How to fix this with HM?

Go down

How to fix this with HM? Empty How to fix this with HM?

Post by Devan2002 Mon 18 Dec 2017 - 20:52

I don't know if someone asked this same question, but how do I fix this bug with Hyrule Magic? It seems like editing the palettes of the triforce, the dungeon map screen, or any other screens in the file select section of the game will cause this. How to fix this with HM? Aa_3_210
Devan2002
Devan2002

How to fix this with HM? Image213

Since : 2017-10-30

Back to top Go down

How to fix this with HM? Empty Re: How to fix this with HM?

Post by SunGodPortal Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 0:05

If I remember correctly this bug is caused by HM tacking extra data on to the end of the ROM without expanding it to the next size up, thereby giving it an unorthodox file size. It's only a problem on certain emulators and flash carts. You should be able to fix it by expanding the ROM to a larger size with a program like Lunar Expand (or by added the necessary number of bytes via hex editor).
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 7:15

Devan2002 wrote:I don't know if someone asked this same question, but how do I fix this bug with Hyrule Magic? It seems like editing the palettes of the triforce, the dungeon map screen, or any other screens in the file select section of the game will cause this.
You can not fix this ith HM, you need to expand the rom from the orthodox size to exactly 2MB, using a hex editor or Lunar Expand. Than the emu will be able to load your rom correctly and display the naming screen correctly.

SunGodPortal wrote:If I remember correctly this bug is caused by HM tacking extra data on to the end of the ROM without expanding it to the next size up, thereby giving it an unorthodox file size. It's only a problem on certain emulators and flash carts. You should be able to fix it by expanding the ROM to a larger size with a program like Lunar Expand (or by added the necessary number of bytes via hex editor).
Yes that's correct.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 7:17; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 7:52

This bug can be fixed? I thought almost any form of corruption from HM was practically irreversible?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Devan2002 Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 8:20

SunGodPortal wrote:If I remember correctly this bug is caused by HM tacking extra data on to the end of the ROM without expanding it to the next size up, thereby giving it an unorthodox file size. It's only a problem on certain emulators and flash carts. You should be able to fix it by expanding the ROM to a larger size with a program like Lunar Expand (or by added the necessary number of bytes via hex editor).

So ZSNES only shows it.
Devan2002
Devan2002

Since : 2017-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 10:24

So ZSNES only shows it.
ZSNES is sometimes capable of displaying the naming screen correctly despite the orthodox size, but snes9x can not and real hardware can not. So you might want to fix/expand the rom in any case, since this is not an emulator issue.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum