Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+) Empty Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+)

- Patches -

Use MD+ for MegaSD, Mega Everdrive Pro & Genesis Plus GX
Use MSU-MD for MiSTer & X Series Everdrive w/ physical Sega CD unit

MD+ Patch v2 (by infinest)    [Patch Backup Link]

MSU-MD Patch (by infinest & converted for MSU-MD by Krikzz)

-  Audio Packs  -

MD+ Streets of Rage Remake OST (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/li4HARSY#_L99IfPMxzoeRIY7SZZHNqZlsh-19mXnkxDcla0ccMU

MD+ Maestro Draven Expanded & Enhanced OST (by lucienne):
Code:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AN1WNCqNoht7K7g&id=7F7FC1BA5F67B79C%21534179&cid=7F7FC1BA5F67B79C

Hulk Hogan (by TwinFami)   -   (From the original HH patch by Metal64 & jin315) (Alternate link updated Jan 31, 2021)

TMNT Of Rage (Turtles In Time SPC) WAV, CUE & patch pack (by Sho)   -   (From the original patch by eskayelle)

Video Previews:
TMNT Of Rage

Last edited by Relikk on Fri 31 Mar 2023 - 18:45; edited 17 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+) Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+) :: Comments

Post Mon 4 Nov 2019 - 16:45 by flex

This is really sweet, played through this over the weekend.

Are there any plans to give SOR 1 the same treatment using the remake OST? Same question goes for SOR 3 as well i guess.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 4 Nov 2019 - 17:28 by Relikk

flex wrote:Are there any plans to give SOR 1 the same treatment using the remake OST? Same question goes for SOR 3 as well i guess.

Once the patches start flowing I'd say it's a certainty that the other two games will be included. Just a matter of time.

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun

Post Mon 18 Nov 2019 - 8:51 by Shadowrun

Very nice ! thanks !

Back to top Go down

RetrogamerX

Post Sun 8 Dec 2019 - 20:56 by RetrogamerX

Wow. Hope we see more MD+ games on here?

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 8 Dec 2019 - 21:11 by Relikk

RetrogamerX wrote:Wow.  Hope we see more MD+ games on here?

Cheers

You will when more are released, for sure. Sadly, the four games listed here... SoR2, Strider, Y's III and OutRun are the only MD+ games at the moment.

Terraonion/neodev are trying to do more as they've recently tweeted about which MD+ games would people like to see, with the aim of patching the most popular requests.

https://twitter.com/AlexK1DD/status/1202610565983682560

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 7 Jan 2020 - 15:35 by TwinFami

Can someone patch this to be able to use the Hulk Hogan hack? I tried putting the patch on before and after and got a red screen both times on my MegaSD.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 7 Jan 2020 - 19:34 by Relikk

You'd have to ask neodev or infinest on the Terraonion Discord.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Tue 7 Jan 2020 - 20:29 by Retroplay

@TwinFami
You might want to try and fix checksum with uCON64 on the rom you patched with Hulk Hogan hack.

I've come across this issue a few times with some translation patches, fixing checksum fixed the problem each time.

Last edited by Retroplay on Thu 13 Aug 2020 - 16:29; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 7 Jan 2020 - 21:49 by TwinFami

OMG! IT WORKED!!! Thank you!!!

If I’m allowed, I’ll upload a pack with the finished music. I did the main music now I just have to do the other songs.

EDIT: Does someone have a track map so I know what song goes to what? Thought I was doing the tracks in order but apparently they play out of order

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 9 Jan 2020 - 0:03 by TwinFami

Here's the Hulk Hogan pack with music. Played to the end and everything works. Thanks to Retroplay for the patch! Patch the ROM file with the included patch.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R51XzWAri-1wesd7daAqaPhj72HKVHYW

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 9 Jan 2020 - 1:07 by Relikk

That's this patch originally?...

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3381/

Some funny choices for the tracks. Nice idea. Just a couple of heads up, the tracks don't have to be named the same as the original files. The only important thing is that the track names inside the CUE file match the names you gave your audio files.

Secondly, because of the unreleased MAME fork neodev compiled for playing MD+ games, it's good practice to have no spaces in your file names. This doesn't matter when using a MegaSD, only in his emulator. Genesis Plus GX will probably get MD+ functionality before neodev releases his MD+ MAME, but I'm not sure yet how the file names will work with, or without spaces.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 9 Jan 2020 - 1:47 by TwinFami

Relikk wrote:That's this patch originally?...

Some funny choices for the tracks. Nice idea. Just a couple of heads up, the tracks don't have to be named the same as the original files. The only important thing is that the track names inside the CUE file match the names you gave your audio files.

Secondly, because of the unreleased MAME fork neodev compiled for playing MD+ games, it's good practice to have no spaces in your file names. This doesn't matter when using a MegaSD, only in his emulator. Genesis Plus GX will probably get MD+ functionality before neodev releases his MD+ MAME, but I'm not sure yet how the file names will work with, or without spaces.

Yes and I kept the original file names as I don't know how to create a cue for MD+.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 9 Jan 2020 - 2:04 by Relikk

Cheers. Link added to the first post.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Thu 9 Jan 2020 - 8:52 by Retroplay

Relikk wrote:That's this patch originally?...

Yeah, that's it.

For this and MD+ to work I just did this:

• Patched the SoR 2 USA rom with Metal64's v1.0 Hulk Hogan patch, then MD+ v2 patch by Infinest.
  • Fixed checksum in uCON64 on the final patched rom to fix "red screen of death"
  • Make a bps patch to make sure the right rom is being used.

Unlike SNES, this is a common issue with hacks/translations on MegaDrive/Genesis.
Just make sure checksum is fixed after patching and you should be fine (in most cases that is). Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 11 Aug 2020 - 5:01 by conango

Fixed checksum in uCON64 on the final patched rom to fix "red screen of death"
Could you please write down in detail about this step?
I'd like to have the msu version of the hulk hack to run by genesisGX Plus on Wii.
Many thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 11 Aug 2020 - 5:34 by conango

Retroplay wrote:Fixed checksum in uCON64 on the final patched rom to fix "red screen of death
Ah, no problem.
I found a tool called FixCheckSum which can fix the checksum of md rom easily and finally I got it worked on Wii!~

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 13 Aug 2020 - 3:05 by conango

Could anyone help to run Hulk Hogan version on Wii's genesisGX Plus?
I tried like below:
1. Patch the original rom with Metal64 & jin315 patch
2. Patch the rom from step1. with msu patch
3. Fixed red screen dead by FixCheckSum tool

The final rom got from step3. can run with the CD audio on Wii's genesisGX Plus, but will freeze after finishing stage 1-1...

And I also tried on Wii's retroarch 1.8.9 with the genesisGX Plus core, this time, I got the game running but with no background audio...

Other msu games all run correctly on Wii's genesisGX Plus including the TMNT hack one.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Thu 13 Aug 2020 - 16:21 by Retroplay

You need an up-to-date Genesis Plus GX for Retroarch.
The one available at the buildbot is too old and needs to be updated.

Grab the one I compiled here, this one works with MSU-MD:
https://www.zeldix.net/t2158-the-difference-between-the-md-and-the-msu-md#35128

[edit]
Wii version, sorry.
Maybe grabbing latest version from Eke-eke helps ?
https://bitbucket.org/eke/genesis-plus-gx/src/master/builds/

Be aware he only offers 32-bit version for Windows, for 64-bit grab the one I linked above.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 14 Aug 2020 - 2:27 by conango

Retroplay wrote:You need an up-to-date Genesis Plus GX for Retroarch.
The one available at the buildbot is too old and needs to be updated.

Grab the one I compiled here, this one works with MSU-MD:
https://www.zeldix.net/t2158-the-difference-between-the-md-and-the-msu-md#35128

[edit]
Wii version, sorry.
Maybe grabbing latest version from Eke-eke helps ?
https://bitbucket.org/eke/genesis-plus-gx/src/master/builds/

Be aware he only offers 32-bit version for Windows, for 64-bit grab the one I linked above.
Thank you for your reply.
I've found the reason why it freeze, this only happen when using Hulk and passing the stage with a weapon...
This might be an existing bug for the hacked ROM or caused by the patch?
Anyway, just don't let hulk hold any items when changing the scene would be okay.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Sep 2020 - 2:56 by aegon99

Hi! TMNT and Hogan versions work well for me using the modified genplusGX but I'm having trouble with the sor remake soundtrack using the regular SOR2 rom patched with the msu-md patch. Am I doing something wrong? I've noticed that the cue file is diferent (it uses REM LOOP) so maybe that's the problem? revoming those lines doesn't fix it. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 20 Sep 2020 - 10:32 by Relikk

The loop commands are for the MD+ capabilities of the MegaSD cartridge, to specify track looping from specific points in the audio files to create seamless loops. Something MSU-MD cannot do.

Ultimately if it's MSU-MD related then it's a converted patch from the original MD+ version, and that's a matter for Krikzz to deal with since he was the person who converted it, so you'll need to contact him if you want it fixed.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Sep 2020 - 23:00 by aegon99

Thanks for the response! yeah, looks like the patch is broken. Interestingly if I use the Hulk version and then apply a patch that replaces only that character, the game still works and plays the sor remake music just fine. It was odd that the hacked versions worked well and the normal rom did not.
EDIT: it works with some hacks (I guess the hacks that dont touch music data), but not with the regular rom, works with SOR2 restoration and it seems to work with the Plus Ultra versions, so its okay.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 5 Dec 2020 - 18:00 by zaphro72

Is the Hulk Hogan soundtrack files available anywhere now?

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 27 Dec 2020 - 18:13 by eskayelle

Thanks for the nod to my TMNT of Rage hacks!

You guys mind if I add a sound pack?  This .zip on MEGA can be used with my Re-Shelled patch to provide the SoR2 / TMNT vision I was ultimately looking to create.

Thanks to Relikk, I can confirm it's working on the MD+ MAME platform.  It definitely works with the Terraonion MegaSD as well.

As a heads-up, the TMNT Final rom also appears to "work" with the MSU-MD patch. But...
    1) The game softlocks atfer beating Mr. X, and clearing Stage 8. The new ending is lost...
    2) The tracks will fail to loop when they end, instead moving to the next one.
    3) In Windows, the first track tends to play, rather than the assigned tracks. On the Wii, the assigned tracks do play properly, but note the failure to loop per above.
    4) The initial FBI warning screen is skipped.
Other issues may be present, as I have not extensively tested. None of this is an issue with the MD+ patch built into Re-Shelled, particularly on the MegaSD.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next