Super Mario Allstars MSU1 (finished)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Super Mario Allstars MSU1 (finished) Empty Super Mario Allstars MSU1 (finished)

Post by Conn Sat 23 Dec 2017 - 8:07

Project closed

https://www.zeldix.net/t1584-super-mario-allstars

So here's my Christmas present Very Happy

Non-Header US version, native Super Mario Allstars, means WITHOUT Super Mario World (this is covered by other hacks)

It is beta, so I assume a bit buggy and much maintainance, but I hope you can enjoy nevertheless Smile

If anybody wants to playtest/create a pcm set, here's how to map the tracks:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Conn on Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 21:51; edited 5 times in total
Conn
Conn

Super Mario Allstars MSU1 (finished) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Super Mario Allstars MSU1 (finished) Empty Re: Super Mario Allstars MSU1 (finished)

Post by smokemonster Tue 2 Jan 2018 - 9:54

What a great Xmas gift. Thanks!! Very Happy
smokemonster
smokemonster
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

Super Mario Allstars MSU1 (finished) Empty Re: Super Mario Allstars MSU1 (finished)

Post by kurrono Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 2:17

hey Conn check it out.. i finsihed the pcms,..but maybe is more.. not sure yet.. the link of my video here.
kurrono
kurrono

Super Mario Allstars MSU1 (finished) Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 8:07

Awesome, one bug I noticed:
When ascending to the underworld, the pcm repeats.
Can you list oddities you find?
If you made all tracks listed in the theme table, I see no problem

Overall I think the pcm:s are a tick too loud in comparison to the sfx.
Also, I do not like the SMB1 underworld theme 1-2, SMB3 title screen is also a bit odd.

Other than that, really awesome! Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 11:01

That underworld 1-2 was from that..remastered. on youtube..the title screen on smb3 yea it wasnt from remastered i can change that.
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 11:04

Yes i filled all pcms on the table u gave me..alli found it with ur cheating numbers ..changing music and adding pcms...it took me like 4 hrs to do it...when i started yesterday i had 23 pcms ready now its a lot more.
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 11:09

One more
1. Stage 1-2 on smb3 was playing smb3 1-1 music ..i fixed it.
2.if u noticed on video de Pick a box mushroom house,the music is wrong..is playing level complete.song..it has do with bank,switching A or Y registers.
3.last one is the Life playing bonus where u can get 5 lives getting a star built..well is playing star music...bank problem too ..
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 12:38

Alright K, please redownload patch from first post in this thread

- fixed theme 13 to non-loop in SMB1 (regular overworld with same prelude is 02)
- hopefully fixed the SMB3 music bank issue
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 13:01

Thanks Conn Very Happy
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 13:41

Hey Conn i already the 2 songs u dont like..now im working in normalizing songs..u fixed the problem..
Great work Conn Smile
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 18:27

Nice Very Happy
guess this project is finished soon, also much thanks to you! Wink

IoG is at 1 hour finished of 2.5 hours in the speedrun I use as a solution. So next project is on the run. Then I take care of DKC3 and pester ArcadeTV because of Demons Crest Razz
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 18:40

Yes Conn u did like 7 games for me..i got to pay u back in some ..way is cool Conn ..thanks for all those hack..now i got to finish normalizing..13 more and ill upload in google drive.
replacing the old ones Very Happy
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Conn Wed 10 Jan 2018 - 19:51

Not sure I understand your problem so I recommend spending some time studying Kurrono's themelist:

Themelist:

I indexed the native number (nt) by adding a specific hex value (it), since the track e.g., 05 is used in all SMB but playing a different theme (of course).
So for example the level music bank of smb3 is indexed with $60, so track 05 (Koopa battle) is indexed track $65. For pcm you need to convert it to dec (dt) then, so your pcm is sma_msu1-101.pcm
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Wed 10 Jan 2018 - 22:27

Easy to explain smb and lost levels:
1 to 21
smb2
33 to 51
smb3
65 to 120
and title screen intro and game select is
129 to 130
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahzadan Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 13:28

I tested this on my SD2SNES and I noticed that the SPC main theme still plays in the background while the MSU1 theme is playing while on the game selection screen. Anyone else having this issue?
Rahzadan
Rahzadan
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2015-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 13:55

Rahzadan wrote:I tested this on my SD2SNES and I noticed that the SPC main theme still plays in the background while the MSU1 theme is playing while on the game selection screen. Anyone else having this issue?

I can confirm that. That's a weird one.
Relikk
Relikk

Super Mario Allstars MSU1 (finished) Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 14:20

hm, I rechecked the code, it went quite complex and I don't know if I can figure that bug out (no debugger, as emulator work).
Can you delete pcm:s 129 and 130 (so you only have spc) and then check which spc is played when? Is it the first menu track after the chatter that starts playing at the logo and continues playing at game select, or is it really the game select theme playing starting after the game logo? Maybe a short video would be nice (taken with msu1 on, but without 129,130 so that the spc is not covered).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 14:38

sd2snes is unfortunately try&error, and I do not own one.

I tinkered a bit, and below patch has a good chance that the issue is fixed, could you try?
Attachments
Super Mario Allstars MSU1 (finished) Attachment
sma_sd2snesfix.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 14:46

Conn wrote:sd2snes is unfortunately try&error, and I do not own one.

Confused Confused Confused

What? That is a damn shame, maybe we need to crowdfund you one or something...
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 15:02

Conn wrote:I tinkered a bit, and below patch has a good chance that the issue is fixed, could you try?

No joy.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 15:15

What? That is a damn shame, maybe we need to crowdfund you one or something...
Haha* thanks... but no thanks Smile I do not play games and if I had a sd2snes it means more work since I everytime need to check my codes also on sd2snes and not only emulators Razz

No joy.
Too bad. Seems like I really need a video or something to know exactly what is going on where to have a chance. Delete the pcm 129 and 130 (or use mute, empty tracks) and start the game with msu on, so that I know where which spc is played exactly.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 5:38

I asked Kurrono to counter check and here's what he found:
Oh oh at 1st is muted..but if you leave it as demo play..when it comesback the title screen it does play spc...
This sounds different from your finding where you talk about spc playing in the game select (without demo whatching first)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 5:54

Yeah I had the opposite experience. The SPC plays along with the PCM the first time after boot, then when it comes back to the title screen after the demo the SPC doesn't play, only the PCM. The process repeats like that, alternating between playing and not playing.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 6:10

It's really completely strange. But honestly, I need a better description if I get no video. There are 2 menu tracks, the logo after chatter and the game select.
Rahzadan speaks about the game select, your last phrase sounds like the logo theme bugs. Then it is possible that the logo theme plays at the game select...
I triple and quadro checked the code, it looks alright, so I have no clue where sd2snes gets it spc play command from.

Oh and all of you play with the same patch, right and the US version of SMAllstars without SMW or such.
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/sma_msu1_patch.zip
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next