OutRun

Go down

20191018

Post 

OutRun Empty OutRun






Last edited by Relikk on Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 14:04; edited 4 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

OutRun Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

OutRun :: Comments

Retroplay

Post on Thu 24 Oct 2019 - 16:14 by Retroplay

I ripped the ADX audio files from OutRun 2 (XBOX) and converted them to 44.1kHz PCM WAV.
The arranged & remixed tunes of the original OutRun:
https://mega.nz/#F!z51yEKTY!fmp52W0ylDBDnfCJ8wTZtg
The arranged tunes seems to stop rather abruptly but that's how they are on the XBOX DVD.
In the arranged remixed tunes, I had to removed some pops and clicks in Passing Breeze towards the end of the tune.
It looks like the game was mastered this way, unfortunately.

Obviously I have no way of testing them, so maybe Relikk could give them a test drive ?
I have a feeling they might need a trim here and there.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Thu 24 Oct 2019 - 16:22 by Relikk

There might have been an official release of the OST on the 20th Anniversary discs that might be worth checking out if you need a better rip to work with.

https://vgmdb.net/album/5474

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post on Thu 24 Oct 2019 - 19:25 by Retroplay

Aaah, of course, not a bad suggestion.
MEGA link above updated.

Can't wait for this MAME build to be released to try it out myself. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post on Fri 25 Oct 2019 - 4:44 by Conn

Somebody should maybe invite the devs of the hacks (neodev, infinest) to our forum, so they know there's a platform where they can publish their hacks and where possible bugs are reported?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Fri 25 Oct 2019 - 4:45 by Relikk

neodev is a member. He registered last week.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post on Fri 25 Oct 2019 - 4:48 by Conn

Awesome, I give him a asm hacker status right away Wink

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Fri 25 Oct 2019 - 15:52 by Relikk

Retroplay wrote:I have a feeling they might need a trim here and there.

Just going back to this... Yeah, they'll need to be edited (and balanced) for looping for the upcoming MegaSD firmware update that supports that feature, then split into individual archives for download as separate packs, and of course the file names have to match the names in the CUE files.

One more thing to add about the names and the version of MAME that supports MD+ games, the track names can't have any spaces in them. The emulator doesn't like it.

It's up to you if you want to take care of all that, or I can do it if you like.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post on Fri 25 Oct 2019 - 16:02 by Retroplay

Since I don't have a MegaSD at hand or the needed emu to test, you just go ahead.

The "no spaces" is nothing new, Higan doesn't seem to like those either.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Fri 25 Oct 2019 - 16:10 by Relikk

Retroplay wrote:The "no spaces" is nothing new, Higan doesn't seem to like those either.

Yeah. It's only the emulator, though. The MegaSD doesn't care if there are spaces, but obviously for the sake of both platforms, the naming convention should be strictly no spaces in file names from this point on.

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun

Post on Sat 26 Oct 2019 - 10:50 by Shadowrun

thanks to all of you for this special section on MD+ !
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 26 Oct 2019 - 17:54 by pepodmc__

Relikk wrote:
Retroplay wrote:I have a feeling they might need a trim here and there.

Just going back to this... Yeah, they'll need to be edited (and balanced) for looping for the upcoming MegaSD firmware update that supports that feature, then split into individual archives for download as separate packs, and of course the file names have to match the names in the CUE files.

One more thing to add about the names and the version of MAME that supports MD+ games, the track names can't have any spaces in them. The emulator doesn't like it.

It's up to you if you want to take care of all that, or I can do it if you like.

Can you post a link with that version of mame that support MD+ games? please Spin

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Sun 27 Oct 2019 - 6:09 by Relikk

I'm afraid not. It's not public just yet. You can try asking neodev on Discord to give it to you, if you like.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 11:06 by Relikk

@Retroplay All of the arranged packs are now finished and have been added to the first post.

These packs can be used on the current 1.03 R07 MSD firmware, but they're optimised for looping with the new 1.04 firmware that is due out soon (from the time of this post). So, until that firmware is released, they will sound a little odd as they won't loop correctly when the end of the audio track is reached.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post on Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 13:02 by Retroplay

Great, thank you. Yes

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 14:04 by Relikk

Video added.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post on Fri 1 Nov 2019 - 0:19 by kurrono

Hey relikk no idea if neodev making a better debugger for hacking this games?x68k and z80?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Fri 1 Nov 2019 - 10:09 by Relikk

kurrono wrote:Hey relikk no idea if neodev making a better debugger for hacking this games?x68k and z80?

I've sent you a PM about it. Check it out.

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum