Boss rooms closer to the entrance

Go down

Boss rooms closer to the entrance

Post by wizzrobemaster on Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 17:53

Is it better for dungeons to have the boss room closer to the entrance to make the game less tedious?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Boss rooms closer to the entrance

Post by SunGodPortal on Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 19:07

Why don't you try it and find out?
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by BuckyLuis on Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 23:37

check out quest744 zelda classic
they have alot of warps to the boss room.. i guess like links awakening had that right?
and this dungeon #2 has the boss room right by the entrance

(not my vid)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4fAKg1QJks

BuckyLuis
Bee
Bee

Since : 2017-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster on Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 0:05

Unfortunately, the warps in this game are coded where it is not possible to execute this. The best alternative would be to redesign the dungeons in which you have use the "move wall to the left or right" feature in the room, but the tile size minimum is still pretty big. Unless this community grows, I doubt we will se an asm of this feature. Ganon's Tower and the Ice Temple are probably the most difficult to add short cuts. Turtle Rock has several entrances, one of which is fairly close to the boss. Thieve's Hideout is not that far from the boss and is pretty easy so a warp there is not necessary. Skull Woods is not that bad either. Temple of Darkness and the Water Shrine are somewhat long, but not that much of an issue. Misery Mire can be a little annoying. Ganon's Tower and the Ice Temple take the longest when it comes to reaching the boss (bomb jumping does not count).

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum