Earthbound

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Earthbound - Page 4 Empty Re: Earthbound

Post by JUD6MENT on Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 1:30

Oh wow, so glad this got finished. Much respect to those who did this project, this was the largest one yet.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Earthbound - Page 4 Image110

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 15:27

I agree with @JUD6MENT😃. Congrats and I cannot wait for it to be out. 😁
Polargames
Polargames

Earthbound - Page 4 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by psalmsamuel on Sat 8 Jun 2019 - 17:46

Also wanted to say congratulations ............. because ............ it took real works of art, to penetrate the early american market with international content ...............

its more of they "put out perfection" ............ so? ............. they were not "holding out", and like now we see more translated roms from the earlier period and they were not that great, not real works of art...............
Earth Bound is a real Gem for MSU (because its catchy) ......... like Chrono Trigger.  
(where as super mario RPG is better then good, it uses common sterotypes to convey its message more then overall ingenuity)
(like if potential before the apocalypse was chrono trigger, then after that seems to be about in the measure, after the apocalypse, not after man)
(so? .......... final fantasy is good but since it hammers sterotypes its not a gem, gem) (after we all saw "citizens of earth on the vita", then, i think we realized "earthbound"'s concept was not improved and it had done it better ... great game congrats)

EDIT

(lufia 1 and 2 recently also a major achievement ........... wanted to add, I agree with the general opinion about not using hacks, but could you check into the "run button" option for earthbound, when you going around in areas with no encounters talking to people, helps keep the pace, ............. maybe you already looked into this,btw)

psalmsamuel
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Since : 2018-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by darthvaderx on Mon 1 Jul 2019 - 1:52

In Earthbound the battle background animations are presented differently from simple enemies and bosses, the former have only a third of the screen:

Earthbound - Page 4 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fireofpurgatory.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F11%2FEarthbound-battle

The latter have animations in full screen:

Earthbound - Page 4 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fshadesofgaming.files.wordpress.com%2F2014%2F09%2Fearthbound_snes_25

So I ask you, would it be possible for a hack that would make all the battles have animations in full screen?

darthvaderx

Since : 2017-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Mon 1 Jul 2019 - 6:32

I'd say this is the wrong (zelda) community for requesting this. I only looked.into the code to implement msu1, and I can't imagine any other asm hacker here has much experience.
Better you ask somewhere where the community is dedicated to this Rom...
Conn
Conn

Earthbound - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by darthvaderx on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 2:44

A charitable soul answered me in another forum, simply with a hex editor change the 29 FF 00 at 0x248DB to A9 00 00.

Earthbound - Page 4 Earthr10 Earthbound - Page 4 Earthr12

Razz (Conn)

darthvaderx

Since : 2017-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by psalmsamuel on Mon 22 Jul 2019 - 18:03

darthvaderx wrote:A charitable soul answered me in another forum, simply with a hex editor change the 29 FF 00 at 0x248DB to A9 00 00.

Another big thanks! romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=28785.0

Hopefully adding this to vanilla rom, and then applying mods will carry over to all the mods I like too! (too lazy too do anything now, will though in a few days! for sure)

(applied fix to vanilla rom, then used that as base rom for mods and msu - works on all tested so far)
notes

(has custom music)
Headered USA Earthbound Rom
EarthBound - Hallows End 1.04b
(add header to rom, use "lunar expand" to increase rom size to 6mb, and use original run patch) (shows run graphic but doesn't actually run) (better off not run patching this one, maybe cause trouble)

(has custom music)
Headered USA Earthbound Rom (earth bound patcher)
EarthBound - Holiday Hex 1.0.1

(Works with MSU patch)
Headered USA Earthbound Rom (use "ebpatch")
EarthBound - Halloween Final 1.08 Patch

(Works with MSU patch)
for (colinbound infinias invasion you need) (tested 1 and its updated patch 2)
1. "NSRT 3.4" to add a header to the rom (either standard or nsrt header)
2. "Easy EB Patcher" (ebpatch) (for the .ips patch file) (then "relocate_run" patch)
3. using "NSRT 3.4" remove the header from the "colinbound rom"
4. use "flips 1.31" ips patcher to apply the MSU-1 patch to the file

(Works with MSU patch)
for (maternal bound omega you need)
1. "Earthbound Patcher 1.0" with the "unheadered rom" (use .ips file)
2. use "flips 1.31" ips patcher to apply the MSU-1 patch to the file

the background fix tested working on all those mods, run patch the, "Runbutton_Relocate KyleRXZero", works on all except "holiday hex and hallows end" (maternalbound has run patch option included)

(will test halloween final 1.08 with the MSU patch, just make sure, the rom has no header, it can be the last patch used, doesn't seem to touch anything else)

Last edited by psalmsamuel on Wed 24 Jul 2019 - 0:56; edited 5 times in total

psalmsamuel
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Since : 2018-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Tue 23 Jul 2019 - 15:04

@ToAll, I took the information that was presented on here and I made a patch for it. I did the hex edit and made a bps patch.
https://www70.zippyshare.com/v/GwpjtZNy/file.html

I hope this helps. :-D

P.S, This also can be put into the msu1 file if its cool with the site Admins and the ASM hacker. Do not need any credit at all. I just wanted to help.

Last edited by Polargames on Tue 23 Jul 2019 - 15:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clear some things up)
Polargames
Polargames

Earthbound - Page 4 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum