Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters - Page 3 Empty Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters

Last edited by kurrono on Mon 25 Nov 2019 - 18:59; edited 12 times in total
kurrono
kurrono

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters - Page 3 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters :: Comments

Post Wed 20 Nov 2019 - 18:35 by Señor Ventura

kurrono wrote:Sr Ventura u download that days ago..that's not my latest patch.... E5 is replaced by B0... And Karai's letter is 2A ..redownload again...I already changed that patch to a new one..patch it again and test....let me know

Yes, it was with the last patch, but not a clean rom, so that must be the reason of the error.

Now triggers (E5) when you choose story mode, but just after triggers (B0), so it must be muting the "select screen".

Then, when the arrow appears, (2A) is triggered to mute the music, but after that (1B) is not triggered for "karai's letter" to play.

After that, during the zeppelin scene, (10) is triggered to mute a theme that hasn't been triggered before (first "karai's letter", and then another theme interrumpting karai's letter for a theme that i don't have between my .pcm's, but we could let it be without patching, cause it only plays during 2 or 3 seconds).

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 20 Nov 2019 - 20:24 by kurrono

Do me a favor u need to see how spc music goes on tmnttf..visit zophar spc Google it and download ...the spc of the game the triggers are find St.Ventura just hear the songs in spc..oh u might need a plugin to play spc music with winamp...that way u know I'm not wrong..the music triggers are fine that's how it goes

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 20 Nov 2019 - 20:25 by kurrono

And the mute is created by putting songs non-loop..

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 21 Nov 2019 - 6:41 by Señor Ventura

kurrono wrote:And the mute is created by putting songs non-loop..

But karai's letter is a theme that only plays one time, Do i force the loop then?.

And the previous theme (turtle power, for select screen), is triggered, but then (B0) mutes it, but is a looped theme.

Do you need me to force the loop for karai's letter?.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Thu 21 Nov 2019 - 19:28 by kurrono

Yes I know..what u mean...

The problem is the 1st opcode throws some triggers
And the 2nd opcodes throws some triggers in same spot too... But 2nd opcode is needed for story mode...
What u do..is use the last trigger..I mean not the 1st one but the 2nd trigger that stays...use that for the pcms

I know option mode will be messy..nothing we can do there..same way happened in Indiana Jones hack..forget the music for options mode

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 7:06 by Conn

My 5 cents,

Attached is the asm which spares out b0 if e5 is directly before played. I safed the theme number at free ram 7ffff0

Exception Code:
Code:

msuRoutine:
cmp #$B0
BNE noTrigger
LDA $7FFFF0
CMP #$e5
BNE $01
RTL
LDA #$b0
noTrigger:
STZ $2006
STA $2004
STA $7FFFF0
So B0 can be played at another place.

Karai's letter is $2a, and the musuc thereafter not triggered. Senor ventura, can't you simply merge the 3 seconds of the letter together with the music coming thereafter into one pcm (2a), and loop to a point after the letter intro?
If you do not have a remastered music you can use the spc and make it to pcm.
Attachments
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters - Page 3 Attachment
tmnttf_Conn.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 10:00 by kurrono

Conn can u find a better mute please?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 11:54 by Conn

Conn can u find a better mute please?

You can try attached code. I coded it from scratch in 30 minutes, it also features a spc fallback if track not found (then 2004 is written multiple times, but this doesn't matter (I think).
If found it only writes once to 2004.

Senor Ventura you can try out if you like, however it requires a complete new track mapping if you want to use it. It maybe also solves the option menu. Haven't tested much.

Edit: I will post a version that will not write multiple times to 2004 later, no time right now. Better to implement this so people's sd2snes will not get fried Smile

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 16:19 by kurrono

Thanks Conn .. I appreciate ur help...
Now my Last patch. For snes ..hyperzone that took me 6 months to finish it

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 19:54 by kurrono

Tell u this game is hard to hack..nice work on the mute Conn...but in story mode when u fight..some sfx moves ..triggers as spc....so it messups the stage music ..

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 19:56 by kurrono

The best trigger I found for story mode was close to 80a165.... 80a183...that don't trigger sfx

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 21:04 by Conn

Shit, my patch wasn't working. Also ingame sound effects (option menu: voice) and such stuff were covered.

Attached is the version 2 that filters only the music. The track nuumbers in the option menu should match the track numbers ingame (not sure, if a pcm isn't available, you can use spc fallback (e.g., fight won/lost, konami whatever)

Senor Ventura: write hook at $2004 to map the new track numbers. This is only a test, I didn't fully test it, so my apologies for any bugs. If it won't work, you need to use K's old patch

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 23:21 by kurrono

it didnt messup the fight this time but now ur patch look slike mines.. Voices are removed now.. No more Round 1 starts..stuff..
tell u is a pain in the a$$ this game he Very Happy he

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 5:48 by Señor Ventura

Good morning, i will restart the tracklist, What themes do you need to force loops or silents?.

I'm reading your posts just now ^^

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 6:41 by Conn

Good morning, i will restart the tracklist, What themes do you need to force loops or silents?.

In contrast to K's patch this has spc fallback, so if it works I'd suggest to leave all non-looping tracks spc (like konami logo (ee), fight starts (4a), lost(3a), etc.) spc... and only msu looping tracks where you also have the remastered tracks?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 7:14 by Señor Ventura

Conn wrote:

In contrast to K's patch this has spc fallback, so if it works I'd suggest to leave all non-looping tracks spc (like konami logo (ee), fight starts (4a), lost(3a), etc.) spc... and only msu looping tracks where you also have the remastered tracks?

So, do i leave the state of the pcm's just as it is?.

The "triggers" seems to be ok, so i only have to rename the HEX name of the themes.

P.D: One thing, during the zeppelin scene, karai's letter is interrumpted by another theme (about 3 secs long), just before of staying muted until the next theme begins to sound (when entering to the fight scenario).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 7:31 by Conn

Karai's letter is 7e
- part 1: 3 seconds reading it
- part 2:30 seconds till zepelin
- part 3: ending 4 seconds
- then mute

Then theme 52 is played

So you have 2 choices with 7e:
- I set this theme to non-loop, you merge all 3 parts into one pcm
- you leave it spc

If you need any themes non-loop (currently all are set to loop), give me the hex numbers and I code them as exception in version 3 of my patch.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 9:06 by Señor Ventura

Conn wrote:Karai's letter is 7e
- part 1: 3 seconds reading it
- part 2:30 seconds till zepelin
- part 3: ending 4 seconds
- then mute

Then theme 52 is played

So you have 2 choices with 7e:
- I set this theme to non-loop, you merge all 3 parts into one pcm
- you leave it spc

If you need any themes non-loop (currently all are set to loop), give me the hex numbers and I code them as exception in version 3 of my patch.

Yes, i thought about meging all the scene in only one theme.

Do you have set trigger to mute karai's letter?, or must i do it by adding more sces of silent.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 9:52 by Conn

I can simply set the theme to non-loop, so it will stop after it played once. I need to code it. But then it is automatically muted after the song is finished.

Can you give me a list of all tracks you need non-loop in hex, then I can code them all together

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 15:26 by Señor Ventura

Ok, this will work (just ignore the marked trigger, cause is about to be fixed):

Last edited by Señor Ventura on Sun 24 Nov 2019 - 14:09; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:16 by Conn

Are these the new values from my hack? Or those from kurrono? E.g. 7e is missing (intro with book)and 02 (first fight shredder music option menu track 09).

Edit: yes, these are the numbers you already posted for k patch, but my hack has different hex numbers. I'd need the new ones Wink

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 24 Nov 2019 - 0:02 by kurrono

Conn u have to set another mute too... In n Tournament mode is not mute at all on the fights... In story mode was fine...but tournament mode fights a 2nd mute need to added there or it will play both tracks same time

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 24 Nov 2019 - 0:02 by kurrono

So it will play spc and msu songs same.time

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 24 Nov 2019 - 10:04 by Señor Ventura

Conn wrote:Are these the new values from my hack? Or those from kurrono? E.g. 7e is missing (intro with book)and 02 (first fight shredder music option menu track 09).

Edit: yes, these are the numbers you already posted for k patch, but my hack has different hex numbers. I'd need the new ones Wink

Yes, your patch has new values, but this is not important cause i can identify and change every one of these, the list points the loop/non loop state of the tracks.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 24 Nov 2019 - 10:13 by Conn

Conn u have to set another mute too... In n Tournament mode is not mute at all on the fights... In story mode was fine...but tournament mode fights a 2nd mute need to added there or it will play both tracks same time

What a shitty game Sad
I edited to v3 and hope it works now.

Yes, your patch has new values, but this is not important cause i can identify and change every one of these, the list points the loop/non loop state of the tracks.
I am not sure you understand what I was talking about. You see: you have in every game tracks that do loop and others that do not. E.g., super mario:
dying: do not loop
level music: do loop

I need to code, whether the tracks shall loop or not in the code!
To identify the tracks that shall loop or shall not loop, I need the the HEX values of the tracks

So to code whether a track shall loop or not you need to give me the hex values of MY PATCH, so I can identify which tracks must loop in my patch!
Kurrono's list will (naturally) not help for my patch. Or - how do you currently handle non-loop tracks? Do you add some seconds of silence?

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next