Super Mario All-Stars

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Super Mario All-Stars - Page 2 Empty Super Mario All-Stars

Patch

Patchv6 (16-Feb-2019) chime ending fix, 2nd:
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/sma_msu1_patch.zip

Mirror: https://mega.nz/file/0CtnAAqa#j1_eqP6Ev-PkPfYrLNjtsIGGrps1f9oyHRRH4Tt-AWU

PCM Sets

JUD6MENT SMA Orchestral set v7 (July 25th, 2023 Update):
Code:
DOWNLOAD:
https://mega.nz/file/kiVT1KYb#_tb4bTfmityif2AU61Qts5ZhI74j6Kc34NN4ThFsiic

MIRROR LINK:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xf9nv362pe43ktk/Mario_All_Star_by_JUD6MENT_2023_update.zip/file
YouTube Preview

PCM set by Enmet v2:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14xlFpxFA1eRBlyONOTL7R4Pu7W6azKH-/view

NES Stereo PCM set by Relikk:
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmougfdXEOvQgs9L7wvKlg

PCM set by Kurrono v7 (fixed track 71 and others):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/qrAUjKLS#4DMxE_BUqmHQ46VI1lo7GJfkc5dkldqQj6J48Qt0xo4

Description: This patch works on US Version of non-headered Super Mario Allstars WITHOUT Super Mario World (SMW is covered by other hacks).

Last edited by Conn on Mon 11 Oct 2021 - 9:43; edited 34 times in total
Conn
Conn

Super Mario All-Stars - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-07-01

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Super Mario All-Stars :: Comments

Conn

Post Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 11:26 by Conn

Alright, updated the pcm and video in the first post, thanks Smile

Btw: if you need to update the pcm:s you can simply update the current google drive folder, then the link will stay the same.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 11:44 by Shiryu

3.2.3 1114

I am sure however his is codec related. I use AAC for sound, I will mess about with that option and see if it happens. It is usually with the coins high-pitch pickup sound, since it also happened on "Super Mario World" a few months back.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 12:01 by kurrono

In dropbox it worked..but google drive didnt did that..i had 2 same name uploaded i had to delete the old one

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 1:55 by samus12345

I highly recommend using the brick fix patch as well to correct the wonky brick smashing physics in SMB and Lost Levels:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/167

Back to top Go down

Enmet

Post Thu 18 Jan 2018 - 19:50 by Enmet

Been working on this for a while but I couldn't find enough resources to finalize it. Only a few tracks are missing though so I'd consider it mostly complete.

Feel free to use any of these tracks in your own pack.

Note that the video has a lot of bugs in it, starting off with the title theme being doubled. Sometimes the 'Select Game' music plays in double with the title theme. Thsi video is recorded from a Rev. F SD2SNES and SNES Jr. I did not have these bugs in BSNES.

Also note that there are a few things with the patch that needs to be address, such as the music not stopping when the lights goes out in the title screen.

You can find the PCM pack here.

Last edited by Enmet on Fri 19 Jan 2018 - 17:59; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : updated link)

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 19 Jan 2018 - 0:03 by Conn

Thanks for your effort, that's really a nice choice Smile . However I cannot post your pcm set until all themes are complete.
You can take some of Kurrono's set to fill the gaps if you like.

has a lot of bugs in it
if you redownload the patch from the first post, the bug on title screen should be gone as well the buzz when save&quit. You need a SMB1 title screen music to avoid the buzz there.
Cannot say much more about sd2snes select theme - if it is solved by that, fine... if not you may need to live with that. sd2snes has no debugger, thus there's little I can do Sad

Let me know which bugs persist, it's hard to watch videos lurking for one occuring (better give me a list and the time in the video I shall watch), and I will see what I can do. For some stuff, like the mute at 16:11 I have no explanation.
Oh and the level preview plays music while it is mute on native. I find it better to have level music in the preview.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 19 Jan 2018 - 15:26 by Conn

Fixed also another bug, that buzz when you get to the end of a SMB1 level.
Download v3 in first post.
Please let me know which bugs still persist, I will try to fix them but, as said sd2snes stuff are impossible to trace so I need to "guess"...

Back to top Go down

Enmet

Post Fri 19 Jan 2018 - 17:58 by Enmet

Thank you for your feedback. The silence in 16:11 is because I was missing the sound effect for the 3-card bonus.

I finalized my pack using a couple of fillers from Kurrono's, ty for that!

The new version works well, I think the issue I was having is because I had v1 of the patch on my SD2SNES and v2 in BSNES. I've not done any longer play-testing, only tested it out on the surface.

I also cleaned up a few things, such as the themelist.txt. The themelist now explains all tracks but one (sma_msu1-81, perhaps an unused sound effect, I don't know), but I replicated a track for it. There were also some errors in the fillers that I fixed (track 50 and 51 having the same sound although it's only for 51).

It's not perfect so I might do a revision of this in the future, but it's complete and a pretty good pack I think. =)

I updated the link my first post. The video is still relevant for a taste, but keep in mind that the bugs shown there are already patched.

Link here

Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 19 Jan 2018 - 18:31 by Conn

Much thanks Very Happy
I linked to your set in the first post now.

Kurrono, in your pack the following theme from SMB2 is missing:
0B     2B      43      no       full stage completed
(pcm-43) - maybe you can just copy/paste Enmets Razz

I think I was able to fix most sd2snes buzzes in v3. If any bugs persist, let me know, I'll try my best to fix then Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 1:09 by darthvaderx

Enmet wrote:Thank you for your feedback. The silence in 16:11 is because I was missing the sound effect for the 3-card bonus.

I finalized my pack using a couple of fillers from Kurrono's, ty for that!

The new version works well, I think the issue I was having is because I had v1 of the patch on my SD2SNES and v2 in BSNES. I've not done any longer play-testing, only tested it out on the surface.

I also cleaned up a few things, such as the themelist.txt. The themelist now explains all tracks but one (sma_msu1-81, perhaps an unused sound effect, I don't know), but I replicated a track for it. There were also some errors in the fillers that I fixed (track 50 and 51 having the same sound although it's only for 51).

It's not perfect so I might do a revision of this in the future, but it's complete and a pretty good pack I think. =)

I updated the link my first post. The video is still relevant for a taste, but keep in mind that the bugs shown there are already patched.

Link here

Enjoy!

Excellent choice of songs, but their volume is very loud and I barely hear the other sound effects (Snes9x 1.55).

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 1:51 by kurrono

Normalize them
.with audacity..only the pcm will be converted to wav reduce the -db..3 to 8..and convert the .wav to .pcm.. is not that hard Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 2:25 by Conn

updated first post with Kurrono's v3 pack that includes theme 43. Thanks Smile

Last edited by Conn on Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 3:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 3:08 by pev

Conn, taking the easy way (adjusted your asm LDA #$FF for STA $2006 to around #$40 works - perfect emulator volume, can hear the sfx fine now). Where else is the audio affected in your asm (when I pause the volume boosts back up). I really do not want to go the normalizing every track route.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 3:12 by pev

Never mind, Conn, I followed your code descriptions and figured it out.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 3:24 by Conn

I made a description? Ohmygod
I'm one of the laziest people around when it comes to documentation, but great you figured out! Very Happy

In Enmet's video, the balance was good, so I guess he didn't boost his sd2snes. Better is updating the firmware to  0.1.7e, since "h" the boost is preadjusted.

I hope Enmet will nevertheless re-release his set with normalized pcm:s to the FF standard; making 2 patches is old fashion and makes the whole stuff even more complicated than it already is.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 3:27 by pev

Well, you labeled the routines pertaining to what their purpose was for (no guesswork needed, lol). Anyway, adjusting the asm was just my quick fix. Re-normalizing pcms is a lot of work. I'm just not in the mood of doing it at the moment.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 3:31 by kurrono

Hey guys ...ur my best hackers here..i know u dont want hack no more ..but please... i thought Pev was somebody else..y bad. I didnt reas good bro...oh and sf2 turbo i did put Lda #$FF like Lda #$2f.. lowest

i was too lazy to normalize that...

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 3:31 by pev

I wonder if qwerty's json method can be used to normalize all the song's at once? It sucks doing it one by one in Audacity, Soundforge, etc.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 3:37 by Conn

Ah I see. Good that I do not label with label1, label2, label3 Razz
*joking

I just testet Enmet's pcm:s and they are indeed to loud, making me think he normalized them to an outdated sd2snes firmware. It's better he makes the work himself since he already has all loop-points. Your quick-fix is good for those who know what they can do Very Happy

Dunno about qwerty's json method. Let's see what Enmet says

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 3:46 by kurrono

Guys an,asm hacker on youtube released apatch for umk3 with cool features..better than juggernauts....now classic sub has his friendship

snow man in the box...plus shang tsung can morph to robo and human smoke... u,seee the magic of asm...its awesome

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 4:07 by pev

I figured out a way to normalize a batch of wav files with Audacity. Now to figure out a way to do a batch conversion from wav to pcm at once. I have the audio normalized but I'll give enmet an opportunity to do it his way (don't like intruding into other people's work).

Back to top Go down

Enmet

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 12:40 by Enmet

I'm on a SD2SNES Rev. F, so I need to boost it myself to be able to hear it. But it's a really good point to have emulator as a reference instead because it's probably going to be more accurate.

I don't mind if you balance out the audio, feel free to do so. I'm still fairly new to all this. Also I have boosted the audio in the SD2SNES configuration but the audio still needs a boost for it to be balanced, but as I said, I should not use my SD2SNES as a reference in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 16:09 by pev

In this case, you are correct, my friend. It is better to get the volume balanced to the max volume level (Conn's FF standard reference).

What sucks is all the different hardware revisions of Sd2Snes out there. Everyone has their own preferred firmware to get their own preferred volume setting. At least you Sd2Snes users know what to do to get things done your way.

Thats the 2nd thing that scares me in buying one. The 1st is the high price tag. For now, my poor SNES console can stay in the attic. I'll stick to my Linux Mac Mini emulator box using my PS3 controllers to play.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 17:27 by Conn

That's qwerty's standard actually. Some firmware has it that you need to boost your audio:
Firmware v0.1.7 ff: choose Configuration-> Chip Options and set the msu1 boost to +12dBFS

But I heard that Ikari made it in some version so that it is automatically boosted (I can't remember who said this, and I have in mind that it was rev. "H" - but the latest version I found was "E" so I thought this to be the latest... well if Enmet uses "F" it clearly isn't Confused )

The good thing about sd2snes is that Ikari wants to make it as user-friendly as possible (which I cannot claim for the higans). So the auto boost is a good thing, since all stuff are to FF standard.

Anyways, PEV, are you going to normalize Enmet tracks then if you have time? They are of little use only in the current state...

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 19:50 by pev

Actually, I did them last night but, they are still a little loud. I have to find the right balance (compared to the original spc audio and sfx). Only, thing is, I like playing through the whole game in its entirety (to ensure quality). That bad part, it will take me a little longer to release a proper 'normalized' set.

It is easier now that I found a way to normalize multiple files at once. I will try to release them tonight (US CST time). If not, no later than tomorrow evening. But they will get done.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next