Just another random playthrough of the game!

Go down

Just another random playthrough of the game! Empty Just another random playthrough of the game!

Post by Floki Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 3:15

It's usually Erockbrox job to find new playthroughs for this hack, but I randomly stumbled into a one month old one!

Didn't had time to watch this one yet, but its a another full playthough so thought I'd post it here!

Floki

Just another random playthrough of the game! Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Just another random playthrough of the game! Empty Re: Just another random playthrough of the game!

Post by Erockbrox Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 21:33

Yes yes, hahahaha.

I usually (and I can't believe that I do this) look for every playthrough that I can find. Why? To see if there were any glitches or things that I may have missed or didn't foresee.

You can also see where the trouble areas are when people are stuck and have problems. Watching others play is a better way to be a video game designer and hone your skills.

Can't believe you found this when I didn't. Ha!

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Just another random playthrough of the game! Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Just another random playthrough of the game! Empty Re: Just another random playthrough of the game!

Post by Erockbrox Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 22:57

Okay I see something. In the first dungeon (black and white with blood), the guy playing the game gets the big key then traverses through the level in such a way such that he exits the big key door without ever using the big key to enter the door. See 32:19 of the first video to see when this happens.  

The result is that a graphics error appears because your exiting a door in which you never opened.

Just another random playthrough of the game! UzxxIC1

Funny thing is that, I knew about this other path but I guess I never did it with the door still locked. lol

But honestly not a big deal and nothing needs to be changed or fixed. But this is why I watch all of these play throughs because you learn and see all kinds of new things.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 0:05

Okay found something else. In the first video at the 1:13:20 mark, conker picks up a pot on the exact same frame that the chest appears invalidating the pot graphic tile. It's most likely is a bug in the original game and I had no idea that it even existed.

In other words the pot was picked up but the graphics never got updated so it looks like a pot is there even when it isn't.

Just another random playthrough of the game! ZOXJuI1

There is nothing to fix here, its just a rare bug in the game. I mean I've played this game for 20+ years and never seen this, wow.

Also on the Super Mario World hacking forums there is a forum which documents all of the known glitches for that game. Do we have such a section here, it might be useful to have one.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 3:30

Apparently you can push this one block out of bounds (see bottom of image), which is something I hadn't noticed. In my own special custom version of the game I believe I removed this.

Just another random playthrough of the game! 6bYqASN
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 4:00

I have played the hard mode many times and I have never seen this. The boss went into his 2nd attack phase with all the little babies (small enemies) still attached to him. See 4:06:10 mark in the video. The babies also would continuously spawn right on-top of the player making a guaranteed hit.

Just another random playthrough of the game! McTxe5J
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down