CHRT Extra Spicy Bosse Patch

Go down

CHRT Extra Spicy Bosse Patch Empty CHRT Extra Spicy Bosse Patch

Post by Devan2002 Fri 10 May 2019 - 21:52

I'm hoping that there can be a patch file that makes all the bosses behave the exact same as the "Extra Spicy" mode from Conker's High Rule Tail.
Devan2002
Devan2002

CHRT Extra Spicy Bosse Patch Image213

Since : 2017-10-30

Back to top Go down

CHRT Extra Spicy Bosse Patch Empty Re: CHRT Extra Spicy Bosse Patch

Post by Floki Sat 11 May 2019 - 0:04

I released all the asm files of that project a while back, here:

https://www.zeldix.net/t1340-conker-asm-files-final

Look for a file named _omph.asm.txt (oddly enough the only asm patch in the pack that has that useless txt extension). That's the bosses patch for High Rule Tail! It doesn't work on its own through.

First, you need to add a sign in overworld area 21 which can hopefully be access only in the beginning sequence (so players can't return and change the difficulty after a couple bosses), and then edit monologues 222, 223 and 224. Monologue 222 being the question that you ask (eg. what difficulty you prefer?) and then monologues 223 and 224 being the two possible answers and difficulties. 223 being HARD MODE and 224 being EASY mode.

I don't know if there's more to it through, but I know there's a couple more files related to the bosses like:

agahnim_superboss.asm - That's related to the 3rd Agahnim fight, that special harder boss!

lightningfix.asm - fixes Agahnim lightning gfx in all his rooms (because they were glitched in my rom, dunno if thats the case if applied to the original zelda 3). There's also a agahnim_lightning_fix.asm, but that one is a day older so the other one must be the final one!

GanonPimping.asm - That's related to the last boss!

ganon_fix2.asm - If I remember right, that patch turns Ganon white when he's vulnerable with the arrows. That's because my fully black ganon sprite didn't changed colors at all lol so ganon would just be stunned but it was hard to notice so Conn changed him to white!

I'm pretty sure there's other files that relates to the bosses, but you'll have to dig further in the archive yourself, my memory of that game isn't very good anymore and that was Euclid's job to do all that extra amazing asm work!

Floki

CHRT Extra Spicy Bosse Patch Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Devan2002 Sat 11 May 2019 - 8:50

Is there a way I can force it to Extra Spicy only?
Devan2002
Devan2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 11 May 2019 - 17:41

I think Euclid would know this, since if I remember the main word was, what the "default" value is, and I insisted on "normal" (in case you would somehow miss out the sign and go pass it without reading it). So in your case, you would need this value to rather be "spicy" by default and so you don't need the sign or the messages then.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 11 May 2019 - 18:55

As Puzzledude stated, the default difficulty was hardmode, so this should be a simple fix in the 0mph asm patch.

If I remember right you need to set the 7EF32E ram value to 00 to begin in hard mode. Right now its set to 01 (easy mode) by default.

Floki

CHRT Extra Spicy Bosse Patch Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Devan2002 Sat 25 May 2019 - 22:29

Trying to apply these changes is really being difficult with me, in some cases, it would seem better to have them as compressed IPS patches, though I could probably do that myself, I did afterall manage to take both the custom songs from CHRT and make it into a patch file which works for all versions of ALttP (English, Japanese, even Randomizer).
Devan2002
Devan2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 26 May 2019 - 5:37

it would seem better to have them as compressed IPS patches
Bad idea, for what would the original file be. ASM needs to be presented exactly the way it is, as an ASM file.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down