Out of this world

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Out of this world Empty Re: Out of this world

Post by Polargames Sun 24 Jun 2018 - 0:10

I will give it a run and let you know if I find anything. For the music I did find this, I do not know if it can be used, but I just wanted to let you know.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69PG1BhsoTk

Hope this helps Smile

Hey I just tried to play this and it kept repeating the water intro thing. It told me to press b and I did and then the game kept on repeating. I use the (u) version of the game, and I played it in snes9x and bsnes and got the same thing. Did I do something wrong, Other games work without a problem though. Confused
Polargames
Polargames

Out of this world Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 24 Jun 2018 - 4:19

You need to press up to swim to the surface
Conn
Conn

Out of this world Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sun 24 Jun 2018 - 7:46

Conn wrote:But it is impossible to find more remastered tracks for this game I think

There's the original Jean-Francois Freitas CD soundtrack and the Sega CD soundtrack to work with, at least. There were versions for the 15th and 20th anniversary editions as well, although I'm not sure if they're the same.

I have the original soundtrack and the Sega CD version if anyone wants the files.
Relikk
Relikk

Out of this world Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 24 Jun 2018 - 10:27

Cool, how many tracks has each version?
I'm not sure whether I can differ them to play each level a different theme, so it's better to have 2 sets instead?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sun 24 Jun 2018 - 10:36

Original soundtrack has 14. The Sega CD version I'm not sure, as the main release of that game is actually the sequel, Heart of the Alien, but it has OotW included with it. From what I can tell it has 17 tracks. Although, some of those may not be usable. For example, the intro has the sound effects on the track. Stage themes etc. should be unaffected.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 24 Jun 2018 - 14:44

It unfortunately looks quite bad. I could find a password level counter at 0c42 where I could map different themes to, but this one isn't used when playing the levels normally.
Means I cannot map other themes than those listed Sad

Ah well, better than nothing, you may want to make different sets anyways Very Happy

I will try to insert the video now.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 6:10

Ok, I am finished with the video code (find the patch by redownloading the patch from first post).
It was a pain in the ass to code...
The video plays track 35.

This video must be processed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nlmje-rUQs
- cut the best viewed in 1080 at beginning and thanks for watching at the ending
- convert the audio to track 35 pcm
- convert the video, e.g.:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1713-trying-make-a-simple-msu-1-video-sample-solved

I tried with the alttp video and works all.

@Relikk, I will try to find a level differentiation so we can play more tracks. There is little hope, the code is really somewhat weird. If I succeed I will update the patch, but really, don't count on it Sad
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 8:41

Are we restricted to 224x144 resolution when making MSU1 videos? Or is that resolution just for the video player ROM?

The Sonic CD video that was posted a while ago was nearly full screen but the ROM used to play it was 4mb.

I've made two videos based on the 20th Anniversary intro. One with the original audio and one with the 20th Anniv. audio. But again, they're 224x144. It'd be nice to get them full screen.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 10:21

I am no expert when it comes to video. I use the alttp player (originally made by ikari). As far I know there's a trade of between size (resolution, number of tiles) and colors - I think the current player is 256 colors with 224x144. Better resolutiion with 16 colors may look a bit crappy.
But this is only wild guessing, I don't know the specs. We have to go with what we have :/
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 11:53

ok, sorry I give up on mapping themes level specific. I get reliable values when using a password, but this track differentiation isn't applicable when going through the game normally. Means, we unfortunately will only have 8 themes, where level 3-11 share one track. That's unfortunate. But well.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 11:57

Don't worry about it. The SNES version doesn't have as many tracks as the other versions it seems, anyway.

Tried that patch with the videos... The ROM crashes at the end of the video. Here are the files if you want to take a look.

OotW 20th Anniversary Intro (Original Audio)

OotW 20th Anniversary Intro (Remastered Audio)
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 13:02

Hey Conn, If you are still looking for music I had found the 3do version of the game, and the music for that system sounds pretty good. It has 24 songs all together and most of them are already looped. Here is the link if you want to check it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm-CHgyToUc&list=PLF909FCAB5BD06504
Polargames
Polargames

Out of this world Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 13:14

Tried that patch with the videos... The ROM crashes at the end of the video. Here are the files if you want to take a look.
You sure? It doesn't crash on my side (bsnes, snes9x 1.55). You can also button press. It maybe takes a few seconds.

polar, I am not involved in pcm stuff, but I think Relikk is on the go Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 13:24

No I'm not that interested in the PCM side of things. I have the soundtrack files if anyone wants them.

BSNES... Admittedly I didn't button press but it black screened at the end of the original audio version, and the video was garbled at the end of the remastered audio version.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 13:43

it makes no difference if you button press or wait until the video is over (same code executed, just told you to accelerate things).

I double and triple tested, fresh rom, video alone, audio+video, let play to end, button press, snes9x, bsnes, no crash on my side... try the alttp video maybe?

Too bad you are not going to make the pcm, I hope somebody else skilled is taking that part?
I currently convert the video, if all goes well I'll post it then. Takes a good time.

Edit: jupp, the problem is at your video. ALTTP works.
I'll try to figure out.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 15:52

Alright, I updated the patch file in the first post, it shouldn't crash anymore... however, there's some seconds of garbage at the end, I can't get rid of that...
I stop trying to make this shitty code a perfect msu game Sad

Here's my video (I converted that one, looks quite good also in that low resolution):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vCSaXfG_KJLFxvAgbio-O73pb_5WEi-y

Anybody willing to make the pcm? Piece of Heart Piece of Heart Piece of Heart
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 16:26

Normally I'd do it, but I just don't want to play through the game. Also, scanning the soundtracks, I can't find any apparent equivalents between the original OST and the SNES OST, I'd be able to do it blind by creating the PCM's and matching them to your track codes if there was.

If nobody comes forward to do it after a few days then I'll have a go.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 18:30

Believe it or not, I was able to fix the video. Now it is all the way smoothly (takes some seconds, but it doesn't crash + no garbage anymore) Very Happy
Please redownload patch from first post.

I don't think there's need to play through the game, you can simply check using passwords:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/snes/588548-out-of-this-world/cheats

If anything is wrong, somebody surely complains Razz
We don't have many tracks in game and a variety of remasters, so I suggest 2 packs anyways, with a track 8 that doesn't get annoying having it over level 3-11.
As for the videos, I suggest one pack with yours and one pack with mine?
Important is that
- track 2 (intro scene) is available for those who want to play with the native intro (no video substituted)
- track 4 (password select) should have 10 seconds mute only (mute track is necessary for no sd2snes buzzing, and a certain length is necessary to not loop crazy)

Edit: oh, we can't match the original version anyways. E.g., take level 1: if the black animal hunts you, then you first get music. In the msu version there is music all way long a level without specific triggers. So I'd say you're completely free to choose any tracks at your likings (no need to match the OST equivalents, the music is shitty anyways (except start and end ) Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 26 Jun 2018 - 16:15

Relikk (and others): I made up my mind and I think there is no need for a pcm set at this stage.
I thought that the music is level dependent and searched for a level trigger, but this is not the case (therefore I also failed on this).
It instead loads a soundbank (04: level1, 06 level2, 08: level3-11 and so on), and with ingame triggers specific spc out of this soundbank are played. Like the black animal hunts you.

The current asm only plays a music at the level start and continues (trigger or not), which is wrong.
Means I need to find the time and motivation to play through the game and find the triggers and map them to a specific pcm file. I will do that in a while when I have the time to do that. I will then make a list of the mapped themes.

Until then this project is on stand-by Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 26 Jun 2018 - 19:15

Ok, this was relatively simply, I am already done (so much to stand-by) Very Happy

If you redownload the patch from first post, it now mimicks the original audio system and the music tracks are triggered by ingame events:

So far I found:
01: animal hunts you (loop)
03: cutscreen in cage (begin of L2), I think it is on loop (needs to be changed
04: Animal shot (end of L1)
07: cage crashes down jingle
0a-10: Title Screen (no loop)
0b-11: Intro video (no loop)
0c-12: death (no loop)
0d
0e: Leeches sting

BEST NEWS: A SPC FALLBACK was possible. So if some are forgotten like the Leech sting, it's not a problem

Anybody who wants to help mapping, please apply the patch from first post and make a walkthrough with bsnes WRITE breakpoint on $2004:
9ff639 sta $2004     [802004] A:000a
Track is in A: (in this case 0a for title screen)

also the loop table needs to be adjusted... I'll do this as soon the tracks are mapped.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Conn Wed 27 Jun 2018 - 4:14

I already converted the video remake (download link in first post).

Important is now to map the themes. Apply the audio patch from forst post and play through the game with bsnes and breakpoint at 2004 write hook on.

This way you can complete this list:

So far I found:
01: animal hunts you (loop)
03: cutscreen in cage (begin of L2), I think it is on loop (needs to be changed
04: Animal shot (end of L1)
07: cage crashes down jingle
0a-10: Title Screen (no loop)
0b-11: Intro video (no loop)
0c-12: death (no loop)
0d
0e: Leeches sting

BEST NEWS: A SPC FALLBACK was possible. So if some are forgotten like the Leech sting, it's not a problem

Anybody who wants to help mapping, please apply the patch from first post and make a walkthrough with bsnes WRITE breakpoint on $2004:
9ff639 sta $2004     [802004] A:000a
Track is in A: (in this case 0a for title screen)

Once this is done, with some luck Relikk may happily convert the packs to pcm:s Wink
Luckily the game lasts only half an hour in quick run... but neither I nor Relikk have the time/motivation right now to play through...
I may ask LuigiBlood. He did the msu for flashback and appears to be a big fan of this game (he also made the music polar linked to).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 20:10

With the help of JUD6MENT, I was able to finish the loop table of the patch, new v5 is up in first version.

You will also find a theme map. There are only few tracks needed to pcm, some jingle like death can be left handled by the spc fallback.
I think there should be at least 2 packs, one with "my" video remake (find it in first post) and one with Relikk's anniversary video (in first post as well).
I think Relikk will make his own set(s) with his own video... right? Smile

Any other, feel free to use "my video" for your package, but don't forget to include track b (pcm-11). Though this gets replaced by the video, some people may prefer the audio-only version, that is also part of the patch package.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Out of this world Empty Out of this world

Post by pev Sat 7 Jul 2018 - 13:44

@Conn If Polargames picks some alternative tracks to use. I’ll gladly make the PCMs for them. As I stated before, it’s easier to do PCMs than coding, at least, for me.

pev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next