Zelda ALTTP Randomizer on OSX w/SNES9x Issues

Go down

Zelda ALTTP Randomizer on OSX w/SNES9x Issues Empty Zelda ALTTP Randomizer on OSX w/SNES9x Issues

Post by TanookiMonster Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 1:45

I've been trying in vain for several hours now to get MSU support to work with the Zelda ALTTP randomizer on OSX using SNES9x v1.55 (also tried v1.56, 1.59). I've got the following:

• SNES9x v1.55 downloaded, installed to OSX App directory
  • ALTTP Randomizer ROM downloaded from randomizer site (using the background music OFF option for MSU support)
  • ZIP of ALTTP PCM files decompressed to a single directory (all named alltp_msu-1.pcm, alttp_msu-2.pcm, etc.)
  • A "alttp_msu.msu" file in the same directory as the PCM files
  • The downloaded randomizer ROM renamed to "alttp_msu.sfc" and copied to the same directory as the PCM files + the alttp_msu.msu file

With all that in place, I launch the alttp_msu.sfc file in SNES9x. The game appears, I hear sound... but no music. I've tried multiple sound packs, multiple versions of SNES9x, but nothing seems to work. I'm including a screenshot of the directory I have the ROM in, along with SNES9x loading it (the screenshot shows no video, but it appears a second after I took it). I've read/re-read multiple readme files, but I can't find anything that would explain why this isn't working. If anyone has some tips for my poor lost soul, I'm all ears!

Sidenote: From what I've read, the ROM is pre-patched with the MSU IPS patch from the randomizer site. I've also tried patching it with other ips files I've found, but it either doesn't load, or makes no difference in the outcome.
Attachments
Zelda ALTTP Randomizer on OSX w/SNES9x Issues Attachment
alttp_screenshot.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(718 Kb) Downloaded 8 times

TanookiMonster
Newcomer

Since : 2019-04-13

Back to top Go down

Zelda ALTTP Randomizer on OSX w/SNES9x Issues Empty Re: Zelda ALTTP Randomizer on OSX w/SNES9x Issues

Post by Conn Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 6:10

Conn
Conn

Zelda ALTTP Randomizer on OSX w/SNES9x Issues Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Zelda ALTTP Randomizer on OSX w/SNES9x Issues Empty Re: Zelda ALTTP Randomizer on OSX w/SNES9x Issues

Post by TanookiMonster Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 12:16

Gave that one a shot-- still nothing :-(

TanookiMonster
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by TanookiMonster Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 16:52

Did some testing... the issue appears to be (as far as I can tell) related to OSX. The Windows versions of SNES9x load the MSU part just fine, but on the OSX side it just doesn't work (regardless of release). Curious to know if anyone else has had success getting MSUs to work on OSX, and if so, what emulator was used...

TanookiMonster
Newcomer

Back to top Go down