Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2) - Page 2 Empty Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2)

Patch (v6 21th June 24 - mana holyland fixed):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/4j5yQCiY#WoVekp2JkcjPKcrbnFpbNXWeSyiS-euMccGaTywHBeo
Note:
Apply on japanese Seiken Densetsu 3 (or already pre-translated) rom. The patch is compatible with all translation patches. An English, German and Spanish translation patch can be found in the patch folder!
It also works with Trials of Mana

OST PCM Set by RedScorpion: *
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!6uYjRTaD!X2OJ_w5wkvk2wxo8A-n7qtURjpB5laptDt0aM7wNkgE
Remastered PCM Set by RedScorpion:
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!rq4mgbzQ!Pc0_0C2m9SpNaNNLM9YlV1PP9-pJ1Pm9cSkXE5Hx6RM
Correct Theme 75:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10TkcoiKvT7-m5ixE1T3eDer01U8TI3pz/view?usp=sharing]som2_msu-75.pcm

SeikenDensetsu3 - Songs of Light and Darkness by OC ReMix / PCM Set by darthvaderx (v3: pcm 75 corrected)
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JrpoAovKnxKh7W3xWvdMp5TH6aOu_qUa/view?usp=sharing

Trials of Mana Remake (Unreal Engine (switch, PS4)) by emuandco
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/ZyBFBb7R#-3uHAqePN3Vr1KdSx-gvbSCk_XDGG8sekzHLEbDnymk
YouTube Preview

*Note to Red's pcm pack:
1) Download first the OST set (SOM2_OST.zip) and unpack the pcm:s into your msu folder. Not all 75 tracks have been remastered, so this is the base pcm set which consists of (high quality) spc resembling pcm themes.
2) Download the Remastered set (SOM2_Remastered.zip) and unpack the files into your msu folder by replacing the existing themes (35 remastered tracks were found, but many of the remaining spc resembling themes are sfx anyways, so a big part could be covered).
3) Theme 75 was was mapped wrong, use the single download pcm and overwrite the existing with this one

Last edited by Conn on Mon 11 Mar 2024 - 15:09; edited 37 times in total
Conn
Conn

Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2) - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2) :: Comments

Polargames

Post Sun 16 Jun 2019 - 21:07 by Polargames

@darthvaderx, Hello. For Secret of mana 2 you would need the bsnes debug which a google search can help you find. Then when you have that up and running then you go into the settings and click on the debug. When you do another screen will show up and you click on the first tab in the top left condor of the second screen. That should give a drop down list where you would see breakpoint. Click on that. Now a third box show show. You write in the first $2004 and then you check on the empty box by the x. When you have that done you start the game and the second box should give you a line of pink numbers, thats what you want. The number should be the second one listed. I hope that helps

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 0:46 by darthvaderx

Thanks for the tip, but seeing a video on Youtube I discovered that this track has little relevance in the game (too short), RedScorpion must have reached the same conclusion, then we leave it aside. But I have a new set ready to be released, but as long as they do not solve the problems of lack of music in various parts of the game I will not do it, OK?

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 1:49 by Polargames

@darthvaderx, Your very welcome and that is fine. Your more then welcome to hold on to your pcms as long as you want. I understand you concern, but I would like to point out though that sometimes these issues happen and Red Scorpion along with the rest of our asm hackers can and do as much as they can in there free time, and at times though the game no mater how hard they code, just will not give them a break. With that said, I do hope you would reconsider about your pcms, but I am in no way trying to force you at all. It will still be cool if you want to hold on to them. I hope you have a great week :-D

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 1:50 by Conn

got your pm but I need a savestate, where the bugs happen.

Best is if you could do this on geiger snes9x debugger, I can deal with bsnes, but geiger is better (though it is spc, I can debug msu much easier there).

http://geigercount.net/crypt/gsd/snes9x1.51.ep10r2.7z

Just send me the .000, 001 files and I'll see what I can do.

So the continue bug happens with Som2 as well, but the inn/level up only in ToM?

Edit: Don't mind for now, I have what I need. (I am proud getting to the inn for haveing played this game no longer than 2 minutes until now).

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 6:05 by darthvaderx

All two games have the same sound bugs.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 8:14 by Conn

Ok:
Patch (v3 17th June 19 - Inn sleeping fixed fixed):
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/som2_msu1_patch.zip

It was lot of tinkering and I hope I didn't make things worse.
If you download, check that the patch size is 497kb and the change date is 17th june. If it isn't you must clear your browser history and try again.

I was able to fix the inn sleeping bug (and hopefully the upgrade and such stuff as well).

I was NOT able to fix the continue bug, this only happens in bsnes, so you must use snes9x when playing this patch (here it does not happen). Sorry. This was hard to trace and it seems like bsnes does not accept the spc mute I used. I tried hard but no success.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 11:17 by darthvaderx

Okay, I'll test now and the good news is also that the authors have authorized me to release their soundtrack here, so if there is not any obstacle I'll soon be making the set available.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 13:01 by darthvaderx

I use the last snes9x git and the continue bug also occurs and now after leveling up, its theme continues until there is a area change or a new event happens.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 14:06 by pev

darthvaderx wrote:I use the last snes9x git and the continue bug also occurs and now after leveling up, its theme continues until there is a area change or a new event happens.
In most cases, you have to redo the whole scenario and not use a save state or last used in game srm save file file; as it may contain old patch code. Reapply the patch on a clean ROM and replay back to that point w/o using a savestate or previous in-game save (ie, delete old srm file). Then report back.

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 14:09; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 14:08 by darthvaderx

Yes, I have done all this and the result was the same.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 14:09 by pev

darthvaderx wrote:Yes, I have done all this and the result was the same.
Did you delete the old srm file?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 14:12 by darthvaderx

Yes, I also did the test with a brand new snes9x and gave the same result.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 14:37 by darthvaderx

Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2) - Page 2 4jbybg12

It's with great satisfaction and celebrating the official release of Seiken Desentsu 3 in the West that I bring you this wonderful soundtrack: 'Seiken Densetsu 3 - Songs of Light and Darkness' by OC ReMix.
There are several remixes from various artists collected by OverClocked ReMix website and released as an album.
Finally all the tracks were normalized and edited to fit the game better (you can not even imagine how I edited the opening theme, It was all pure luck) and maybe some songs fit better in some moments and others not so much, there goes of the taste of each one.
I hope you enjoy all the work.

Seiken Densetsu 3 -  Songs of Light and Darkness by OC ReMix

Last edited by darthvaderx on Tue 18 Jun 2019 - 2:31; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 14:46 by pev

@darthvaderx Thanks for the OST contribution. Posted at the top.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 15:45 by Conn

I may look tomorrow into it again, figuring out a better mute, like hard mute in the apu.

It's not my main passion anymore to hack these games, so wish me motivation (I still have the old patch preserved).

Does the inn work? As I tried to explain previously I f* don't know this game at all. It was sheer luck I found an inn... with the ability to sleep there. Go home visit the king and whatever this game burdens you with before you can spend the night there.

A whichever savestate for level up would also help Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 15:57 by darthvaderx

the inn fix works completely, tomorrow I'll test the rest of the game with the emulator you indicated.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 16:27 by Conn

Ah, I know why the level up does not work: it is set to 03, loop. If I change it to 01 it would work but this is not possible as it has to loop.
Finding a hard mute will fix all issues, wish me luck

And don't bother with testing, it makes no sense if you play a buggy game. Better wait until I come up with a better patch. So you won't have to test twice.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 17 Jun 2019 - 19:02 by Conn

I will look into the continue once again, but the hard mute is hard to archive... at least I didn't succeed with my usual technique.
I am however able to code an exception for the level up I think. Can you give me the number of the pcm in hex?

Edit:
Oh my... I know why the continue has issues. The track is saved in the srm Confused
So if you play in msu, the spc track is saved as 00, thus you don't get a track change. I'll look what I can do to fix this.

If you give me the pcm for level up in hex I think I am able to fix both...

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 18 Jun 2019 - 0:47 by darthvaderx

Is that it?

som2_msu-65.hex

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 18 Jun 2019 - 2:28 by darthvaderx

Notes:

1) In the rush to finish the set, I forgot to mention that I used some RedScorpion PCMs to complete it (where the new tracks are not available), I will update the readme.txt to mention where I used such PCMs.

2) About the 'Reincarnation' theme, I suspect it is between PCMs 76 to 80 because although they are listed in the manifest.bml, there are no tracks reported to them in the RedScorpion set .

3) Finally, a weird thing, I like all my MSU-1 sets compressed in the mercurial format (.msu1), but the only one that did not work until now was the patched Trials of Mana (SD3 works perfectly) always gives unsupported zip warning. Curious, isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 18 Jun 2019 - 3:34 by Conn

Ok, I fixed the continue bug (at least I think so), again clear browser history and download
Patch (v3 18th June 19 - Continue fixed):
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/som2_msu1_patch.zip
patch size 517 bytes)

Is that it?
som2_msu-65.hex
more or less. Computers think think in bytes which are hex, so track 65 is hex 41 (<- that was the number I asked for).
I made an exception for this track, but wasn't able to test it (since I do still have no savestate where we have a level-up).

So it's up to you to test whether v3 fixed this as well.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 18 Jun 2019 - 3:46 by Conn

Gosh* forgot to upload it to the server Ohmygod
Clear browser history, download, check the ips patch size being 517 bytes Woot!!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 18 Jun 2019 - 4:19 by Conn

Please redownload, found a bug (I finally got the level up), but forgot to disable a flag, so the old patch may have problems with sd2snes.

New patch size is 519 bytes

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 18 Jun 2019 - 5:38 by darthvaderx

All of these problems mentioned above have been solved, however, another bug:

No music sound in Astolia, encounter with the fairy:

som2_msu-39.pcm

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 18 Jun 2019 - 5:43 by Conn

Sorry but here I definitely need a savestate!

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next