MSU 1 for..... the megadrive ! The Mega SD

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

MSU 1 for..... the megadrive ! The Mega SD - Page 4 Empty Re: MSU 1 for..... the megadrive ! The Mega SD

Post by Polargames on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 15:44

Relikk wrote:
Brutapode89 wrote:Hey guys. We could believe to a MSU-1 for PC Engine, why not.

Example: If we would like hear Neutopia & Neutopia II in CD audio.

I'm imagining that in my head but I don't know if I'm right.

It's probably possible, but nothing supports it. MSU1-like functions have to be programmed into something that can utilise it, like the SD2SNES flash cart (or BSNES, SNES9x etc.), or in the case of MD+, the MegaSD flash cart. So, with the PC Engine, the Super SD System 3 add-on would have to have the capability to perform similar functions to those other flash carts, but currently it does not and there has never been a hint that it might in the future.

The only thing that has been hinted at, again for the MegaSD, is doing MS+ for Master System games in the same way MD+ does for Mega Drive/Genesis games. Not something I'm particularly excited about, but no doubt some people would be.

MS+, really? Confused  I did not know that might be the next system? I know this might sound stupid of me asking but how? and would about only like a few games get it?

If this does happen some how, would then in theory the NES be the better system in terms of games because of the huge library over the Master System?  

Polargames
Polargames

MSU 1 for..... the megadrive ! The Mega SD - Page 4 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

MSU 1 for..... the megadrive ! The Mega SD - Page 4 Empty Re: MSU 1 for..... the megadrive ! The Mega SD

Post by Relikk on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 16:05

Polargames wrote:MS+, really? Confused  I did not know that might be the next system? I know this might sound stupid of me asking but how? and would about only like a few games get it?

MS+ would be a part of the MegaSD functionality. The Mega Drive/Genesis hardware can play Master System games as is. During the console's lifetime there was an official adapter, or addon released that attached to the Mega Drive that allowed you to play Master System games. And it was an adapter because of the different shape of the MS cartridges and cards, but it's literally just a passthrough adapter.

MSU 1 for..... the megadrive ! The Mega SD - Page 4 Ad08610a-c4bc-11e3-9962-d45c6f40fc9a

So, adding the ability to load MS ROM's to MD/Genesis flash catridges eliminates the need for the adapter.

I suppose the NES would be considered the better console, but I had neither growing up, when I did most of my gaming, so I can't say. I had Atari 2600's and Commodore 64's. My first console was a Super Nintendo in '92. The Street Fighter II bundle.
Relikk
Relikk

MSU 1 for..... the megadrive ! The Mega SD - Page 4 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 16:32

Wow, I did not know that sega did that, I had the OG Master system, and NES when I was a kid, and did not have a mega drive at all. So the adapter I never even knew about and seen.

Thanks for adding the photo also. :-D

As much as I enjoy my mega drive, there was not a lot of great games from it. The only game that was my favorite was Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap. That's about it. I also had ALF and boy did that game suck lol. But that's just me. I understand what you mean, I had a family member I for got which one, but they had Atari 2600 that I enjoy Pong on that, would play that hours on hand, and my grandparents had the Commodore Amiga 500, I really loved that also, so did my grandfather. When you don't own thoes systems yourself its hard to say what is better. My first console was the NES, with a lot of games that where passed down from friends when the got the snes and did not want there NES at all. Boy if Nintendo would of done a adapter for NES games passthrew to snes, my game libary would be super small. lol
Polargames
Polargames

MSU 1 for..... the megadrive ! The Mega SD - Page 4 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum