Rasberry pi and msu-1

Go down

Rasberry pi and msu-1 Empty Rasberry pi and msu-1

Post by JUD6MENT Wed 10 Oct 2018 - 14:13

Hey, i got a question. Is rasberry pi a good way to play msu-1 games? Will it play it without lag? Does it allow save state without a screw up? Right now i play msu-1 on my soft mod wii, which i like, but it doesnt save state msu-1 right and the amount i use my soft mod wii i am wearing down my controllers and a new wii pro controller is $80 right now, so i am looking for a new option. Also, if someone does recomend, what is a good guide to follow how to set up a rasberry pi to play all the fun old games as well as msu-1?
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Rasberry pi and msu-1 Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Rasberry pi and msu-1 Empty Re: Rasberry pi and msu-1

Post by Polargames Wed 10 Oct 2018 - 17:08

JUD6MENT wrote:Hey, i got a question. Is rasberry pi a good way to play msu-1 games? Will it play it without lag? Does it allow save state without a screw up? Right now i play msu-1 on my soft mod wii, which i like, but it doesnt save state msu-1 right and the amount i use my soft mod wii i am wearing down my controllers and a new wii pro controller is $80 right now, so i am looking for a new option. Also, if someone does recomend, what is a good guide to follow how to set up a rasberry pi to play all the fun old games as well as msu-1?

Oh yes, It does great with MSU1 games, that is how I have played them. Now the game that I had ran into issues with was kirby 3 because my power supply was underpowered, but it did struggle with SA-1, but I have heard it has gotten better. Yes you can use save state state, Retroarch allows for that. The program needed is retropie and an SD Card, the kind theat you use for video cams and smart phones, I would say at least 64 GB because of the size of MSU games. I have a ton of info for you, check your PM. Smile
Polargames
Polargames

Rasberry pi and msu-1 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 10 Oct 2018 - 17:24

Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 10 Oct 2018 - 17:59

Conn wrote:I found this info, maybe it helps
https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/13144/snes-msu-1-guide/2

Nice I was just about to post this also lol. This is great Jud6ment for MSU1, I had used this also. Well done Conn Very Happy
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Wed 10 Oct 2018 - 18:36

Thanks so much Polar and Conn. One question Polar, would a regular size SD card work or does it need to be a micro sd card? Im ok with investing in a micro if needed but I already own a regular size 64 gb sd card that I was hoping to use.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 10 Oct 2018 - 21:21

JUD6MENT wrote:Thanks so much Polar and Conn. One question Polar, would a regular size SD card work or does it need to be a micro sd card? Im ok with investing in a micro if needed but I already own a regular size 64 gb sd card that I was hoping to use.

It needs to be a micro sd card. Thats is the only way it will work for a raspberry pi because thats how big the slot is for it.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 11 Oct 2018 - 3:57

The author of this article, edale is also a member here,
https://www.zeldix.net/u1196

maybe you want to write him a pm, or he will read this and give you further advice Wink
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 11 Oct 2018 - 4:39

Polar sent me a pretty detailed message of how to do a retropie so i think i am set once i buy the stuff.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by gunterm Sun 24 Mar 2019 - 0:57

Use only the fastest Pi, I tried for fun on a $5 Zero W and it was awful, unplayable.

gunterm
Bee
Bee

Since : 2019-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Tue 25 Jun 2019 - 21:32

Ok, so i am finally going to get a raspberry pi emulator. About a year ago Polargames suggested I buy this one off amazon, is it still the best one, or has there been a better model that has came out within the last year. Hoping to find something that plays PS1 games, N64, and MSU-1 games well. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BC6WH7V/ref=asc_df_B07BC6WH7V1550228400000?tag=shopz0d-20&ascsubtag=shopzilla_mp_1359-20;15615125202338366392510080301008005&creative=395261&creativeASIN=B07BC6WH7V&linkCode=asn
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by gunterm Tue 25 Jun 2019 - 22:10

they just released the Pi 4 so definitely get that its much faster so you won't have to worry about it getting a bad framerate.

There are some other devices I wanted to get since they're portable handhelds and would run any version of the snes emulator. retrostone is supposed to be going to kickstarter for v2 soon...

gunterm
Bee
Bee

Since : 2019-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 26 Jun 2019 - 2:25

JUD6MENT wrote:Ok, so i am finally going to get a raspberry pi emulator. About a year ago Polargames suggested I buy this one off amazon, is it still the best one, or has there been a better model that has came out within the last year. Hoping to find something that plays PS1 games, N64, and MSU-1 games well. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BC6WH7V/ref=asc_df_B07BC6WH7V1550228400000?tag=shopz0d-20&ascsubtag=shopzilla_mp_1359-20;15615125202338366392510080301008005&creative=395261&creativeASIN=B07BC6WH7V&linkCode=asn

Yes JUD6MENT, That would be the best one to get as of right now for retropie. As @gunterm had said there is a new one called the raspberry pi 4, the link is here for that if you want to read more about it. https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b/. But amazon has yet to carry it though so I would not worrie to much about it. Also as of now the Raspberry Pi 4 does not run retropie yet, https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/22660/the-new-raspberry-pi-4-is-here

Now good news for your games play list is PS1 and MSU-1 games play great, but there are at time issues, but as long as you keep the emulators updated you should be fine with it. The sad part is that N64 is still a no go for the most part. There are some N64 games that can be played on it but to find a current updated list is a little tricky to find, and you also have to make sure things a configured the right way. Link to that is here https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Optimization-for-Nintendo-64. So its best to pass on N64 sadly.  

Also I would suggest at least a 128 GB sd card, because PS1 and MSU-1 games do take up a lot of room, mostly PS1 though. I hope this helps you out. :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Wed 26 Jun 2019 - 12:56

Ok, i got my order placed, thanks guys!
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 27 Jun 2019 - 2:46

JUD6MENT wrote:Ok, i got my order placed, thanks guys!

Your very Welcome Very Happy, Anytime dude. Feel free to ask for more info if you need some.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sun 30 Jun 2019 - 18:55

So i got everything to work for the most part. The first game I have installed is Megaman X MSU-1 and the music volume is very quiet, Is there a way to turn it up?
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sun 30 Jun 2019 - 19:08

actually, may just be my megaman x msu-1 game, my Donkey Kong Country 2 MSU-1 is working great. However, whenever a new song plays, it starts super quiet and slowly gets louder, and also every now and then the volume will be inconsistent on loudness, like it will get quieter for a split second and then correct itself. Is there a reason why or a fix
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sun 30 Jun 2019 - 19:24

Oh, lol, I got the solution again, I am going to post it just in case someone else runs across this problem. It was the smart tv setting. something called "volume leveling" was turned on, and it did not know how to interact with the raspberry pi correctly, so it was doing inconsistent volume adjustments on me. Everything is working correctly, other than my X1 msu-1, I probably have an old patch applied back when we had all those volume issues, probably a new patch and rom will do the trick.
'
Thanks Polar and everyone else for the guides to what to buy and how to do this. This is awesome!
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sun 30 Jun 2019 - 20:47

JUD6MENT wrote:Oh, lol, I got the solution again, I am going to post it just in case someone else runs across this problem. It was the smart tv setting. something called "volume leveling" was turned on, and it did not know how to interact with the raspberry pi correctly, so it was doing inconsistent volume adjustments on me. Everything is working correctly, other than my X1 msu-1, I probably have an old patch applied back when we had all those volume issues, probably a new patch and rom will do the trick.
'
Thanks Polar and everyone else for the guides to what to buy and how to do this. This is awesome!

Your welcome dude Very Happy. Another tip for you. Make sure every now and then you update the lr-snes9x emulator, use the update as binary, not update from source. If you update from source it will take a very long time. Just wanted to let you know. :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum