Correct Minish Cap Link and Zelda

Go down

Correct Minish Cap Link and Zelda Empty Correct Minish Cap Link and Zelda

Correct Minish Cap Link and Zelda Minish_Screen_2 Correct Minish Cap Link and Zelda Min_Zelda_Screen_3

Seems like there's some confusion regarding the Minish Link and Minish Zelda sprite hacks.

So here are all versions of them with correct credits.

MINISH LINK

Initial gfx edits were all made by Ghillie, but there were some faults, and moegami corrected some pals, later I corrected some gfx hand-drawings which were from the old sprite and this is that version:
http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Minish_gfx+edit.ips

But then I also made further edits: some additional gfx changed in the game (which is not only the main sprite), txt edits and bug fixes, such as when receiving gloves, false colour will go onto the sprite, initially to colour the hands/gloves, but in custom sprites it will go to unwanted colour.

Thus the final version is:
http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Zelda3_Minish_Cap_Link.zip

This version is fully playable, as opposed to the old version, which is supposed to be hacker's resource.

Full credits are thus: Ghillie (main sprite gfx), Moegami (pal edits), Puzzledude (gfx editing, txt edits, debug).

------------------------------

MINISH ZELDA

Ninjagamer had an idea to surprize his girlfriend with the Minish Zelda in ALTTP, but he was a novice and could not do it, despite our verbal help. Then SePH decided to make this for him.

The result was this (old version)
http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Minish%20Cap%20Zelda%20edit.ips

Then Ninjagamer made some txt edits to match things.

But this was again more like a hacker's resource, since the game was not normally playable, it was in a testing state (like all chests in the house to test tunics etc).

Later I fixed a major bug: some main sprite pals are shared with other in game sprites. So I had to redraw the main sprite with such pals to be compatible with shared pals, fixed the monologues to now say girl/woman everywhere instead of boy/man and also edited some other gfx (bush, stone, hud etc).

Thus the final version is:
http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Zelda3_Minish_Zelda_(Gender_F).zip

This version is fully playable, as opposed to the old version, which is supposed to be hacker's resource.

Full credits are thus: SePH (main sprite gfx), Ninjagamer (idea and some texts), Puzzledude (gfx editing, txt edits, debug).

------------------------------

I hope this is clear now (credits and version vise).
Currently romhacking has both old versions instead of new. However initially the files were correct, but the credits were false, stating Ghostly dark as main person, instead of Ghillie.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Correct Minish Cap Link and Zelda Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Correct Minish Cap Link and Zelda :: Comments

Zynk

Post Fri 16 Mar 2018 - 8:02 by Zynk

Hi Puzzledude. Its nice that these hacks got the updates.

I'd like to nitpick on the choice of the titlescreen. I'd recommend removing the "Gender Fem" subtitle as its a sure bait for trolls.

The normal title will suffice, or add "Featuring: Minish Cap Zelda/Link" around the title.

Just my two cents. But really though, that "Gender Fem" title is an eyesore for a cool playable Zelda hack Confused

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 16 Mar 2018 - 10:32 by Puzzledude

I don't think I'll be fixing this, since I already worked a lot on this rom and it took a lot to test it. Making any changes would mean to test the entire rom again, which I won't do.

If this is not fit for Romhacking, just leave the old versions there then, but do note: the Minish Link rar file on Romhacking is corrupt and won't unrar. Thus currently Romhacking hosts hacker's resources, rather than playable hacks, which also needs to be noted.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 10 Feb 2023 - 21:31 by Gojira_Geek

Edit: Turns out I just had a bad rom file. Oops.

I'm having trouble getting this to work and wanted to make sure I'm not doing something wrong can someone who got it to work please give a brief walkthrough on how to do this?

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sat 11 Feb 2023 - 11:01 by Puzzledude

Gojira_Geek wrote:I'm having trouble getting this to work and wanted to make sure I'm not doing something wrong can someone who got it to work please give a brief walkthrough on how to do this?
The IPS needs to be patched to A Link to the Past (SNES) rom which is US version and no header, means it is 1024 KB and not 1025 KB. You can look up the CRC (which is ID) of the rom with a hex editor, the CRC-32 hash of the original rom needs to be 777AAC2F. Patching to ANY other rom (even if it loads) will result in bugged roms or roms that are not loading at all. The patched rom must be 2048 KB.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 23 Feb 2023 - 13:58 by erpster2

Puzzledude wrote:

If this is not fit for Romhacking, just leave the old versions there then, but do note: the Minish Link rar file on Romhacking is corrupt and won't unrar. Thus currently Romhacking hosts hacker's resources, rather than playable hacks, which also needs to be noted.

those old versions are no longer available from the Romhacking site as they do have the corrected/fixed versions as I have recently checked myself

Back to top Go down