Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2) Empty Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2)

Patch (v6 21th June 24 - mana holyland fixed):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/4j5yQCiY#WoVekp2JkcjPKcrbnFpbNXWeSyiS-euMccGaTywHBeo
Note:
Apply on japanese Seiken Densetsu 3 (or already pre-translated) rom. The patch is compatible with all translation patches. An English, German and Spanish translation patch can be found in the patch folder!
It also works with Trials of Mana

OST PCM Set by RedScorpion: *
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!6uYjRTaD!X2OJ_w5wkvk2wxo8A-n7qtURjpB5laptDt0aM7wNkgE
Remastered PCM Set by RedScorpion:
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!rq4mgbzQ!Pc0_0C2m9SpNaNNLM9YlV1PP9-pJ1Pm9cSkXE5Hx6RM
Correct Theme 75:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10TkcoiKvT7-m5ixE1T3eDer01U8TI3pz/view?usp=sharing]som2_msu-75.pcm

SeikenDensetsu3 - Songs of Light and Darkness by OC ReMix / PCM Set by darthvaderx (v3: pcm 75 corrected)
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JrpoAovKnxKh7W3xWvdMp5TH6aOu_qUa/view?usp=sharing

Trials of Mana Remake (Unreal Engine (switch, PS4)) by emuandco
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/ZyBFBb7R#-3uHAqePN3Vr1KdSx-gvbSCk_XDGG8sekzHLEbDnymk
YouTube Preview

*Note to Red's pcm pack:
1) Download first the OST set (SOM2_OST.zip) and unpack the pcm:s into your msu folder. Not all 75 tracks have been remastered, so this is the base pcm set which consists of (high quality) spc resembling pcm themes.
2) Download the Remastered set (SOM2_Remastered.zip) and unpack the files into your msu folder by replacing the existing themes (35 remastered tracks were found, but many of the remaining spc resembling themes are sfx anyways, so a big part could be covered).
3) Theme 75 was was mapped wrong, use the single download pcm and overwrite the existing with this one

Last edited by Conn on Mon 11 Mar 2024 - 15:09; edited 37 times in total
Conn
Conn

Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2) :: Comments

RedScorpion

Post Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 3:10 by RedScorpion

Hey guys,

regarding the pcm:s. All spc=ost tracks are from a high quality source. So, not only a dump of the rom spcs...

Thanks

red

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 4 Feb 2018 - 17:48 by Shiryu

Video up!

A curious bug I stumbled on latest bsnes+, unsure if it was reported already: Regardless of main character you pick, after their introductory Mode 7 scene, the game reverts back to the main menu. Does not happen with snes9x v1.55.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 4 Feb 2018 - 19:02 by Conn

I just tested with bsnes+ 73 (that one that doesn't require xml) and got to this scene without problems, but also didn't play further. Did you reach this scene after the intro mode7?
Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2) Som2_m10

If not it's really strange....
Anybody can try and tell us the experience?

Hold on, I get the same problem, suddenly.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 4 Feb 2018 - 19:18 by Shiryu

Nope, neither of the characters prologue loaded, it reverted back to the start menu. I am using bsnes v073+3a compiled on January 17 2018, using the 1.01 English translation patch.

Glad you caught it and managed to replicate it, I had never seen this behaviour on any patched game ever.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 4 Feb 2018 - 19:25 by Conn

Found out why: the xml corrupted the addresses, luckily it is not needed anymore so I simply removed it from the package Very Happy

Delete the xml in your msu folder and your bug should be gone Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 4 Feb 2018 - 19:31 by Shiryu

Good going.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 4 Feb 2018 - 19:34 by Conn

My easiest bug fix ever Razz
I assumed something like this. The first time I loaded it worked (I play without pcm, mute usually to see whether spc is playing and such). Then I renamed from som_msu1.sfc to som_msu.sfc to hear music, and thus the xml got involved. Since pcm playing could not be the reason... Wink

Nice videos, enjoying both smw2 and som2 at the moment, thanks for them Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 4 Feb 2018 - 19:37 by Shiryu

Awaiting for PepilloPEV to finish his Final Fight 2 PCM pack, will then submit news to Go Nintendo and write up an article for Nintendo Life as per usual.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 10 Feb 2018 - 5:17 by Special-Man

I did a quick test with the German translation v2.03.
As stated, this MSU hack seems to work fine with it as well.
Thank you.

Last edited by Special-Man on Sat 8 Dec 2018 - 17:36; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Mar 2018 - 21:36 by Drakonas

Wanted to post to report that the link for the PCM files is dead.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 30 Apr 2018 - 19:55 by SandmanLobo

I think I found a bug? The victory music that is supposed to play when you defeat a boss does not play; instead the game goes silent. I've defeated 4 bosses at the moment and the problem seems persistent throughout all of them.

If this helps, I'm currently playing the game patched with a translation on Snes9x-gtk for Linux.

Here's an example of the music that was supposed to play (It starts at 2:13):

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 30 Apr 2018 - 20:27 by Conn

Since this is the only location and all sfx work, I assume this is a forgotten pcm track.

But I don't know the game at all. Do you happen to make a geiger snes 1.51 savestate right before the boss explodes? alternatively, a bsnes v73+ savestate could also help (but I experienced some compatibilty problems, so Geiger is better).
I could also handle a srm file but then I need to have a detailed description how to get to the boss.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 1 May 2018 - 0:47 by SandmanLobo

Conn wrote:Do you happen to make a geiger snes 1.51 savestate right before the boss explodes?

Sorry for the long delay. It took me a while to get geiger snes to work. Here's the link for the save.

Maybe it's worth mentioning that since the geiger snes doesn't recognize msu, the music played as expected when the boss was defeated.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 1 May 2018 - 6:20 by Conn

Yes, I have my tricks to trace msu stuff with Geiger.

There's a good chance I fixed that issue. I made a security check. Please redownload and reapply v2 patch from first post. I cross fingers that it works now (and no other side effects occur through the fix) Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 1 May 2018 - 10:01 by SandmanLobo

Yes. The music is playing as expected now. Thank you!

And since I am no longer lurking, let me say that I really appreciate what you guys have done for all these games. It's amazing work.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 1 May 2018 - 12:48 by Conn

Perfect Smile Much thanks for finding and reporting that bug. As said, I hope my fix doesn't cause other problems (that may happen), but I think it is safe.
Also thanks for your appreciation!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 24 May 2019 - 20:15 by darthvaderx

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 29 May 2019 - 0:52 by darthvaderx

I've been checking the OST PCM Set by RedScorpion and I've observed these three details:

-PCMs 28 and 62 are the same ('Meridian Child' theme).

-PCMs 63 and 75 are the same ('Legend' theme).

-The 'Reincarnation' theme (OST#58) is missing. What would be the PCM number of this track?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 29 May 2019 - 16:19 by Conn

I only develop patches and am not into creating pcm:s at all, so I'm not of much help. Regarding the frequency red visits this forum you probably should try a pm or mail.

Finding the number of 58, if red didn't make a tracklist you must try with bsnes debugger $2004 write hook

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 21:28 by pev

It seems that the SD3 patch works with Trials of Mana (the official SoM2 release of the rom pulled from the Switch Mana collection in English). Just did a basic test. So far, it seems ok.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 22:08 by Polargames

pepillopev wrote:It seems that the SD3 patch works with Trials of Mana (the official SoM2 release of the rom pulled from the Switch Mana collection in English). Just did a basic test. So far, it seems ok.

Sweet, awesome to here that a hack can also work on a new current game. Very Happy even if its just a small test so far.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 16 Jun 2019 - 14:39 by darthvaderx

pepillopev wrote:It seems that the SD3 patch works with Trials of Mana (the official SoM2 release of the rom pulled from the Switch Mana collection in English). Just did a basic test. So far, it seems ok.

Unfortunately in some parts it runs out of music. (Ex: After sleeping in some inn or after level up.)

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 16 Jun 2019 - 15:18 by Conn

Unfortunately in some parts it runs out of music. (Ex: After sleeping in some inn or after level up.)
In only the Trials version or as well in normal SD3?

were you able too trace the number of The 'Reincarnation' theme (OST#58)? Guess you need out yourself with bsnes and breakpoint at 2004 (write hook) to find out this particulat theme and which Red used here.

Edit:
I checked the code (hex comparison). The hooks do not differ at all (checked the american and german version, but I assume, this is valid as well for spanish, french and english.
As for the sleeping/inn/levelup, I'd need a bsnes savestate before this happens. I hardly remember the game but am willing to advance the code to work with this ToM as well.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 16 Jun 2019 - 17:26 by darthvaderx

Hello, only Trials, SD3 works perfect, I'll send them my rom for you to test (with a surprise along). Could you also give me a tutorial on how to handle BSnes / breakpoint / etc? lastly I also find strange the repeated PCM tracks:

28 = 62
63 = 75
72 = 73

Another bug I found in Trials, when you load a saved game, the music of this screen continues until you change location.

Edit:Correcting, this happens also with SD3,I tested it on BSNES and it contains the same problems.

Last edited by darthvaderx on Sun 16 Jun 2019 - 21:23; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next