Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by NoNameSD on Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 13:26

This is a follow-up to my DKC1 uncompressed music pack.
If something is too loud/quiet or missing, please tell me!
This pack features uncompressed Donkey Kong Country 2 music!
(Uncompressed by YouTube Channel Jammin' Sam Miller)

Not all songs are currently uncompressed, so these have still the original audio in PCM form.
(Will be updated)

Update 1:Volume Fix17.04.2019
Update 2:Primal Rave added(dkc2_msu1-27.pcm)07.05.2019
Update 3:Klomp's Romp added(dkc2_msu1-6.pcm)29.05.2019
Update 4:Stickerbush Symphony updated(dkc2_msu1-9.pcm)12.06.2019
Lockjaw's Saga updated(dkc2_msu1-16.pcm)
Krook's March updated(dkc2_msu1-22.pcm)
Primal Rave updated(dkc2_msu1-27.pcm)
Update 5: Bayou Boogie added(dkc2_msu1-3.pcm)01.07.2019
Stickerbush Symphony updated(dkc2_msu1-9.pcm)
Update 6:Bayou Boogie updated(dkc2_msu1-3.pcm)18.07.2019
Funky The Main Monkey updated(dkc2_msu1-8.pcm)
Stickerbush Symphony updated(dkc2_msu1-9.pcm)
Flight of the Zinger updated(dkc2_msu1-11.pcm)
Crocodile Cacophony updated(dkc2_msu1-31.pcm)
Update 7:Lost World Anthem added(dkc2_msu1-28.pcm)23.07.2019
Update 8:Disco Train updated(dkc2_msu1-14.pcm)29.07.2019
Update 9:Stickerbush Symphony updated(dkc2_msu1-9.pcm)03.08.2019
Snakey Chantey updated(dkc2_msu1-18.pcm)
Update 10:Stickerbush Symphony updated(dkc2_msu1-9.pcm)04.08.2019
Lost World Anthem updated(dkc2_msu1-28.pcm)
Opening added(dkc2_msu1-17.pcm)
K.Rool Returns added(dkc2_msu1-2.pcm)
Update 11:Steel Drum Rhumba added(dkc2_msu1-24.pcm)05.08.2019
Lockjaw's Saga updated(dkc2_msu1-16.pcm)
Update 12:Steel Drum Rhumba updated(dkc2_msu1-24.pcm)06.08.2019
Update 13:Boss Bossanova added(dkc2_msu1-21.pcm)12.08.2019
Update 14:Steel Drum Rhumba updated(dkc2_msu1-24.pcm)15.08.2019
Update 15:Cranky's Conga added(dkc2_msu1-25.pcm)20.08.2019
Update 16:Stickerbush Symphony updated(dkc2_msu1-9.pcm)01.09.2019
Update 17:Token Tango (with win and lose) added(dkc2_msu1-135.pcm)06.09.2019
(dkc2_msu1-55.pcm)
(dkc2_msu1-95.pcm)
Update 18:Run, Rambi! Run! added(dkc2_msu1-211.pcm)18.09.2019
Update 19:Welcome to Crocodile Isle updated(dkc2_msu1-1.pcm)25.09.2019
Donkey Kong Rescued updated(dkc2_msu1-30.pcm)
Game Over updated(dkc2_msu1-20.pcm)
Primal Rave updated(dkc2_msu1-27.pcm)
Steel Drum Rhumba updated(dkc2_msu1-24.pcm)
Swanky's Swing added(dkc2_msu1-4.pcm)
Token Tango intro added(dkc2_msu1-15.pcm)
Update 20:Welcome to Crocodile Isle updated(dkc2_msu1-1.pcm)05.10.2019
KRool Returns updated(dkc2_msu1-2.pcm)
Bayou Boogie updated(dkc2_msu1-3.pcm)
In A Snowbound Land updated(dkc2_msu1-26.pcm)
Jib Jig updated(dkc2_msu1-29.pcm)
Klomp's Romp updated(dkc2_msu1-6.pcm)
Krook's March updated(dkc2_msu1-22.pcm)
Snakey Chantey updated(dkc2_msu1-18.pcm)
Update 21:Stronghold Showdown added(dkc2_msu1-19.pcm)08.10.2019
The Flying Krock added(dkc2_msu1-59.pcm)
Jib Jig updated(dkc2_msu1-29.pcm)
Stickerbush Symphony updated(dkc2_msu1-9.pcm)
Token Tango updated(dkc2_msu1-135.pcm)
Update 22:Jib Jig updated(dkc2_msu1-29.pcm)19.10.2019
Stickerbush Symphony updated(dkc2_msu1-9.pcm)
Stronghold Showdown updated(dkc2_msu1-19.pcm)
The Flying Krock updated(dkc2_msu1-59.pcm)
Update 23:Haunted Chase added(dkc2_msu1-23.pcm)01.11.2019
Update 24:Haunted Chase updated(dkc2_msu1-23.pcm)04.11.2019
Update 25:Haunted Chase updated(dkc2_msu1-23.pcm)13.11.2019

All currently uncompressed Songs

Welcome to Crocodile Isle
Mining Melancholy (Unfinished)
Funky The Main Monkey
Stickerbush Symphony
Flight of the Zinger
Hot Head Bop (Unfinished)
Disco Train
Lockjaw's Saga
Snakey Chantey
Game Over
Krook's March
In A Snowbound Land
Jib Jig
Donkey Kong Rescued
Crocodile Cacophony
Primal Rave
Klomp's Romp
Bayou Boogie
Lost World Anthem
Opening
K.Rool Returns
Steel Drum Rhumba
Boss Bossanova
Cranky's Conga
Token Tango
Run, Rambi! Run!
Swanky's Swing
Stronghold Showdown
The Flying Krock
Haunted Chase

Download patch

Download pack

Demo video is running on SD2SNES on +9.5dB mode


Last edited by NoNameSD on Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 15:55; edited 33 times in total
NoNameSD
NoNameSD

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image110

Since : 2019-03-03

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by Conn on Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 19:22

Again much thanks, I added your pcm set to the patch download thread.
https://www.zeldix.net/t1445-donkey-kong-country-2
Conn
Conn

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by Polargames on Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 19:49

NoNameSD wrote:This is a follow-up to my DKC1 uncompressed music pack.
If something is too loud/quiet or missing, please tell me!
This pack features uncompressed Donkey Kong Country 2 music!
(Uncompressed by YouTube Channel Jammin' Sam Miller)

Not all songs are currently uncompressed, so these have still the original audio in PCM form.
(Will be updated)


All currently uncompressed Songs

Welcome to Crocodile Isle
Mining Melancholy (Unfinished)
Funky The Main Monkey
Stickerbush Symphony
Flight of the Zinger
Hot Head Bop (Unfinished)
Disco Train
Lockjaw's Saga
Snakey Chantey
Game Over
Krook's March
In A Snowbound Land
Jib Jig
Donkey Kong Rescued
Crocodile Cacophony

Download patch

Download pack


Hello NonameSD, Its me again lol. Now I would like to say that there are some areas that you will need to in cress the volume on. The levels that need an in cress in are the Level finished song, the bonus rooms and the main level map and the intro( Minus the R logo thats fine). Those are areas that really need it. I would say about 5+ db should work on that part. Now for the decrease, The creaking of the ship is way over powered. It really makes the ship music hard to hear. I think a good 5- db should do it for that. For the rest of the songs, well that is where I think you need to fix them. Now again I played this on snes9x V 1.58 and I had to turn the volume up to 10 because of said issues. But over all you did well. I would fix those and then play the waiting game because the rest might be fine for other people and I don't want you to fix it, if it does not need to be. I hope that helps. O I also PM you something also. Have a great week :-).
Polargames
Polargames

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by NoNameSD on Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 12:41

Polargames wrote:Hello NonameSD, Its me again lol. Now I would like to say that there are some areas that you will need to in cress the volume on. The levels that need an in cress in are the Level finished song, the bonus rooms and the main level map and the intro( Minus the R logo thats fine). Those are areas that really need it. I would say about 5+ db should work on that part. Now for the decrease, The creaking of the ship is way over powered. It really makes the ship music hard to hear. I think a good 5- db should do it for that.  For the rest of the songs, well that is where I think you need to fix them. Now again I played this on snes9x V 1.58 and I had to turn the volume up  to 10 because of said issues. But over all you did well. I would fix those and then play the waiting game because the rest might be fine for other people and I don't want you to fix it, if it does not need to be. I hope that helps. O I also PM you something also. Have a great week :-).
Thank you for your feedback! I adjusted the volume for said songs. And have a great week too :D
NoNameSD
NoNameSD

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image110

Since : 2019-03-03

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by Conn on Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 13:45

I added the cover art from polargames to the pack:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1445-donkey-kong-country-2

I love consistency... if you could do some artwork for the packs of Jud6Ment and Colines too, polargames, I'd be gratefiul. - But no worries if you do not have time for that Wink
Conn
Conn

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by Polargames on Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 15:04

Conn wrote:I added the cover art from polargames to the pack:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1445-donkey-kong-country-2

I love consistency... if you could do some artwork for the packs of Jud6Ment and Colines too, polargames, I'd be gratefiul. - But no worries if you do not have time for that Wink

I can do that for you Conn, No problem on that :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by Conn on Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 16:02

Muchas gracias, senior Smile
Conn
Conn

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by Polargames on Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 16:31

de nada Conn Smile
Polargames
Polargames

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by Conn on Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 5:08

Thanks for the pm with the additional boxart, polargames. I updated the patch thread with them Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by qwertymodo on Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 10:34

I've been following Sam's restorations for several months now and converting them as he releases... I guess I should have said something, but I was waiting for him to complete the full OST first. Something worth noting, he has gone back and redone a few of the tracks more than once as he's gotten better at it and come up with improvements he missed the first time around, so it may be worth holding off until he's done to avoid having to redo the conversions multiple times as well.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by NoNameSD on Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 11:37

qwertymodo wrote:I've been following Sam's restorations for several months now and converting them as he releases... I guess I should have said something, but I was waiting for him to complete the full OST first. Something worth noting, he has gone back and redone a few of the tracks more than once as he's gotten better at it and come up with improvements he missed the first time around, so it may be worth holding off until he's done to avoid having to redo the conversions multiple times as well.
I was actually wondering why nobody has done these before me. Looks like I have the answer now...
Concerning the redo's, the songs would still have the same structure, so the same loop points would probably still work. If I'm right, then all I would have to do is download the updated version, replace the old one, run through the conversion tool and upload the changed track. That's not that big of a hassle for me.
I don't know if I should do DKC3, because at the moment he only has done 4 tracks and you are already on it, so for me it's probably not worth the effort.
NoNameSD
NoNameSD

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image110

Since : 2019-03-03

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by Conn on Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 11:47

I don't think it is mandatory to have a complete set, we have many mixed spc/msu sets, like latest lufia. DKC1 should be complete though since it has no spc fallback - if songs are replaced one day I am fine with an announcement (but please don't change the download link if possible, since I need to do some maintainance then).


One other question, can somebody clear up the difference between this uncompressed sam miller stuff and bluetronic restoration?
http://www.dkc-atlas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2230
Themes:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0keg05vl6xwt3wz/AABpg5Wxg1fCjyPIhg71F80Ya?dl=0

Are these the same themes, or different? If different, is a msu version of bluetronic project desireable?
Conn
Conn

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by NoNameSD on Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 16:15

Conn wrote:I don't think it is mandatory to have a complete set, we have many mixed spc/msu sets, like latest lufia. DKC1 should be complete though since it has no spc fallback - if songs are replaced one day I am fine with an announcement (but please don't change the download link if possible, since I need to do some maintainance then).


One other question, can somebody clear up the difference between this uncompressed sam miller stuff and bluetronic restoration?
http://www.dkc-atlas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2230
Themes:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0keg05vl6xwt3wz/AABpg5Wxg1fCjyPIhg71F80Ya?dl=0

Are these the same themes, or different? If different, is a msu version of bluetronic project desireable?
I've looked into it and they're definitely the same guy.
The BlueTronic Account links directly to Sam's YouTube Playlist and his Twitter Account and has the same Dropbox link, that's posted under every YouTube Video of Sam's restorations.
Sam's Twitter Account also links to a Soundcloud, which has blue_tronic in its URL.

So yeah, it's the same one.
NoNameSD
NoNameSD

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image110

Since : 2019-03-03

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by Conn on Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 17:46

Much thanks for the clarification. I hope he will continue/finish his work - e.g., my most favorite theme is life in the mines... which version did you take in your set until Sam composes this?
Conn
Conn

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by NoNameSD on Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 18:10

Conn wrote:Much thanks for the clarification. I hope he will continue/finish his work - e.g., my most favorite theme is life in the mines... which version did you take in your set until Sam composes this?
I took an unfinished Version (meaning that it has still some samples from the game, because he couldn't find the original ones) from his Dropbox.
The flac file that I took no longer exist there, because reasons..
Only the FL-Studio files are still there, which I can't get to work properly, because he didn't link all the samples, that he used.
NoNameSD
NoNameSD

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image110

Since : 2019-03-03

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by Conn on Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 18:36

I just listen to it, sounds georgeous! So we can be lucky that you somehow got your hands on the unfinished version that was later removed Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by Polargames on Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 21:40

Conn wrote:Thanks for the pm with the additional boxart, polargames. I updated the patch thread with them Very Happy


Your very Welcome Conn. Happy you liked them. Is there any more you would like me to do? It would not be any trouble for if you want more.
Polargames
Polargames

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by qwertymodo on Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 23:01

I think it's worth waiting for him to finish because he's been working on them really consistently, and has been very clear about his intent to finish the full trilogy OST. If we keep updating every time he posts one, people will keep having to re-download every time. Of course, you're free to do whatever you like, just my opinion on the matter.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by Conn on Fri 19 Apr 2019 - 5:34

How many themes are missing in DKC1 and DKC2? I expect DKC3 being some years until he is done (when there are only 4 finished yet).
Maybe somebody should inform him about his music utilized as msu pack to give some motivation Wink

@NoNameSD
when comparing your set with that from Jud6Ment, these themes are missing in your DKC2 set:
71, 111,151
Conn
Conn

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by qwertymodo on Fri 19 Apr 2019 - 6:04

I think the main hold-up on DKC3 is that he still hasn't identified or managed to acquire some of the samples. He's aware of the MSU-1, and is as excited to see the result as the rest of us. He streams live on YouTube while he's working on them, and lately it seems like he's online at least once or twice a week, with songs taking one or two sessions to complete. I really don't think we're looking at a timeline of years at this point. What I really want to see though is find someone who can extract the tracks from the GBA port of DKC3, because there are some different tracks in that port that were actually composed by David Wise, the original composer for the first two games (he wasn't brought back for the original SNES release of DKC3, but then he was for the GBA version).
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by Conn on Fri 19 Apr 2019 - 6:08

That sounds amazing! Can you post some examples of the gba port?
Conn
Conn

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by qwertymodo on Fri 19 Apr 2019 - 6:33

It's like 3:30am here and I should really be asleep, but if you compare the SNES and GBA soundtracks for DKC3 you'll find some differences, and of those differences, the GBA ones are by the original composer, David Wise.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by NoNameSD on Fri 19 Apr 2019 - 8:15

Conn wrote:How many themes are missing in DKC1 and DKC2? I expect DKC3 being some years until he is done (when there are only 4 finished yet).
Maybe somebody should inform him about his music utilized as msu pack to give some motivation Wink

@NoNameSD
when comparing your set with that from Jud6Ment, these themes are missing in your DKC2 set:
71, 111,151
(Counting unfinished tracks as missing)
In DKC1 there are 12 tracks missing and in DKC2 88 tracks, but you must take into consideration, that DKC2 has 63 variations of Victory / Death Jingles (not counting 71, 111,151).

In the tracklist of the MSU patch for DKC2, the tracks 71, 111,151 are marked as unused variants of the Victory / Death Jingles for the K. Rool fight.
NoNameSD
NoNameSD

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image110

Since : 2019-03-03

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by Conn on Fri 19 Apr 2019 - 12:58

Thanks again for clarification Wink
I hope it takes not too long until Sam finds the time to compose the rest, but there seem to be many, many left (100 you count+almost complete DKC3 set).

I'm more or less neutral to the question whether you want to replace a theme with each published and announce it everytime or wait for a bulk of maybe 5-10 themes until you refresh your google drive mirror - maybe I am a bit for the latter and thus with qwerty to wait. But the choice is yours.
Conn
Conn

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1)

Post by NoNameSD on Fri 19 Apr 2019 - 15:51

Conn wrote:Thanks again for clarification Wink
I hope it takes not too long until Sam finds the time to compose the rest, but there seem to be many, many left (100 you count+almost complete DKC3 set).

I'm more or less neutral to the question whether you want to replace a theme with each published and announce it everytime or wait for a bulk of maybe 5-10 themes until you refresh your google drive mirror - maybe I am a bit for the latter and thus with qwerty to wait. But the choice is yours.
I looked at the patch thread for DKC3 and saw a "Real" PCM Set, that converted all the SPC tracks to PCM tracks, like I do for the missing tracks. It would make my job much easier if I could use that pack to fill the missing tracks of Sam's DKC3 restorations, but I think I should ask before I do that. Embarassed
NoNameSD
NoNameSD

Uncompressed DKC2 music back into DKC2 (MSU1) Image110

Since : 2019-03-03

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum