Does custom made music from HM count as MSU-1?

Go down

Does custom made music from HM count as MSU-1? Empty Does custom made music from HM count as MSU-1?

Post by Devan2002 Fri 20 Jul 2018 - 14:38

I composed this, and only one channel in the last part before the loop is unmodified.
Devan2002
Devan2002

Does custom made music from HM count as MSU-1? Image213

Since : 2017-10-30

Back to top Go down

Does custom made music from HM count as MSU-1? Empty Re: Does custom made music from HM count as MSU-1?

Post by Polargames Fri 20 Jul 2018 - 15:53

Devan2002 wrote:I composed this, and only one channel in the last part before the loop is unmodified.

Well, If you have used a patch that was already made and you put it on a rom, and the song you made which is a pcm correct, Then yes I would say that would count as a msu1. Now if you built the code from the ground up and made said pcm to go with it. Then you deffently MSU1 for sure. Even if I am worng I would like to say you did a great job with the music, it did not sound bad at all, and I thought it was the defult for the game. So great job on that and keep up the great work Very Happy
Polargames
Polargames

Does custom made music from HM count as MSU-1? Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Does custom made music from HM count as MSU-1? Empty Re: Does custom made music from HM count as MSU-1?

Post by Devan2002 Fri 20 Jul 2018 - 18:05

Polargames wrote:
Devan2002 wrote:I composed this, and only one channel in the last part before the loop is unmodified.

Well, If you have used a patch that was already made and you put it on a rom, and the song you made which is a pcm correct, Then yes I would say that would count as a msu1. Now if you built the code from the ground up and made said pcm to go with it. Then you deffently MSU1 for sure. Even if I am worng I would like to say you did a great job with the music, it did not sound bad at all, and I thought it was the defult for the game. So great job on that and keep up the great work Very Happy

I made this using HM.
Devan2002
Devan2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 20 Jul 2018 - 20:32

Knowing how hard it is to edit music with HM, first my congrats on your success here.
I once tried that:
https://www.zeldix.net/t154-the-music-tinkering-thread

...and failed. So with some help from fate I found out about msu1 where it is much easier to make pcm tracks with much more variety and quality.

Regarding your implied topic question: HM spc editing is of course no msu1.
Conn
Conn

Does custom made music from HM count as MSU-1? Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 20 Jul 2018 - 21:58

Maybe you should give msu-1 rom hack a try, sounds like you are a pretty experienced hacker and we can always use another hacker. Im trying to learn how its done but since i had no rom hacking experience and trying to jump straight to msu-1 hack its a big learning curve for me, just need more time and practice and maybe i will get it though.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Does custom made music from HM count as MSU-1? Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Devan2002 Sat 21 Jul 2018 - 10:20

JUD6MENT wrote:Maybe you should give msu-1 rom hack a try, sounds like you are a pretty experienced hacker and we can always use another hacker. Im trying to learn how its done but since i had no rom hacking experience and trying to jump straight to msu-1 hack its a big learning curve for me, just need more time and practice and maybe i will get it though.

My romhack is normal ALttP with ice physics, now currently, ledges don't have their function due to a bug where they treat ice floors like unpassable areas, this can either freeze the game, or put you in an unrealistically bizzare area. So I've removed ledges that prevent progression (Death Mountain in particular). I also plan to have the christmas music from the ALttP:R festimizer in the romhack, along with my custom music (even if it's injected via MSU-1).
Devan2002
Devan2002

Back to top Go down