Dracula X Chronicles PSP Pack (by PepilloPeV):
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/x0osrvdvfmev74mz9dp6lxf0wd349kuj

PCM Pack (by Kurrono, fixed by edale) v2.0:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/PZpyDJyB#aAcxIxL0osiT0bvh_Nlm4xJn1hWUHf9kwrN2Qb3vync

-  Track Map  -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11grLuqK5AMtD0G08-Yb7DrBQipxv3JfN9hH2VyU0lJg

* Note: To play the Japanese version (Akumajou Dracula XX), copy the PCM's of the PCM Pack of your choice to a folder. Alongside the batch file you will find in the patch file for the Japanese version, called "cdx2adx.bat".
Run cdx2adx.bat to automatically rename your PCM files to the correct new track number and the correct name: adx-msu1-x.pcm (where X is the track number).

Make sure your msu patched Akumajou ROM matches the same naming scheme (adx-msu1.sfc)!

Last edited by pepillopev on Wed 30 Jan 2019 - 23:41; edited 47 times in total
pev

Castlevania - Dracula X - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Castlevania - Dracula X :: Comments

Conn

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 14:59 by Conn

@Relikk
I have a suspicion why it doesn't work. The fadeout is rather quick, but not quick enough. For example at the demo, it counts down from FF to 00, but the next theme is already introduced when the value is 60. So the real hardware gets the info to update 2006 to 60, and suddenly it gets a 00, and I simply think it is not quick enough to handle both infos correctly.

Real Hardware is unfortunately try&error, so attached patch has an accelerated fade-countdown (previously it was 3 decs per nmi, now it is 5 decs). You should not hear much fading anymore, but with luck this solves your issue.

If it works I'd suggest having a "special sd2snes version", since the fade out at 3 decs is already rather fast, with 5 decs, you will not hear any fade anymore, so the emulator version should keep the slower fade.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 15:00 by Relikk

Sounds good.

Apparently I don't have permission to download attachments, though. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 15:14 by Conn

Attachement downloading should work now...

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 16:26 by Relikk

Tested it, still happens unfortunately. Here's a video for what's happening. You know already but, every little bit of info helps. Be warned, I haven't got a very steady hand. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8RRrlgdWok

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 16:58 by Conn

That's unfortunate. I'm out currently but will send a version that renounces completely on the fading in some hours. See if this works then...
We must go through a try and error phase to isolate the bug I assume Sad

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 17:13 by Relikk

Yeah, sorry Conn. I seem to be a source of buggyness for you lately. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 19:19 by Conn

Through your video I found out what the troubles causes, I think:

I had to run the msu busy flag 8 times (there were troubles with snes9x). Doing so, it will write 8 times on $2007 and $2006 which apparently causes troubles on sd2snes in case a track isn't there.

THIS is what's happening, not fadeout or whatever: the intro is mute, nevertheless it tries to load track -39 (hex$27)
cat is an explosion (hardly noticeable), here it tries to load pcm track -41 (hex$29), which isn't part of the pcm set.

so it tries to play multiple times a track that isn't there.
so you have two options:

- make a simple txt file write MSU1 followed by 4 spaces in it and rename it to cdx-msu1-39.pcm and cdx-msu-41.pcm; in this case sd2snes plays an empty file and it should work

- more elegant: apply below attached ips patch, I set the error bit:
Code:

BIT $2000
Bvs endbusy ; track not ready
lda $2000
AND #$08
BEQ noerror ; error bit set?
STZ $2006
STZ $2007
bra enderror
noerror:
LDA $7e1b82
(as far as I know the sd2snes firmware has the error bit implemented).

@PEV, if this works you can use the new asm (part of below attached file) to create a new ips/bps, the added error bit test is is safe to play on emulator. You can also consider adding pcm-41, cat explosion (I already adjusted $27=39 and $29=41 to non-loop in the table of attached asm).
The cat explosion is heard right after giving her the final hit and it turns into flames (on spc version only of course, as the pcm track is missing).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 19:58 by Conn

I made a small but severe mistake, luckily nobody downloaded it yet (I hope), if yes use this file instead:

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 22:29 by pev

I have added the a custom track 41 for the cat explosion, as requested. When I get an opportunity to get the original spc explosion sample, it will replace the custom one.
I also added your Sd2Snes fixes/patches to the zip file. I have not yet tested them on an emulator (but I will take your word that they are safe for use).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 4:24 by Conn

hehe, yes, it is safe, but I also hope that solves the issue Relikk reported Wink
If not we need to insert every theme that might be forgotten, like that cat theme.
e.g., for the menu mute, you need to insert an empty mute track 39 then.

You can merge theme 41 with your normal pcm set btw, but better wait for relikk because of the loop table set to 01 (which I already did in the fix asm).
If Relikk will tell that my patch solves his problems, the new sd2snes fix asm/ips should be the only asm/patch in your patch folder (has no effect on emulator playing).

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 7:19 by Relikk

Conn wrote:If Relikk will tell that my patch solves his problems, the new sd2snes fix asm/ips should be the only asm/patch in your patch folder (has no effect on emulator playing).

It does indeed. No more buzzing. Good job, as always! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 8:29 by Conn

Awesome Very Happy
Pev, you can make the new asm to the only patch provided to clean the patch package, the sd2snes fix has no sideeffects on emu play.
Also you can move the pcm-41 into your pcm set (the fix asm has already set the loop to 01.As for the mute track 39 can do as you like, either empty pcm or leave it away, both is working Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 15:53 by pev

Will work on simplifying the patch package once I get home after the Thanksgiving feast.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 19:45 by Conn

Just saw that everything is updated (patch with sd2snes fix, cat explosion merged).
Nice work, pev, next project closed Smile happy thanksgiving!

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 16 Dec 2017 - 16:10 by Señor Ventura

I have a question about the actual two packs of music tracks... the one of pepillo (that occupies less, about 200MB), It has the bucle implemented?, or it reproduces even the intro every time the song ends and comes to be played again.

Thank you

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sat 16 Dec 2017 - 16:15 by kurrono

It supposed to stop is loop is $#01 if it is #$03 it plays after ends..quickly

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 7:28 by Señor Ventura

kurrono wrote:It  supposed to stop is loop is $#01 if it is #$03 it plays after ends..quickly

It is confirmed, in the first stage every time the song ends, it begins again with the intro... some tracklists of another games has this problem solvented with a "custom bucle".

It happens too with games like super ghouls'n ghosts, it sounds with the intro in the first stage, but when the song ends, it sounds again since the beginning, with the intro again.

By the way, that soundtrack have issues, and yesterday i have tweaking, and is enough well fixed... i'm going to post in its thread, if i am allowed to contribute.

EDIT: I add something, the tracklist of pepillo works, but the other one (the tracklist of 500MB+) doesn't ears nothing.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 8:02 by Relikk

Señor Ventura wrote:
kurrono wrote:It  supposed to stop is loop is $#01 if it is #$03 it plays after ends..quickly

It is confirmed, in the first stage every time the song ends, it begins again with the intro... some tracklists of another games has this problem solvented with a "custom bucle".

It happens too with games like super ghouls'n ghosts, it sounds with the intro in the first stage, but when the song ends, it sounds again since the beginning, with the intro again.

By the way, that soundtrack have issues, and yesterday i have tweaking, and is enough well fixed... i'm going to post in its thread, if i am allowed to contribute.

EDIT: I add something, the tracklist of pepillo works, but the other one (the tracklist of 500MB+) doesn't ears nothing.

Try mine and see if it's the same.

https://mega.nz/#!5nQQhABC!PH_rzrghFL4Nz8yQTqNG2-dPpfeAEtX0bEJ_Go7qqlg

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 9:16 by Señor Ventura

Relikk wrote:Try mine and see if it's the same.

https://mega.nz/#!5nQQhABC!PH_rzrghFL4Nz8yQTqNG2-dPpfeAEtX0bEJ_Go7qqlg

Yes, this is the one that works fine for me. Thank you so much.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 10:06 by kurrono

It is explained about dx-msu1 and dx_msu1..that's why it dont play...
Pepillo uses his way dx-msu..,and me dx_msu..so to make it work..u got switch mines ..his way.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 10:15 by pev

Relikk, I uploaded your PCM set into my DropBox account. If there is still some issues, it would help if a video is posted showing the issue. I really do not know what Señor Ventura means by 'bucle'. But it seems like this issue has been resolved by both of you (meaning, Señor Ventura and Relikk).

There is a freeware app called "Bulk Rename Utility" which makes it easier to rename a bunch of files while keeping certain characters the same. It is way better to use this utility rather than renaming each file one by one (pain the arse).

Here is the link: http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Version.php?Version=3.0.0.1

Or you can just make a quick and dirty windows/dos batch file to do it for you, but again, it is time consuming. Wink

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 10:21 by Relikk

pepillopev wrote:I really do not know what Señor Ventura means by 'bucle'.

From what I could gather he was talking about track looping. On your set (I think) your tracks end, then start again, like the PC Engine CD tracks. My tracks loop, and don't end. I think that's what he was looking for.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 10:25 by kurrono

So that means the lil intro..from the beginning of the song wont ..play again...oh,i see..

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 10:26 by kurrono

That loop u talk about is apart from msu1 looping #$03 and #$01..u,made ur tracks with .json? And msupcm+?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 12:41 by Relikk

kurrono wrote:u,made ur tracks with .json? And msupcm+?

Neither, mate. The only tools I use are Sound Forge and wav2msu.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next