Star Fox

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Star Fox - Page 2 Empty Star Fox

-  Patch  -

Patch Revision 2, 13/Dec/2021: boss theme):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/Star_Fox_msu1_R2.zip

Mirror: https://mega.nz/file/FPdGADJZ#OjYYwsQ6_xfORRLbXSG2K4pmjtFH2cupXnZvyRXvego

-  PCM packs  -

Star Fox Restored - Church Of Kondo Pre-Release (by Aelieth):
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10mOmg_P_PWDWGpk2SRhyTq2xsx-OEAo8/view
YouTube Playlist

PCM set by daniloroxette v2 (updated Sep, 14th 2021):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/cN52BJhZ#q7Vry8T1DpNHq6n66_rbQw0B6GZVZtl026ZVY3EIUBs
YouTube Preview

PCM set by Kurrono:
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!96I1wAhT!Lpb_TiatOAQ8Llwwg88zbXXbKFzd0Pbow4VtK45aONU

Alternative Intro Video (including speech):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/w2oWSLTD#1KhKRXBg3TSSHvJFf_x9y-KzXcSkssajSZXVDrYsmtI
(just replace this video with that that comes with the pcm set above)

-  Track Map  -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_pgX2OIBm2DT4jNIeigdekD9OpZ5tVtaE5Fw2oGWPUc

Last edited by kurrono on Thu 25 Oct 2018 - 17:57; edited 3 times in total
kurrono
kurrono

Star Fox - Page 2 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Star Fox :: Comments

Conn

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 14:13 by Conn

I portet the code for rom v1.2 (should be rev B). ALso this is experimental, I have no idea whether the pcm tracks will match.

While examining K's ASM, I also corrected some bug sources, but I am not sure whether it all works (I only made hex comparisons without testing), so I left the old patch link as well for now.

Find the v1.1 patch (with support for both v1.0 and v1.2 rom) in first post, test and complain afterwards here Wink

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 15:17 by kurrono

Hey Polar can u get thw music for final fight 3.. ican hack it Wink

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 16:48 by kurrono

So much commotion with star fox...whats goin on heheh Very Happy

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 16:49 by kurrono

Conn star fox was a mission... separate those shared tracks is horrible

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 17:14 by Conn

I know, I had the problem with Lufia2, but then I found a better hook for theme separation. Sometimes it's a good idea to look again in the code... e.g., for hook I found a level counter at 7e1f1d - If you'd knew this you'd had have much less trouble with that patch I guess (it was unfortunately too late when I found this, you already did all the hard work).

Anyways, did anybody test whether 1.2 works (and also the new 1.0 version) I posted? If yes, we could remove the old link patch.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 18:19 by Polargames

kurrono wrote:Hey Polar can u get thw music for final fight 3.. ican hack it Wink

Awesome, Thats great. Yes I can get the music for you. I will let you know when I have all of it. :-D

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 18:20 by Polargames

Conn wrote:I know, I had the problem with Lufia2, but then I found a better hook for theme separation. Sometimes it's a good idea to look again in the code... e.g., for hook I found a level counter at 7e1f1d - If you'd knew this you'd had have much less trouble with that patch I guess (it was unfortunately too late when I found this, you already did all the hard work).

Anyways, did anybody test whether 1.2 works (and also the new 1.0 version) I posted? If yes, we could remove the old link patch.

Ok, Conn I did test it on 1.2, It seems everything worked includeing the PCM's. I was playing level 1 and also crash my ship and it played just like the og game. I would like to say I did not use any cheats at all. I hope that helps Smile

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 18:39 by kurrono

So Polar ugot music for Final fight 3?..i heard u want that game hacked Wink

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 1:07 by Polargames

kurrono wrote:So Polar ugot music for Final fight 3?..i heard u want that game hacked Wink

Just PM you Kurrono Very Happy, lol yes, I was playing with the code and boom it worked somewhat for FF3 :-)

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 4:36 by Tsolo

Conn wrote:I know, I had the problem with Lufia2, but then I found a better hook for theme separation. Sometimes it's a good idea to look again in the code... e.g., for hook I found a level counter at 7e1f1d - If you'd knew this you'd had have much less trouble with that patch I guess (it was unfortunately too late when I found this, you already did all the hard work).

I've played the first level with the 1.2 version and it seems to work fine. Also, it works with the v1.0 spanish translated version, at leats the first level too.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 6:12 by Conn

Awesome, I remove the old patch then. Smile
Thanks polar and tsolo

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 14:43 by MadK9

I'm having an issue with the Audio for this one, the main loading screen the audio is just awful sounding corrupt to me.

I'm using snes9x as i do for all the msu stuff, and this is the first one i have had with an issue this bad.

I have tried this in all ways and all version patches, still with teh same result, and i downloaded the pcm's again to make sure nothing was corrupt.

Not sure what to do at this point.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 15:16 by Conn

I noticed some issues, too. At the beginning, it loads theme $0b, directly followed by $1e. Then, after pressing start it loads $67 directly followed by $27. The theme separation isn't so good.

As for the sound corruptions, I have them as well. There are games that have this cracklings in snes9x (e.g., super star wars). You need bsnes here to solve your problems (it does not have these distortions):
http://www.emucr.com/2018/01/bsnes-plus-git-20180117.html

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 15:38 by MadK9

A friend of mine fixed the audio corruption by lowering the rom audio level back to normal snes levels.

The audio popping i can put up with to a certain degree, but the corruption was something i had not encountered up until now.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 15:53 by Conn

Good you solved it Smile
I looked into the code because of 0b and 67 starting being 2 seconds later replaced by the correct theme.

Kurrono, I think I cannot fox without coding from scratch, what I surely will not do... if you think this needs to be fixed, I'd add 2 seconds mute to the start of each pcm running into that trouble (0b, 67 and others that might be affected) - but this is up to you.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 16:27 by kurrono

Yea add silence ..it will work

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 19:39 by kurrono

The thing is i had overwrite 0b..it was playing a theme..that doesnt go there...the opcodes we hack are not perfectly separated and it gave hard time..to mute it or separate it as shared track to mute it..same way on map altering 0a for 22 and 02 for 22.. now it messup a little bit any stage it starts so 2 second silence will work...

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 20:52 by Conn

I really feel a bit sorry for you... I warned you about SFX games, SMW2 was a nightmare, I can tell. Seeing the difficulties, you really did an amazing job getting this far Wink

I tried to figure out a bit but failed, so I really give up and hope you can ease the remaining cosmetical fixes with pcm adding silence.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 20:57 by Polargames

Conn wrote:Awesome, I remove the old patch then. Smile
Thanks polar and tsolo

Your very welcome Conn. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 21:00 by Polargames

Conn wrote:I really feel a bit sorry for you... I warned you about SFX games, SMW2 was a nightmare, I can tell. Seeing the difficulties, you really did an amazing job getting this far Wink

I tried to figure out a bit but failed, so I really give up and hope you can ease the remaining cosmetical fixes with pcm adding silence.

What makes the SFX games nightmares, is it do to how the FX chip was coded? I honstly do know much about the FX chip except that nintendo wanted to use it in super mario kart and in more games, but they did not do much with it at all.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 22:13 by kurrono

Super mario kart is DSP1..not Super Fx chip from argonaut..top gear 3000 is Dsp4

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 0:44 by JUD6MENT

So i see the rom works with 3 versions now, is a particular version better than another or does all 3 run the same?

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 1:29 by kurrono

One flaw on armada it still plays 04.theme..black hole map..i tried to fix it but no luck.. if i fix it it will be as 0.pcm normal map song on both.. oh other thing..
Make 2 copies of sfx_msu1-0.pcm as sfx_msu1-12.pcm and sfx_msu1-16.pcm.. edit loop table on asm.. 0c ,10 from 00 to 03... if u dont know how to do it..Conn will make a new ips.. i explain that to him

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 6:00 by Conn

I coded it from scratch and sent K the asm for consideration. With luck it works and you will have a flawless version soon.
K, make a write breakpoint at 2004 to remap the pcm:s and correct the loop table, there's no way to use your old track numbers unfortunately.

SFX is are difficult because some of the code is run in RAM, so I needed to transfer the msu code into a free ram region. I only needed 2 hooks for the new version. Let's cross fingers!

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 1:37 by Polargames

Conn wrote:I coded it from scratch and sent K the asm for consideration. With luck it works and you will have a flawless version soon.
K, make a write breakpoint at 2004 to remap the pcm:s and correct the loop table, there's no way to use your old track numbers unfortunately.

SFX is are difficult because some of the code is run in RAM, so I needed to transfer the msu code into a free ram region. I only needed 2 hooks for the new version. Let's cross fingers!

Oh, I see. Thank you for telling me that. It was something I did not know about SFX chip. :-) Also crossing fingers for you Conn to have it work Fingers crossed

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next