Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US)

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US) - Page 4 Empty Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US)

Patch v3 (10/18/2019 Damcyan Castle remapped):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/ff2j_msu1.zip

PCM Packs:
- Final Fantasy IV OCRemix & Others-Set Edited presented by darthvaderx v2 (damcyan castle separated)
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bJYHqG0C5oJ9tieYZzgoR8zBSg3f2VvE

- Kurrono set fixed by darthvaderx v2-
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16ErxV4JlSjQ0nvO38Tf7ofRqUP0Zm2cN/view?usp=sharing

- Mathew Valente's Synthetic Origins presented by Brett_d92:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G89ey947l_ww1OQ2diCg7OqF_-JlJ34U
YouTube Preview

Enterprise Edition PCM Pack:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12TQwjxEcVGJTYl4y5DwegdDWrSTdG_O5
To use with the FF4: Free Enterprise Project: http://ff4fe.com/

Note:
- Get any Final Fantasy IV rom (US or Jap), non-headered! E.g., name is Final Fantasy IV (Japan) (Rev 1).sfc!
- Optionally: Apply any  translation patch.
- Check your rom size (some translation patches expand the rom to 1.5 MB). Ensure your rom has no header (some translation patches require one, if, remove it before applying the msu patch)
 - If your rom size is 1 MB, apply ff2_msu1_1MB.ips
 - if your rom size is 1.5 mb apply ff2_msu1_1.5MB.ips

Last edited by kurrono on Wed 14 Aug 2019 - 1:21; edited 2 times in total
kurrono
kurrono

Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US) - Page 4 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US) :: Comments

Conn

Post Fri 18 Oct 2019 - 13:48 by Conn

ok, added v2.

That was my fault, I patched against a 1MB rom, so it automatically expanded the rom to 1.5 MB. In the new patch package, I included 2 versions
- one for the original 1 MB
- one if a translation patch is preapplied that expands the rom to 1.5 MB

Redownload from first post (still says v3 since the code didn't change)

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 19 Oct 2019 - 8:43 by Highblade7777

In the new PCM pack for Kurrono, there is a file ff2a_msu1-229. Does this need relabled to replace ff2j_msu1-229?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 19 Oct 2019 - 9:05 by darthvaderx

Oops, it was another mistake of mine, it's actually ffj2_msu1-229, I just updated this set correcting the name and adding the ff2j_msu1-230, please rename it to V2 too.

Thanks for the report. Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 19 Oct 2019 - 9:09 by Conn

Are you sure? It still says ff2a when using this link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e2-gsqQyLjXs4A2-3sii3qciZUJTLvae/view?usp=sharing

also some tracks have a capital "J" while others have a small "j"

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 19 Oct 2019 - 9:16 by Highblade7777

I hesitated because the files are not the same size.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 19 Oct 2019 - 9:20 by darthvaderx

Sorry, I just fixed this too now, try downloading it again and see if you get the file 'new pcm V2.zip' (the previous one was 7z).

Thank you again.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 19 Oct 2019 - 10:57 by Conn

Now it works, except the name "new pcm.7z.zip" is a bit strange. But don't bother to fix, it works flawless and I guess you will release a complete K set anyways in a time Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 19 Oct 2019 - 11:02 by darthvaderx

If I tell you that I'm not very satisfied with my set yet do you believe it?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 20 Oct 2019 - 4:55 by Conn

I don't believe it since I listened into your set and for my ears it is perfect Very Happy but I remember you wanted to have themes that are redundant (e.g., battle2 is used by multiple track id:s), given a different theme.
I'd also hope that it is possible to fix K's set soon so we can close this chapter for good Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Oct 2019 - 14:51 by darthvaderx

It was finally done, but it's not the final version. In addition to normalizing the sound volume, I have edited the tracks in such a way that most of the time you will not know when the music ends and restarts, other times it was not possible I decrease the 'fade out / fade in' range as much as possible. Finally working with the Kurrono set I discovered a few more little mistakes on my own, so later I will release a separate mini update.

Thanks. Razz (Conn)

kurrono pcm pack V2

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 20 Oct 2019 - 15:29 by Conn

Thanks for the update, I will put it into first post, if you can tell me how, is it still necessary to have 2 links (one your fixes, one K's original), or can we just put your v2 as Kurrono set as a single link?

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Oct 2019 - 15:35 by darthvaderx

You don't need the fix anymore, it's all in the pack. So single link.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 20 Oct 2019 - 17:00 by Conn

Thanks, updated first post Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 6:25 by Hydra Spectre

I hope that there's a Final Fantasy IV DS Remake PCM set.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 6:51 by Conn

There will probably be a set by Mathew Valente, once edale has time for it (he is quite busy with FF5 at the moment).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwarUNrYV8

...but no other plans yet. If you like you can try to make this set yourself Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pDXdaWS9-Q

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 6:06 by Brett_d92

I started putting together a version using Mathews "Synthetic Origins" set, got all the trim and loop points noted down.

Was gonna test it with one of the tracks but can't put together the files needed from getting constant "parse error" issues in msupcm, even though it fully matches what I saw in qwertymodo's tutorial, so I'm stuck (I'm hopeless with this stuff).

I could give the text file with the trim/loop points if anyone was interested in continuing.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 7:07 by Conn

That's awesome you want to make this set happen. I was in contact with Mathew and promised him to find somebody to pcm his set.

Usually parse errors are due to invalid syntax, clamps too few, many or such things. I guess you use a json file. Could you send some of your work so we can maybe check the code?

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 7:18 by Brett_d92

Yeah, the Synthetic Origins set is the only one that feels most authentic to me, was willing to try it out for myself if I could do it.

I did make a json on one of the songs just as a test, though from what I saw, even just launching msupcm on its own via CMD was coming up with the parse error too, no idea why, might have been the way I had the json named, had one named ff4 and tracks.

Here's the files I have, the test json changed to txt so it could attach as well as the list with sync/trim for each track (got two for Red Wings cause I have no idea how the loop point works for that, with how the track plays later on in the game without the start bit, made a loop section for when it starts at those points in the game.)
Attachments
Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US) - Page 4 Attachment
MSU loop points.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
ff4test.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 7:36 by Conn

Two syntax errors I found:

"artist": "Mathew Valente"
is missing a comma

"trim_end": 5392567

is missing a comma too

{
   "$schema:": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/qwertymodo/msupcmplusplus/master/configs/schema#",
   "game": "Final Fantasy IV",
   "pack": "Final Fantasy IV Synthetic Origins",
   "artist": "Mathew Valente",
   "normalization": -21,
   "output_prefix": "ff2j_msu",
   "tracks": "track_number": 58,
           "title": "Red Wings",
           "file": "ff4\\02 - Red Wings.flac",
           "trim_start": 19403,
           "trim_end": 5392567,
           "loop": 2795156
       }
   ]
}

for comparison you here's the json from chrono trigger:[/color]
Attachments
chrone_json.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(4 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 13:58 by Brett_d92

Oof, that was it, compared it with your Chrono one, funny how I missed that when I was looking at his tutorial many times on it (not a good idea to try it at around 1am Very Happy ). Tried it out on that track and came out this time. Thanks for that.

Also, would the normalization matter much for this? Not sure what to have them set to.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 14:04 by Conn

Glad it is resolved Very Happy when programming you must be as pedantic as possible with syntax...

The normalization is the decrease of the volume (in decible). You need to try out if you need that reduction of -21db is necessary through playing FF4. If the volume level is too loud, they'll cover the sound effects (SFX). Then you definitely need the normalization.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 14:07 by Brett_d92

Yep. I knew what normalization was, just not for what the tracks had in the previous set darthvaderx put up. Though I think -21 was quite low when I tried it out in the game, will have to lower it a bit.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 14:17 by Conn

It's a logarithmic scale so low decrease can have high impact. Usually, if -21 is too low, -18 is the value to use... but this can also vary from track to track... so there may be some which need -21, others -18, others maybe none at all.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 14:26 by Brett_d92

Tried -18 before and it sounded good to me, that should be fine now. I should have something up today hopefully.

Just discovered I had a complete save from many years ago at the last dungeon, that solves my Red Wings loop question. Looks like the previous pack had it set to play from the beginning at that point in the game. Gonna fix that too.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 14:49 by Conn

There's also another thing, if you download the patch:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/ff2j_msu1.zip

and open "final tracklist.txt", you notice that e.g. battle theme 2 is occuring around 11 times (others may also be double). You need to have them so many times unfortunately (copy/paste/rename). It's approximately enlarging the size of your pack for about 300 MB (+8% maybe), but that's better to have them redundant than me to code it and playtest all over and over again...

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next