Relikk

Ys III: Wanderers From Ys Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Ys III: Wanderers From Ys :: Comments

Shadowrun

Post on Mon 18 Nov 2019 - 5:08 by Shadowrun

I have a question : I can see that there is also an IPS patch inside the audio pack ....
So What patch do we need to use : the patch alone or the patch inside the audio pack ?
What about the naming convention about for the rom ? DO you need to name the patched rom with the same name as the cue file ??

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 18 Nov 2019 - 5:43 by pepillopev

Shadowrun wrote:I have a question  : I can see that there is also an IPS patch inside  the audio pack ....
So What patch do we need to use : the patch alone or the patch inside the audio pack ?
Using LSAs Patch Checker tool, both patches seem identical. I only used the one included in the MD+_Y's_III_(neodev_GameSack).zip file. This one works on the MD+ emulator w/o issue. I would assume this would be the case for the MegaSD flash cart. I ignored the one included with the Ys3MDOathinFelghana.zip file, since the first one worked correctly. Relikk maybe can add some more to this? (ie, perhaps the second patch could be for the upcoming MegaSD firmware that supports fade?).
Shadowrun wrote:What about the naming convention about for the rom ? DO you need to name the patched rom with the same name as the cue file ??
To my understanding, the patched MD+ rom and CUE sheet must match name wise -> per Relikk, ROM and CUE do not have to match (emu, different story). This was the only way, for me, to get the game to work on the MD+ emulator. Also, the WAV files must be named exactly the same inside the CUE sheet. (see image below)
Ys III: Wanderers From Ys Cuewav10

Notice inside the CUE sheet in line five (highlighted in red) --> {FILE "01-Premonition.wav" WAVE} matches the name of file 01-Premonition.wav. I hope this helps you out, Shadowrun. Much luck.

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 18 Nov 2019 - 8:41; edited 8 times in total

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Mon 18 Nov 2019 - 6:05 by Relikk

I hosted the patch on its own, because some people might need only the patch and not the WAV files. It'd save time and bandwidth for people that don't want to download 700+ megabytes for just the patch.

The ROM and CUE file names don't have to match. When the ROM is loaded, the MegaSD checks if there's a CUE file inside the same folder and it'll load that if there is. The name doesn't matter. But, as PeV said, the names inside the CUE files for the audio files must match. Otherwise the game will crash when trying to load an audio file that isn't named the same as it should be in the CUE file.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 18 Nov 2019 - 6:09 by pepillopev

@Relikk Thanks for the clarification regarding the naming convention of ROM and CUE. I recall having issues with mametiny when the names did not match. So, on MegaSD flash cart, this is not an issue?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Mon 18 Nov 2019 - 6:11 by Relikk

pepillopev wrote:So, on MegaSD flash cart, this is not an issue?

It shouldn't be, no.

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun

Post on Mon 18 Nov 2019 - 7:57 by Shadowrun

thanks to both of you !
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum