a. Probably needs tweaking on some of the patch files but I ran out of lunch time to figure it out.

GoNintendo and Nintendo Life news posts soon. Great job folks!

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 11:17 by kurrono

Hey the sphere spc plays fine on snes9x on geiger ..not msu1...i tested on version 20.. it seems is a track for msu1 ..track 11 was

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 11:50 by Relikk

Has anyone else tested this on an SD2SNES? I get a buzzing sound on some fade outs. Interrupting the opening text demo and when the boss music fades out for the orb sound.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 12:10 by kurrono

Guys im,hacking rocketeer snes is only 6 songs haha..but that one deserves..music from the movie..is a sentiment Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 12:31 by pev

Shiryu, I tested Conn's patch on Bsnes 073.3a and it works fine. Make sure you have the manifest.bml and cdx-msu1.xml files in your game folder. Also, ensure that the files in the manifest.xml file match the ones in your folder (example, if manifest has track named like cdx-msu1-1.pcm but that file is named cdx_msu1-1.pcm, you will not get audio playback). In my PCMs, I use the "-" and not the "_" as Conn has quoted a couple of posts ago.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 12:33 by Shiryu

Will further test it when I get home.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 14:17 by Conn

I moved the video into first post, thanks a lot, Shiryu Very Happy

Also no problems here with bsnes, sd2snes... I can't tell, have none. It *should work, as I use a code I implemented in all other games as well, and until now, nobody complained... but I'll check

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 14:28 by Relikk

Yeah BSNES works perfectly for me too but, I get that buzzing on my SD2SNES. Just wondering if it's just me or if it's across the board.

EDIT: It's only this game so far that's done it.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 14:34 by kurrono

Maybe firmware update?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 14:35 by Relikk

Nope. I'm on the latest.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next