Dracula X Chronicles PSP Pack (by PepilloPeV):
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/x0osrvdvfmev74mz9dp6lxf0wd349kuj

PCM Pack (by Kurrono, fixed by edale) v2.0:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/PZpyDJyB#aAcxIxL0osiT0bvh_Nlm4xJn1hWUHf9kwrN2Qb3vync

-  Track Map  -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11grLuqK5AMtD0G08-Yb7DrBQipxv3JfN9hH2VyU0lJg

* Note: To play the Japanese version (Akumajou Dracula XX), copy the PCM's of the PCM Pack of your choice to a folder. Alongside the batch file you will find in the patch file for the Japanese version, called "cdx2adx.bat".
Run cdx2adx.bat to automatically rename your PCM files to the correct new track number and the correct name: adx-msu1-x.pcm (where X is the track number).

Make sure your msu patched Akumajou ROM matches the same naming scheme (adx-msu1.sfc)!

Last edited by pepillopev on Wed 30 Jan 2019 - 23:41; edited 47 times in total
pev

Castlevania - Dracula X - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Castlevania - Dracula X :: Comments

kurrono

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 13:11 by kurrono

Cool..so u still want ur mortal kombat msu1...heh

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 13:21 by Relikk

I'm all for anything that was released in arcades first, then ported to consoles. That's where I would have played those games first and they're the definitive soundtracks for those games. So past projects like Street Fighter, Gradius III, Final Fight, Joe & Mac (although I can't find an arcade soundtrack CD release of that game Sad , the same with Ghouls N Ghosts), Turtles In Time (although I can't finish the soundtrack for it). They're all perfect for someone like me.

Yeah, something like Mortal Kombat 2 would be high on my wish list. UN Squadron, Fighters History, Fatal Fury series, Puzzle Bobble... You know what I mean. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 15:01 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:I really do not know what Señor Ventura means by 'bucle'. But it seems like this issue has been resolved by both of you (meaning, Señor Ventura and Relikk).

A song begind to reproduce since the minute 0:00, to (for example) 2:53.

The first 13 seconds are the intro of the song, and after that 13 seconds begins the song itself. but when the song ends, instead of begin from the second 0:13 everytime the song ends, it begins from the second 0:00, playing allways even the intro, cutting off the sensation of being dinamic.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 15:12 by pev

Ok, the small intro in the track. I understand now. The audio track came like that for the TurboDuo release of DraculaX. Someone would have to edit the original song to make it more seamless to your liking. I think Relikk did that in his set. Again, my PCM set is just a straight rip from the original sources (no edits) as it was intended.
The good thing about the MSU patches and the other tools is that you can edit the PCMs yourself to your liking. It really is not that difficult to do, just time consuming.
For me, my PCM track is a preference. Anybody else can change/edit and make it their own (that is the fun part).

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 15:17 by Relikk

pepillopev wrote:I think Relikk did that in his set.

Yeah, I had to do a bit of "creative" editing to keep the original PCE intro music. I kept the pitch the same but warped it so it extended to the time that was needed.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 18:22 by Conn

Japp. If you create an own set, pev will certainly add it to the main post.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 20:00 by pev

Relikk wrote:Yeah, I had to do a bit of "creative" editing to keep the original PCE intro music

Now, that was an awesome intro - fits perfectly with the game. This is what I was talking about earlier; everyone puts in their own flair into these projects. I had to do a similar thing with Maria and Annette's rescue songs (Maria's is slower, Annette's is a little faster). Nevertheless, impressive audio work Relikk.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 18 Dec 2017 - 4:05 by Relikk

pepillopev wrote:Nevertheless, impressive audio work Relikk.

Thanks. I'm a Sound Engineer, so I'm used to dealing with DAW's. Effects and efficient looping, while still time consuming with regard to MSU1, are my speciality.

Back to top Go down

smokemonster

Post Thu 4 Jan 2018 - 12:40 by smokemonster

Thanks for the updates, everyone!

Relikk, what is the source of your soundtrack? I'm just trying to figure out what to title it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 4 Jan 2018 - 12:45 by Relikk

It's the PC Engine CD itself as I have a physical copy of it, but it also has the original PC Engine PSG music.

Back to top Go down

smokemonster

Post Thu 4 Jan 2018 - 14:52 by smokemonster

Very cool, thanks!

Back to top Go down

Joobakins

Post Tue 21 Aug 2018 - 11:06 by Joobakins

Trying to snag the PepilloPEV PCM but it won't download. Is there something wrong with the pack on box? Outstanding work btw Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 21 Aug 2018 - 13:48 by Conn

works for me, the problem probably is on your side.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 21 Aug 2018 - 13:51 by Relikk

Try mine. It's similar except for the PC-Engine PSG/PCM tracks (mine includes those, which really should be noted as it's the distinguishing feature of that pack). You can hear it here...

And here's a non-box link if you're having trouble with them: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouijAyXzdJ96ZDplDB

Last edited by Relikk on Tue 21 Aug 2018 - 13:57; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 21 Aug 2018 - 13:56 by kurrono

Hey Relikk u still doin beavis or no?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 21 Aug 2018 - 13:58 by Relikk

kurrono wrote:Hey Relikk u still doin beavis or no?

I have more tracks now, but I really don't want to play through it. Do you have a track map for it?

Back to top Go down

Joobakins

Post Tue 21 Aug 2018 - 14:41 by Joobakins

Relikk wrote:Try mine. It's similar except for the PC-Engine PSG/PCM tracks (mine includes those, which really should be noted as it's the distinguishing feature of that pack). You can hear it here...

And here's a non-box link if you're having trouble with them: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouijAyXzdJ96ZDplDB

Yeah I believe I'm having an issue with the box download. The link you sent me worked like a charm and sounds fantastic! Thank you for your help!

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 21 Aug 2018 - 14:55 by Relikk

Excellent. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 19 Sep 2018 - 6:11 by Dracula X fanboy

Is it possible for someone to just add their own choice of music into an MSU-1 with the right tools? if so, would that mean I could put the Dracula X chronicles Music into this?

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 19 Sep 2018 - 8:54 by pev

@Dracula X fanboy Sure, MSU1 PCMs are highly customizable to your tastes. Here is the link below to the General Forum discussion regarding this topic (explanation and making your own):

(explanation)
https://www.zeldix.net/t1607-msu-1-getting-started-guide
(youtube video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pDXdaWS9-Q

Only other option is if you can get someone else to make the PCM set for you. Much luck.

Back to top Go down

Rockslam

Post Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 22:54 by Rockslam

Hello people. is there any chance of leaving msu patch for the Japanese version, Akumajou Dracula XX? I find it more interesting because it does not have the censors that it had in the American.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 30 Sep 2018 - 14:18 by Conn

Here, I've ported the patch (attached).

However, the pcm numbers do not match, like the map is $23 in US version is $DB in the jap version (stage map).

Means you'd have to play through both games and find out the new corresponding pcm-number and rename e.g.
$23=dec 35: cdx-msu1-35.pcm into adx-msu1-219.pcm ($db=219)

Make a breakpoint with 2004, write in bsnes playing castlevaniaX msu1 version:

Castlevania - Dracula X - Page 3 Image221

You see when a breakpoint is hit in the lower byte the track number, here for the stage map A:9023.
The pcm theme is $23.
Then apply the attached adx-msu1.ips to your japanase version and do the same:

Castlevania - Dracula X - Page 3 Image222

The new pcm theme is $DB, so instead 35, the corresponding theme is 219

Attached is the patch that should work, if you are able to create and upload a pcm set with corrected name (adx-msu1-x.pcm), I'll post it at the first post with a readme.
Use the  Akumajou Dracula XX (J).smc rom with removed header prior to apply the patch
Attachments
Castlevania - Dracula X - Page 3 Attachment
adx-msu1.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 16:47 by pev

@RockSlam, @Conn I put up a track map list for both versions of Dracula X. The only one that needs to be filled out is Akumajou Dracula X (due to the different track assignments). The track list is posted at the top.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 17:09 by Conn

Nice, I put in my $db=219 finding for the map Very Happy
Thanks Pev

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 17:14 by pev

@Conn Not a problem. That should make it easier for Rockslam to associate the tracks.

Perhaps, I should do a batch file for all three sets when the mapping is done. This way, we don't have additional clutter of links (due to the mixed PCMs). The batch file would just rename the current PCM set to the JAP equivalents.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next