Patch (v3, 15/Sep/19: demo circle of life continues):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/lk_msu1_patch.zip

Track Map (Final): LINK

PCM Packs:

PepilloPeV "2019" Pack (English):
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/hexbpwm0grlcw5t28mjbd3go272dhb7s
*track 15 is missing, get it from the classic.

Kurrono "Classic" Pack v5 (English):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/EyhFGYgb#_7ZuA2BpTMF0dwgo1I7HIkn-NqLHmIrbKWDYPX9_uwA

Last edited by kurrono on Sun 15 Jul 2018 - 23:53; edited 3 times in total
kurrono
kurrono

The Lion King - Page 4 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Lion King :: Comments

Conn

Post Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 4:50 by Conn

Thanks a lot K Smile
I can confirm it is now on a much better level!

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 23:47 by Arnold101

Smile thanks k i will test tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 14:13 by Arnold101

it's still more than half volume compared to other tracks No  
it's only a little better than before

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 16:13 by Conn

You see, we try our best to please everyone... Pev stated these 2 tracks are hard by nature, K uploaded 2 versions now, and I'm sure he did the best he was able to. I listened to them, they are much better than before (agree they are still not at the volume of the others), but they are all ok from the volume imo.
Your initial problem was, that they could not be heard in their levels, now they can and I think when playing the game (instead of only sound menu comparison) you're much happier.

Back to the beginning: we do it as hobby, we try our best. If you are still unhappy, you're welcome to make a pcm set yourself and I will happily add it to the download packages Wink

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 0:04 by Polargames

Arnold101 wrote:it's still more than half volume compared to other tracks No  
it's only a little better than before

Hello Arnold, I have dl this myself and I have played it. IMHO the game for music got better. Not that there was a issue for me before, But I did give it a good run. I played on snes9x there was not a sound issue at all. It seemed to blend very well. Now I do want to state that in snes9x I have tweaked the volume before I had played any msu1 games, So that might make a difference, but I do not know. I have not played this on the sd2snes at all, and from other post that other people have wrote the sd2snes can be very picky when it comes to music. I think it needs a firmware update to better support msu1 but thats just me. If you are playing this on the sd2snes it wolud be a software issue. I know that this dones not help you out the way you hope for, I wish I could better help you out, but its out of my hands. It all boilds down to everyone is humand and we try do fix things the best we can, sometimes the best is all we can do.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 12:10 by Arnold101

sd2snes revH have volume amplified and fixed.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 12:15 by kurrono

Good job,Arnold..so now is louder the pcms..?

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 14:41 by Arnold101

only a little better, but are a lot low

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 15 Sep 2019 - 6:47 by alex_tenjo

I have test that patch yesterday and I thought about an alternative to enable or disable the opening demo.
Could it be consider : Instead of disabling it (to prevent the interruption of the music screen "The Circle of the Life"), to write an optional patch that let the demo plays without stopping the streamed opening song ?
Of course doing so will require to disable the normal track played while the demo run through and the must could be (but I guess it will not be very easy to program) to also disable the sfx during the demo.
Unfortunately I haven't any program knowledge to do it but I would to share that idea if someone skilful is interested.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 15 Sep 2019 - 7:53 by Conn

Basically this is a good idea but we run into practical problems, when you choose in the music menu to listen to the themes. It is too much effort to differ here between you are in menu/demo mode and the music can switch but not when showing the level.

All in all it would be a nice to have but I think too difficult to code. I also looked into it and tried to find a ram to differ between demo mode and normal play, I wasn't able to find something (which is really strange).

When I have time I will look into it again, however.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 15 Sep 2019 - 10:11 by Conn

I think I found a complex method to archive this.
The new patch needs to be tested so I stuffed the old patch into and "old" folder in the patch file
Patch (v3, 15/Sep/19: demo circle of life continues):
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/lk_msu1_patch.zip
IPS size 643 bytes

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 15 Sep 2019 - 11:46 by alex_tenjo

@Conn
I wouldn't expect an easy method to achieve my idea, but I also wouldn't expect such an instant solution!
I have just test your patch on my SD2SNES Pro. "The Circle of the Life" doesn't stop when the demo starts and ends, but (certainly due to the SD2SNES latency), there is a two to three seconds of blank when the music stops each time you move from opening title to demo and from demo to opening title.
The SFX are still playing during the demo time, but it's far less annoying that I thought.
One last thing, about "The Circle of the Life" MSU1 file. I have noticed that the song is cut on the beginning and starts somehow abruptly, and wrongly restart at 3:30. There might be something with the loop point.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 15 Sep 2019 - 12:28 by Conn

"The Circle of the Life" doesn't stop when the demo starts and ends, but (certainly due to the SD2SNES latency), there is a two to three seconds of blank when the music stops each time you move from opening title to demo and from demo to opening title.
Sorry, I don't get what you mean... the music does not stop when the demo starats and ends... but it does stop when moving between opening title to demo and back?
Do you mean the music test in the options?
What do you mean with blank? Black screen? That's also happening in the native rom.

Yes, the looping is wrong, Somehow we had a similar issue with Super Mario Allstars recently where K merged two different themes. Here, if you play the pcm-1 as wav you notice the theme ending at 3:26, then it starts at 3:32 aagain inbetween nowhere and ends at 3:59.
Maybe somebody is able to create and provide a set with proper looppoints (K never loops his themes). Would be nice Smile

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 15 Sep 2019 - 13:22 by alex_tenjo

Sorry for my bad explanation, I will try to do better.

As you wrote, there are black screens between the opening title and the demo (each time the demo starts and each time the opening title is displayed again once the demo stops). It's happening in the native ROM and in the patched ROM.
The thing is, during those (normal) black screen interruptions the MSU1 track stops playing (at least on my SD2SNES Pro, I haven't test it with an emulator).

I think it would be more natural if "The Circle of the Life" doesn't interrupt at all, but because you already use a complex method to achieve that new patch, I'm not sure it could be easy to address these sound interruptions.

Yes, I have follow the Super Mario All Stars "track 101 issue", strange to see something similar there. One last question, since you have the original wav file, can you please tell me if the beginning of the pcm is also affect (truncate as I suspect)?

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 15 Sep 2019 - 13:28 by pev

@alex_tenjo I remember working on this track, way back, and played around in finding a better loop point. I eventually did and passed it on to Kurrono but he never updated his set. When I get home, I will post it here for you to try.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 15 Sep 2019 - 13:33 by Conn

Ah, I see. It should be a sd2snes issue, since on emu the problem does not appear (but please test yourself first),. If it is sd2snes only there's nothing I can do and it is recommended to use the "old" patch that disables the demo. I'll put this old patch as sd2snes version then and the new patch as emu version. I think this is the best compromise here.

You can easily convert pcm to wav with
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xu9Oq1KH20sQpNpxthxrunRbV2DFfypY

run with shell msu2wav.exe input.pcm output.wav
crop with audacity and run wav2msu.exe then you have a corrected pcm Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 15 Sep 2019 - 14:17 by pev

@alex_tenjo The link below has what I worked on so far but never followed up on the last time the Lion King soundtrack issue was brought up. Maybe, you or someone else can finish what I started.

Code:
https://app.box.com/s/6qnrrb27p0vhp3coivt394zzxvhf7wsx

In the RAR archive, there are two folders:
AUP (Audacity Work Files, 4 tracks done)
WAV (Exported work as WAV, and converted to PCM with correct loop points)

Make sure to download the "additional_pcm_edit_tools.rar" as it has the tools Conn mentioned earlier. I would stick with the JSON+msupcm.exe method as it is easier than the standard command line msu2wav.exe method.

The "lk-msu1.json" file has the loop points for the Audacity WAV files I worked on. You will need the loop points to pass to msu2wav.exe, if using this method. Your loop points will be lost if you just run the command line in its basic command line form.

To preserve loop points, in a shell type: msu2wav.exe input.pcm output.wav -l x "where x is the loop point value"

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 15 Sep 2019 - 14:57 by Conn

Pev saved the day again Very Happy
Personally I have not so much troubles with the pcm not looping, however if the files are somehow corrupted, it should be fixed. I guess the pcm are hosted by kurrono, but at least pcm-1 should be replaced.
Pev, would it be possible for you to host this set as well by replacing the 4 themes that you already fixed? Embarassed

I will update the patch package as soon Alex confirmed that the new one is fine on emu but bugs on sd2snes (provide the 2 versions as suggested above)

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 15 Sep 2019 - 15:06 by pev

Conn wrote:Pev, would it be possible for you to host this set as well by replacing the 4 themes that you already fixed? Embarassed
@Conn Sure, as soon as confirmation is set in stone. Will do. Only thing that I feel may still need a tweak is the volume (will need confirmation on this).

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 15 Sep 2019 - 18:10 by alex_tenjo

@Conn

I'm currently out of my house and also out of my hardware, but I'll be back tomorrow.
As soon as I'll be at home I test that and let you know immediately after.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 15 Sep 2019 - 19:12 by Conn

No worries, take your time Very Happy
I hope we can close this topic afterwards.

I found this on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5IMUeGffkE
Seems like somebody did a portugese (brazilian?) version of the game, but do not know whether the pcm are public.
If they are it would be a nice addition, and maybe some themes without vocals can be used for the english set.

Edit: I found it but the links contain roms, so a google search with "lion king msu1 portugues" will bring a result of a snes forever link.
The english version is that we provide, but there are 2 portugese versions (classic and the re-animatited 2019 movie). If somebody wants us to make these versions downloadable at zeldix as well, he'd need to remove the roms and host it on a google drive himself Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 16 Sep 2019 - 0:08 by pev

@Conn I went ahead and integrated the four tracks posted earlier into Kurrono's pack and re-hosted them on my end. Below is also a video link showcasing your v3 patch on my SuperNT with SD2SnesPro (captured on my ElGatoPro60 card from my PC). I let it play in demo mode for about 4+ minutes.

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftw1qlqlnb2kt3n/LionKing_Msu1_Conn_PatchV3_Sample.mp4?dl=0

PS. The new re-done tracks 1 thru 4 are more balanced volume wise. The old ones were very loud (could barely hear the FX sounds). If I have time, perhaps, I can re-do the remaining tracks and trim them down a bit (would benefit the overall file size of the pack).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 16 Sep 2019 - 6:03 by Conn

Hmm, I do not see any music interruptions when there is the black screen between demo/title screen that alex mentioned, though you recorded on sd2snes. So the problem should be on his sd2snes.

Looks like we are done with this. Much thanks, Pev Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 16 Sep 2019 - 7:30 by pev

Conn wrote:...Looks like we are done with this. Much thanks, Pev Very Happy
Well, let us see first, my friend. I was testing on newer hardware (FPGA based console and Sd2SnesPro). To my understanding, he is still using his original SNES with sd2snes. I no longer have my original SNES and Sd2Snes to test. Perhaps, it could just boil down to what type of SD card he is using. We will just have to wait and see.

I posted my video to be used as a control to compare against his hardware setup.

Update: Forgot to mention, the video I recorded has the newer PCM that loops correctly. Perhaps that pause mentioned was on the PCM side?

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Mon 16 Sep 2019 - 17:23 by alex_tenjo

First, I confirm that the updated version of the first track made by pepillopev loops correctly on the game (in fact I first hear the pcm on foobar2000 before sending it to my SD2SNES Pro and as expect, nothing to said but perfect).

Second, there is still some blank/mute/lag in the audio each time the screen move to the demo or get back to the opening title. I'm using a SD2SNES Pro with the last firmware, the difference with the pepillopev test (as he already mention) is that I use an original SNES (PAL but switcheless) instead of a SuperNT. I have also tried (to avoid any region issue) with one of my Super Famicom (a 2/1/3 one because the SuperNT is based on 2/1/3) and exact same mute results appear. Regarding my micro SD card, it shouldn't be the culprit because I bought a high end one to precisely prevent any access time or low read rate issue (you can find the specification of my UHS-II card there : https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/extremepro-microsd-uhs-ii ). I have just made a new SD2SNES benchmark and it average access time is 0.304ms, max is 0.654ms. In addition what let me think that it isn't an access problem is because the file is already in use when the mute occur so there shouldn't have "access" problem while already reading.

Does someone that own a SD2SNES (orignal or Pro) and a Super NES or a Super Famicom can test the latest Conn patch to see if the same interruptions occur ?

At least but not last, thanks both of you for the time spent trying to solve my problem.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next