Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (MD+)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (MD+) Empty Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (MD+)

-  Patches  -

Use MD+ for MegaSD, Mega Everdrive Pro & Genesis Plus GX
Use MSU-MD for MiSTer & X Series Everdrive w/ physical Sega CD unit

MD+ Patch (v2) (by neodev):
Code:
For original ROM CRC-32: 6a70791b

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/590246931234553868/654367536032514048/Michael_Jacksons_Moonwalker_World.ips

Backup link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BZltAbCqLaVXTSnN7kzvZp6pkMrJBV1g

MSU-MD Patch (converted from the original MD+ patch by Krikzz):
Code:
https://github.com/krikzz/msu-md/raw/master/ips/Michael%20Jackson's%20Moonwalker%20(World)%20msu-md.ips

-  MD+ Audio Packs  -

Original Michael Jackson Instrumental Versions (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!4y4lkCzb!apu3lewNYuyJbo8nK3-JlWt-u5GVtK9WTCi1DQTT1As

Original Michael Jackson Vocal Versions (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/8ngijTBQ#mi-yMr9o5EjYk6VZwfHpEpYFMZn4x_vCPvLgCNUKkO4

*Notes: The MD+ audio packs include the original 5 songs from the retail release of the game.

- Smooth Criminal
- Beat it
- Another Part Of Me
- Billie Jean
- Bad

In the pre-release prototype ROM, Thriller was included and used as the music for the "Woods" stage. There is a folder called "Thriller" included in the audio packs, and this is for anyone that wants to substitute Another Part Of Me (the track that is used in the retail version as the music for the "Woods" stage) with Thriller. Just exchange the relevant WAV and CUE files for your desired version.

-  MSU-MD compatible packs (Non-Seamless Loop)  -

Original Michael Jackson Vocal Versions (Non-Seamless) (by TwinFami):
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10bP8RJ8834Z-mWPjxgkEkxoHAZV8rg6Q/view?usp=sharing

Alternate Michael Jackson Vocal Version Including Thriller (Non-Seamless) (by TwinFami):
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kftk6wmh1FB75cn-QkGM908vyjlE8-9a/view?usp=sharing

MJ Sonic 3 (Non-Seamless) (by Teenage Fansub):
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lBVzKiwS6F3CR0AKQLfZoN5jij7tSllZ/view?usp=sharing

-  MD+ Source  -

Code:
https://github.com/Terraonion-dev/MDPlus_Patches/tree/master/Moonwalker

Last edited by Relikk on Fri 31 Mar 2023 - 12:27; edited 18 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (MD+) Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (MD+) :: Comments

RetrogamerX

Post Tue 10 Dec 2019 - 15:01 by RetrogamerX

Awesome, but how do I patch these?

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Tue 10 Dec 2019 - 16:10 by Retroplay

Is the ips patch for the normal (World) or (World) (Rev A) rom ?
Can't check, still waiting for custom MAME build to be released.

@RetrogamerX, like any other ips patch, use Lunar ips or Floating ips.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 10 Dec 2019 - 16:16 by Relikk

Retroplay wrote:Is the ips patch for the normal (World) or (World) (Rev A) rom ?

Normal.

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun

Post Wed 11 Dec 2019 - 3:20 by Shadowrun

Like Michael used to say !
Aaaaouuuu !!
:-)

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 12 Dec 2019 - 4:54 by Relikk

Patch updated to v2 and fixed a bug where the CDDA continued to play under the special dance moves on certain stages. Thanks to neodev.

Back to top Go down

RetrogamerX

Post Thu 12 Dec 2019 - 12:31 by RetrogamerX

Relikk wrote:Patch updated to v2 and fixed a bug where the CDDA continued to play under the special dance moves on certain stages. Thanks to neodev.

Thank you for the fix.

I don't have my Mega SD until monday. Hope the patching I did works?

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun

Post Fri 13 Dec 2019 - 13:50 by Shadowrun

RetrogamerX wrote:
Relikk wrote:Patch updated to v2 and fixed a bug where the CDDA continued to play under the special dance moves on certain stages. Thanks to neodev.

Thank you for the fix.

I don't have my Mega SD until monday.  Hope the patching I did works?

Cheers
Let's hope you won't have a bad surprise with duty taxes.... I personally have to pay 58 EUR more.... Sad

Back to top Go down

RetrogamerX

Post Fri 13 Dec 2019 - 15:24 by RetrogamerX

Shadowrun wrote:
RetrogamerX wrote:

Thank you for the fix.

I don't have my Mega SD until monday.  Hope the patching I did works?

Cheers
Let's hope you won't have a bad surprise with duty taxes.... I personally have to pay 58 EUR more.... Sad

I received my MegaSD today and had to pay £54 customs duty. Lucky it was worth it. I doubt I would order from them again. Just ran the game and it runs great. All the MD+ games are awesome! Can't wait for more

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 26 Dec 2019 - 21:20 by protivakid

RetrogamerX wrote:Awesome, but how do I patch these?

I was sad to see no one bothered to help you because I was trying to figure out the same tonight. In short you need to use a tool like "Lunar IPS". You first select the "Michael_Jacksons_Moonwalker_World.ips" file and then select the "Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (World).md" rom file that you have to source on your own. On your MegaSD both the patched rom file and the extracted contents of the "MD+ Moonwalker (Instrumental).zip" file need to be in the same folder. You can only have ONE GAME per folder ex: SEGA CD (top level) | -Michael Jackson (Sub directory) -Sonic CD (Sub directory). Last, if you are using a MegaSG, it sounds unintuitive but you need to UNCHECK the Auto Enable CD Audio option or you will not hear any of the soundtrack. After that it should all work! Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

RetrogamerX

Post Fri 27 Dec 2019 - 2:25 by RetrogamerX

protivakid wrote:
RetrogamerX wrote:Awesome, but how do I patch these?

I was sad to see no one bothered to help you because I was trying to figure out the same tonight. In short you need to use a tool like "Lunar IPS". You first select the "Michael_Jacksons_Moonwalker_World.ips" file and then select the "Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (World).md" rom file that you have to source on your own. On your MegaSD both the patched rom file and the extracted contents of the "MD+ Moonwalker (Instrumental).zip" file need to be in the same folder. You can only have ONE GAME per folder ex: SEGA CD (top level) | -Michael Jackson (Sub directory) -Sonic CD (Sub directory). Last, if you are using a MegaSG, it sounds unintuitive but you need to UNCHECK the Auto Enable CD Audio option or you will not hear any of the soundtrack. After that it should all work! Hope this helps.

I did figure it out in the end. You are right though not much help here, but I did do some patching years ago on MSU-1, but forgot how so read up on that and the same method applys here on MD+. So all sorted. Thanks for replaying back. Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 31 Dec 2019 - 20:25 by Torgo

Seems strange.. The Out Run, Streets of Rage and Strider ones all work, but with the MJMW all I get is the CD logo next to the file and no MD.. and it just plays audio? Patched them all the same way and the dir structure looks the same... any ideas?

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 31 Dec 2019 - 20:40 by Relikk

Are you using the original ROM and not the revision?

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 1 Jan 2020 - 0:04 by Torgo

Yup.. I even tried the revision, just for curiosity.  Tried with bin and md extensions...  Driving me nuts..

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 1 Jan 2020 - 5:06 by Relikk

What's the source of your ROM? Try sourcing a No-Intro set if you haven't already. Clear your browser cache, re-download the patch and try again.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 1 Jan 2020 - 16:18 by Torgo

Man this is strange.. I have more than a few sets.
Sega Mega Drive, Genesis, 32X (GoodGen v3.21)
Smokemonsters set
and i just went and dug up "Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (World)" on one of the last rom sites still up. Cleared the cache re-downloaded the patches... and the same results. The Mega SD just sees it as a Mega CD file and plays boots the the CD player. All the other files say Mega SD+ next to them. I just dont get it. Its not like its rocket science.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 1 Jan 2020 - 18:48 by flex

Hi Guys,

I've noticed an odd bug where if you pause the game the voice samples go really quiet to the point of being inaudible until the audio hardware is reset e.g. when the boss appears or a new level is started.

Voice samples being when you locate a child and they say "Michael" or when the boss is activated and it says "who's bad".
It seems to happen on my model 1 and 2 hardware.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 1 Jan 2020 - 20:40 by Torgo

Ok.. Figured it out.. Needed to delete the file cashe in the Mega SD folder for the particular folder and all went back to normal.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 2 Jan 2020 - 5:22 by Relikk

flex wrote:I've noticed an odd bug where if you pause the game the voice samples go really quiet to the point of being inaudible until the audio hardware is reset e.g. when the boss appears or a new level is started.

Voice samples being when you locate a child and they say "Michael" or when the boss is activated and it says "who's bad".
It seems to happen on my model 1 and 2 hardware.

I'll try to pass that on to neodev.

Torgo wrote:Ok.. Figured it out.. Needed to delete the file cashe in the Mega SD folder for the particular folder and all went back to normal.

Interesting. Good to know.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 8 Jan 2020 - 18:05 by TwinFami

Here are my packs with the vocal versions. Original uses Another Part of Me, Alternate uses Thriller instead. In my playthroughs, Thriller works best as the ROM patched is the REV00 one.

Original: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MdoPQcDeB_y_wAA-2nRP33-ZKcMFlHEx

Alternate: https://drive.google.com/open?id=100RuXAq7fRQSfFToRAQLcUj4agjCXcn8

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 8 Jan 2020 - 18:40 by pev

@TwinFami I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Relikk already covered the vocal version and his set also includes the alternate Thriller in the same pack (posted at the top since initial release). He got his set from a "lossless" version as well. You basically re-invented the wheel, unless there are some major differences between the packs. I will leave it up to Relikk if he wants to keep your set as a backup.

Apologies for the bad news. Believe me, I have done the same thing at one time when making the MSU-1 and PCM pack for Assault Suits Valken. Relikk had already done it and I went through all that work for nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 8 Jan 2020 - 18:45 by pev

@TwinFami I stand corrected. Relikk just informed me he did the instrumentals. So, my bad, stupid me. So all is well with your set. I highly recommend to keep the alternate track within the same archive, much how Relikk did with his instrumental set. Less fluff to download. And thanks for your contribution.

Last edited by pepillopev on Wed 8 Jan 2020 - 18:47; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 8 Jan 2020 - 18:47 by Relikk

Thanks, TwinFami. Links added to the first post

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 8 Jan 2020 - 18:58 by TwinFami

pepillopev wrote:@TwinFami I stand corrected. Relikk just informed me he did the instrumentals. So, my bad, stupid me. So all is well with your set. I highly recommend to keep the alternate track within the same archive, much how Relikk did with his instrumental set. Less fluff to download. And thanks for your contribution.

It's okay. I also have my Sonic 1 Heavy Metal Edition waiting for when the Sonic 1 gets patched for the MegaSD Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 18:43 by fthc

I downloaded the files provided here on the site, in the case of Michael Jackson, I made a separate folder and put it on my MegaSD, but when I click on the game, only the Mega Cd Bios appears and the option to choose the audio track.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum