The morning star weapon for Link

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The morning star weapon for Link - Page 3 Empty Re: The morning star weapon for Link

Post by Conn Sun 8 Sep 2013 - 16:19

Great, here's the ported hack for the shovel:

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/

Inside you find 24_itemsmenu_shovel order. In contrast to the above hack, DO NOT APPLY the PW_shovel hack before. Just apply this 24_itemsmenu_shovel.ips (PW menu uses different addresses).

I tested on moegami's rom. Only "bug" I noticed was the sound when digging, but this is possibly due to the tiles you use? I did not do anything with the shovel sound. Please report... Smile
Conn
Conn

The morning star weapon for Link - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

The morning star weapon for Link - Page 3 Empty Re: The morning star weapon for Link

Post by scawful Sun 8 Sep 2013 - 16:32

The sound of the digging seems to be missing but the clink sound is still there. The tiles I'm using are the same lttp so I'm not so sure as to why, but it works which is great.

Also, will the random treasure patch work as well?
scawful
scawful

The morning star weapon for Link - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 8 Sep 2013 - 16:50

You must use different tiles... try digging on the bridge, there it makes the correct sound. Maybe Puzz can tell you why. I can dig up the random treasures on the bridge where the digging makes the correct sound, so it works but it is due to the "cling" tiles you use I guess that you cannot dig up treasures on your normal ground.

I found one bug: though I remapped the code to 7f/502x, so that it won't go into srm, when you hit save&quit (select or dying) the ram won't be resetted. Only when you switch off the emulator. When having a bottle equipped while doing this you cannot use another y-item until you reselcted it. It is a scarce and non-severe bug to run into but maybe I fix.

Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Sun 8 Sep 2013 - 17:02

This is odd. The bridge tile uses 0 as the block type, same with the grass. So I'm not sure why it's responding this way. I'll probably have to see if puzzledude knows anything.

EDIT: Nvm, I checked the original link to the past and the grass uses block 72, and when I made it 72 sure enough it worked properly, so I'm assuming I can apply the random treasure patch now?
scawful
scawful

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 8 Sep 2013 - 17:26

Yes you can!

I also fixed the bug I was speaking about (in both pw and 24 items... you can simply reapply the patch on your rom. But as said, this bug is scarce and not really severe.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 8 Sep 2013 - 17:51

The problem sound is related specifically to Gates of Darkness demo and has nothing to do with this patch. In order for digging to work, a specific 32x32 block must be used (namely block number 52 or 53), but in gates demo, you also have 165 which wont work for digging.

I've tested the shovel and it works, and displays in the menu. First time I've seen this particular menu with all items (nice). Have yet to test Morning star more (in conjuction to all the rest of ips patches).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

The morning star weapon for Link - Page 3 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 8 Sep 2013 - 18:07

ok... hopefully nothing more comes up Smile
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 8:51

I found a small bug with the 24 itemfix of the morning star:

When you die with morning star equipped, the game over screen will show following:
The morning star weapon for Link - Page 3 Oos3_010

This happens due to a native corrupt vram transfer of the second part of the menu items. I disabled this transfer, so please redownload below file, and just re-apply the 24item_fix.ips from the subfolder 24itemfix on not-headered (you can just patch with this over your old rom with former patch applied, will cause nothing bad). Then this bug is gone, too.
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/fb_gs.zip

SePH, this also happens in PU; already have made a fix which I'll send you along with the shovel port as soon I have it. Also have noticed that you were able to restore the shovel animation so skip this in the to-do list Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 10:56

I remember you saying that this weapon might be too powerful and I was just thinking. Many times hacks are made too hard anyways, so having the morning star weapon maybe isnt a bad thing. Having the morning star weapon in parallel worlds would actually make the game more fair especially if you started out with it in the beginning of the game.

Awesome work!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 13:00

I think PW is perfect in its difficulty level as it currently is - it can be regarded as kind of master quest. To keep the marvellous aspects of this game, while making it easier I think Puzz is creating the remodel hack.

The code for the 24 items menu, Euclid posted is slightly different from that pw uses. I recently ported the shovel and morning star hack to work with this 24 items menu. So I forward this question to Puzz whether the ported hacks only work in GoT or also for PW-RM?
If I need to port more, you'd need to send me some files and explain how to set chests in HM (you told that it's not possible in HM since there are too many pointers in PW)...
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 13:32

All the hacks you made for the 24-item menu will not work in PW. You can regard PW as a special case, where everything is on different addresses, so most things are not compatible to it.

Bringing the Goldstar to PW will not work, unless it is made spceifically for PW (this goes for actual code and for menu/hud positions).

I don't see any need of bringing this item into PW, since PW is already finished. Regarding setting the chests - all is done via hex only (one single save in HM will destroy the rom).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

The morning star weapon for Link - Page 3 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 14:23

I just tried to port it if it works - it should work in both pw and pw/rm... I tested in-game and in menu (both boomerang and goldstar).
What I couldn't test is out of chest due to the reasons you described Wink

check order PW_fb_gs
Apply the patch on pw or pw/rm without header. Do not apply fb_gs before since this is a complete hack and not a fix as the 24 items menu was.

Though it is finished, if you do one time an update with the shovel hack, this could (or not) be applied too in case it works.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 19:43

I again updated the zip:

Only change is that the 24_items version is now not a fix anymore but a complete patch, to be applied on any ALTTP with Euclids menu.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3