Super Punch-Out!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Super Punch-Out!! Empty Super Punch-Out!!

Patch v5 (01/03/2020:
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/spo_msu1.zip

Pcms:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ocltinu81lsmw7r/spnchout.rar/file

Note: the patch expands the rom automatically to 2.5 MB

Last edited by kurrono on Wed 14 Aug 2019 - 1:23; edited 1 time in total
kurrono
kurrono

Super Punch-Out!! Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Super Punch-Out!! :: Comments

Post Tue 13 Aug 2019 - 7:55 by pev

@Kurrono Congrats on your release, my friend. Well done. Wink

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Tue 13 Aug 2019 - 12:00 by JUD6MENT

Oh this is awesome guys! This is one of the titles i wanted a MSU-1 for but didn't want to bother our last remaining hackers with more request so never asked. Im really excited to give this one a go, thanks for the release!

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 13 Aug 2019 - 18:35 by Polargames

AWESOME!!!!!!!! Great Job Kurrono :-D

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 15 Aug 2019 - 13:18 by shinobi68

Hi, thanks for this Patch. I've applied it as usual, but I still have the normal music. All the others games plays music correctly but not this one. Any help appreciated, thanks

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Thu 15 Aug 2019 - 21:29 by Polargames

shinobi68 wrote:Hi, thanks for this Patch. I've applied it as usual, but I still have the normal music. All the others games plays music correctly but not this one. Any help appreciated, thanks

Hello shinobi68, I am Polargames, Feel free to call me Polar. To answer your post are your useing a emulator on a PC , raspberry pi? If you are make shure its the newest version of snes9x or bsnes. Those two are the best ones for msu-1 games and 9 times out of ten the games play without an issue. If you are useing a Raspberry Pi with retro pie, make sure you updated lr-snes9x and or bsnes by going into the settings of the pie and updating the emulators by binary code.

If your using a sd2snes, bake shure the folder is set up right and everything is name the correct way. If they are, then I think you have a bad game file. To fix that you will just have to look for a new one. I hope this helps you out. :-D

Back to top Go down

D2DEZEL

Post Fri 16 Aug 2019 - 3:11 by D2DEZEL

hello me it does not work I think I did just right. the patch is well applied and everything is well named

Back to top Go down

Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com

Post Fri 16 Aug 2019 - 7:18 by Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com

I seem to have the same issue that D2DEZEL using snes9x v1.57. I will double check with my SD2SNES later

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 16 Aug 2019 - 8:33 by pev

@ToAll Hmm, the patch works fine (as far as playing PCM files). I patched a clean non-headered Super Punch-Out!! rom with CRC: E2F92F84. Kurrono's current PCM pack does not cover all the music in the game just some. The missing ones you will just hear the original SPC music.

@Kurrono There is a bug in this patch where the SPC and PCM music play together for the other tracks not part of your PCM pack (for example, if you play track 255, it will play the PCM and SPC together, the intro demo fight). Not sure if SPC fallback or hard mute is correctly implemented. It happens on both bsnes and snes9x. Your source code is not available for review.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 16 Aug 2019 - 9:00 by Conn

Pev, I sent you the asm. Will look into it later if you can't find out. Had a hard time finding the mute for Justice League the last days Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 16 Aug 2019 - 9:57 by pev

@Conn Thanks. I sent you an updated ASM file with SPC fallback implemented. I briefly tested it (it does work). If you concur with the changes, I can update the IPS file. Also, was a track map done for this game?

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 16 Aug 2019 - 10:29 by pev

@Conn Ah, I see what is going on. I tested it further and found out that only the hex value of 26 is always being written to $2004 most of the time. MSU code is working is just only one track is being written to MSU all the time (at least, from what I am seeing tracing the code).
In the source, I do not see where the game track is being referenced from.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 16 Aug 2019 - 10:37 by Conn

Thanks Pev Very Happy
New ips is up (first post). IPS size is 210 bytes. If it isn't clear browser history so that Firefox does not take the previously downloaded file.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 16 Aug 2019 - 11:05 by pev

@Conn Ok, I figured it out. The LDX $22 was placed after STA $2004. In this case, the correct track will never get written to play. I emailed you the corrected ASM with my changes with notes.

Last edited by pepillopev on Sat 17 Aug 2019 - 11:03; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 16 Aug 2019 - 11:39 by pev

@ToAll I updated the IPS patch file (it now stands at v3). Please re-download and test it. Let me know if MSU works now for you all.

Back to top Go down

Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com

Post Fri 16 Aug 2019 - 12:48 by Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com

Now we are talking! Thanks guys it does work now no issues at all. Great job!

Back to top Go down

D2DEZEL

Post Fri 16 Aug 2019 - 20:20 by D2DEZEL

thank you guys you're doing a great job!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 16 Aug 2019 - 21:37 by pev

@Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com & @D2DEZEL I’m glad it worked. I’m still puzzled why the initial patch went unnoticed at first. I only became concerned when three people reported the same issue. Nonetheless, I’m glad it is fixed now.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Aug 2019 - 4:37 by shinobi68

Thanks for your fast support and your incredible work. It's working fine for me as well Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Aug 2019 - 6:50 by pev

@shinobi68 Much thanks to Kurrono and Conn as well for this release. We help each other out from time to time in a speedy fashion. I cannot count how many times Conn helped me out of weird issues such as this.

Glad we were able to address this. Guess we can consider this matter close. (breathes a sigh of relief).

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Aug 2019 - 6:51 by pev

@shinobi68 Much thanks to Kurrono and Conn as well for this release. We help each other out from time to time in a speedy fashion. I cannot count how many times Conn helped me out of weird issues such as this.

Glad we were able to address this. Guess we can consider this matter close. (breathes a sigh of relief).

Back to top Go down

D2DEZEL

Post Fri 3 Jan 2020 - 11:16 by D2DEZEL

I tested Super Punch-Out !!! on SD2SNES There is a buzz when the boxing match begins

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 3 Jan 2020 - 15:16 by Conn

I see the mistake in the asm... I'll try to take care of it.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 3 Jan 2020 - 15:32 by Conn

Ok, try the v4 patch in first post... I didn't test at all, so please report if any bugs.

Back to top Go down

D2DEZEL

Post Fri 3 Jan 2020 - 15:52 by D2DEZEL

the screen freezes in the game menu

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next