Patch update

Zeldix :: General :: News

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Patch update - Page 2 Empty Re: Patch update

Post by Conn Sun 29 Sep 2013 - 7:36

Less important update to the feather.ips (which I call v18 now). I remapped the block at 0f/ff90  to 0d/b500 after the goldpotion to keep my codes somehow together. If you patch a native rom use normal feather.ips; if you already have applied a former version prior to v18, use the featherfix.ips from the subfolder.
v17 also works and there is no difference to v18 except that another rom space is used for the code, so you can also stick to v17.

Puzz, the all-in rom you supply has v13, so you should apply the featherfix.ips from the subfolder to get your rom to v18 with the edge colision fix and to have it all on the correct rom space.

As for pu, the feather hack there is separate and already uses the block at 0d/b500, so this message doesn't concern this hack
Conn
Conn

Patch update - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 11:14

Also a less important update to the goldpotion: I gave some more addresses in the instructions how to change the tile and palettes (hack itself isn't changed).
This is because the golden bottle might be an inappropriate marker (some may use a sword symbol with sparkles or whatever). You can edit:
- golden pot gfx + palette: free editable, gfx not compressed; natively uses red pot palette (02), pot repixeled with yellow color from this palette
- bottle gfx when holding it up: only gfx editable, not compressed; by default uses the same palette as blue potion, got repixeled with brown/yellow colors from this palette; palette not editable since I was not forced to tinker here when creating the asm. If you must change it, you'd need to code. But I think blue is the palette you want to display e.g., a sword with blue sparkles as it happens when charging it.
- menu marker gfx + palette: free editable, menu gfx are compressed. Default is yellow palette. Note that the menu is 2 parts. In the 24 item menu I replaced "Boomerang" in the lower part, so yellow palette is 29. In native Zelda I replaced unused space in the upper part so yellow palette is 28. Adding/substracting 1 here (28<->29) switches from which menu part the tile is loaded. To change the palette you need to add/substract 4. E.g., upper part for native Zelda 28+4=2c, lower part for 24 items menu 29+4=2d (changes yellow to lightblue in both cases).

Read the new instructions to get the addresses to change it all:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/goldpotion.zip
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 21:54

Just found a bug with the shovel: the 24 items version subfolder contains now a flute_fix.ips to prevent the flute dig up infinitive times (shovel isn't replaced anymore to prevent this, address used for bugfix is 0d/1be0 before the gold potion code).
PW flute is obtainable in a chest so no problem here. I already fixed this in PU together with the digable seed (so doesn't concern you SePH) but forgot about this version. Sorry.

If you plan to make acquire the flute out of a chest, there's no need to apply this patch (but you can).
In this case you may set a tree or something else not dig-able on the native flute location.

Zip: http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/pw_shovel.zip
Find the flute_fix.ips in the subfolder for 24 items menu.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 8:18

I've tested this out and with the old Shovel patch it was possible to dig up the Flute multiple times. It seems like the Alttp didn't have this check, since you didn't have the shovel anymore. It however had a check for the Fluteboy to appear, if no flute. The new patch fixes this. You can dig it up at first, but not later.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Patch update - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 9:01

yes... if more such bugs are in any of my hacks, let me know. It's hard to get known every eventuality like this or as recently found the fairy pond that consumes the morning star and force boomerang :p

Only item AST has left what isn't somehow part of ALTTP is the worn-out glove that let's you pick up one stone each screen only. It was made as restriction to get into swamp area in week 3 but not yet into desert until you've mastered a dungeon. My question is whether there is a desire to have this glove in ALTTP as well (I am the opinion that it isn't needed, there are other ways to give restrictions (waterblocks, posts, heavy stones, etc... it would only be for the sake of completeness...)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 10:30

Both bugs (pond and the dig flute) were found accidently I guess, since nobody knew about them (I guess that's why beta testing is for).

The worn out glove is interesting (I was quite amazed when playing AST to have this "new" item). Maybe players will like it too in Alttp (since everything new is interesting on its own). It is only a question how difficult it is, to port it.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 11:16

quite easy Wink I'm on it.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 20:01

Finished Smile

http://zeldix.forumotion.com/t129-zelda-3-single-hacks-collection

It is combined with the goldstar/forceboomerang so redownload!

Puzz, could you please update the prepatched rom in your all-in menu hack (you can also apply this hack already when tested)? I had much problems with this hack to find addresses where I didn't hack yet and therefore used SePH's PU to know where's still free space. With all the hacks I lost the overview and making everytime a new rom and know which were already applied and which not is difficult.

Also if you're going to playtest, can you check the dungeons? I wasn't able to get liftable stones inside via HM.

Information: This hack lets you gain 2 brand-new items: an upgraded hookshot (golden star with L3 sword strength) and upgraded magic boomerang (force boomerang with L2 sword strength. An additional patch gives you also the worn-out glove from AST that lets you lift only one rock per screen.
Rom: Expanded (min 1.5 MB) ALTTP (US), without header

Update: Contains also a code to include the Worn out Glove from AST

Note: the worn-out glove is available for native and 24 items menu. It is separate (worn_out_glove.ips) and needs the goldstar/forceboomerang (fb_gs.ips) preapplied to work. Check the subfolders for both patches and read the instructions since the monologue addresses will also shift.

Patch update - Page 2 Image413

Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 9:11

Edit:

Was a problem with dungeons and plants on overworld (were only pickable 1 time as well), I fixed it all Wink
In dungeons you now should be able to lift pots unlimited and the heavy stones only one time per screen. Needs to be tested!

Zip: http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/fb_gs.zip

Edit: seph, took 5 versions to make it work, sorry to spam your mail. But now everything should be fine as far I can tell.
Please also check this v5 by placing 2 stones in a dungeon screen, lift pots, lift plants try other gloves.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 10:23

I've tested this new version and everything seems to be ok. Once you get the worn out glove, you lift one stone per screen, bushes and other can be lifted normally. The same for indoors. The big indoor block (which can be lifted only with the power glove) can be lifted, but only one per room, the second one can not be moved. The pots can be lifted unlimited times. With the power glove everything is lifted unlimited times, except dark stones.

I've also seen that Link's hands become dark green (as if he is wearing the gloves). I don't know if this colour was intentional. His hands are grey with power glove and yellow with titan glove.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 11:03

Great it works ^^

Yes, the game selects this color for some reason. Though orange/brown would have been a better color for these worn out-gloves, I am ok with green. It's only small thing.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 12:08

Euclid had the great idea to restrict the unlimited block move to the gloves. You can change if you want to have it for both, power/titan (default) or for titan only.
If you wear no gloves or worn-out gloves the blocks will be moved only one time as in native Zelda

Hack: Blocks moveable multiple times
Authors: PuzzleDude, Conn
Information: the blocks can be moved unlimited (or until you hit an obstacle)
Rom: ALTTP (US), without header
pc w/o header ALTTP (US)
Code Addresses: 0x77e00 - 0x77e1c (after pot with sword destroy and icerod freezing water above); restricted to power/titan gloves use 0x77df0 - 07/7e22
Uses free ram (7F/5000 0x1)

Update Now you have the possibility to map the unlimited move to the gloves. Inside the zip file you find the moveblock.ips, that has no restriction and the moveblock_glove.ips which is restricted to power and titan gloves. ASM is given below. If you want to map it to titan only and skip the power gloves change 07/7e0c: 01 ->02 or adjust the asm.

IPS url: http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/moveblock.zip

Screenshot:

Patch update - Page 2 Dun_gf12

ASM for no restriction:

Code:

; This ASM was written by Conn
; This is a ASM FrontEnd Code for Zelda ALTTP (US, no header) to move blocks multiple times.

lorom

org $01d87d
NOP
NOP
JSL $0EFE00 ; (below the icerod code to not overwrite it)

org $0efe00
CMP #$2727     ;check if block is already moved
BEQ $0F           ; if yes branch to after first RTL
LDA $7F2000,x ; load block value (e.g., 70, 71, 72...)
STA $7ED010   ; store to intermediate (unused) 7E/D000 is icerod
LDA $00           ; set old block value to 00 to indicate that it is moved
STA $7F2000,x
RTL                  
LDA $7ED010 ; branch here if 27 - load intermediate value
STA $7F2000,x  ; store intermediate instead of 27
RTL              
ASM for restriction to power gloves and titan mitt:
Code:

; This ASM was written by Conn
; This is a ASM FrontEnd Code for Zelda ALTTP (US, no header) to move blocks multiple times.

lorom

org $01d87d
NOP
NOP
JSL $0EFdf0 ; (below the icerod code to not overwrite it)

org $0efdf0
CMP #$2727     ;check if block is already moved
BEQ $0F           ; if yes branch to after first RTL
LDA $7F2000,x ; load block value (e.g., 70, 71, 72...)
STA $7F5000   ; store to intermediate (unused) 7E/D000 is icerod
LDA $00           ; set old block value to 00 to indicate that it is moved
STA $7F2000,x
RTL    
LDA $7EF354       ; load gloves
AND #$00FF              
CMP #$0001      ; compare power gloves - if you only want unlimited to titan only make CMP #$0002 here        [/b]
BEQ $0A          ; branch to move unlimited
CMP #$0002       ; compare titan      
BEQ $05          ; branch to move unlimited
LDA #$2727       ; if no gloves or worn-out set the block solid      
BRA $04                
LDA $7f5000    ; If power or titan mitt load intermediate value  
STA $7F2000,x  ; store intermediate instead of 27
RTL        

Last edited by Conn on Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 13:26; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 12:38

Yes, the blocks can only be moved unimited with power or titan (not with worn-out or without gloves; but still can be moved one tile with those). You can also restrict it to titan only if you like this by adjusting the asm.

Nice to hear that it works - another hack ad acta :p
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 13:01

I've tested this also. And the result it, as you've put it before: the blocks can be moved unimited with power or titan and only one time with worn-out or no gloves. I've really lost count on the new ASM codes, which can only tell of the sheer amount of them.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 13:25

me too ^^ therefore it is important to have a prepatched rom with everything - so I know where I didn't hack yet.
More is hardly to come from my side, but I guess Euclid's super bomb is the next great item we can look forward to have it :p
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 19:30

Puzz,

I added the possibility to manually change the palette used for the worn-out glove:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/fb_gs.zip

Edit:
gave by default orange-brown color since brown had to little contrast to sleeves

apply the new worn_outglove.ips (as always) and then you can change the palette at
06/b054: 9d 85 (orangebrown) -> new color (at b050 is power glove, b052 is titan mitt)

Patch update - Page 2 24-ite10
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 7:09

Also updated the fairy pond x3
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/x3magic.zip

You now can't throw in worn-out gloves as well so that the fat fairy can't steal it Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 14:19

Tested the new Worn out glove and it looks great. Link's hands are now in 4 colours: no gloves (brown), worn out glove (orange), power glove (grey), titan glove (yellow). This is great.

PS I don't know if anyone noticed, but in PW this is a problem, since Link's face was using the brown colour, which turned grey when getting Goron's bracelet/Power glove. Thus Link's face turnes grey (instead of red) when picking up stones.

Regarding the pond fix. Nice of you to fix it, but I think this pond is usually at the very end of the game (when you probably already have the power glove or above).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 19:50

It's like olympia with bronce, silver and gold now with these gloves ^^
It was somehow given by the code that I was able to use that brown/orange palette (bronce) without any palette change in menu/coming out chest Smile

Hah, what a coincidence. I recently fixed this bug for PU:

Patch update - Page 2 L1glov10

The thing is that the 3rd last color in lowest palette is replaced with the glove (here grey for power glove):
Patch update - Page 2 Image210

So there are 2 possibilies to fix:
(1) repixeling link taking care of this color being not used anywhere else in the sprite (like red whem pushing)
(2) disabling the palette change, as I did for pu (there the gloves don't have a color, you just get a lift 1,2,3,4 icon; so in this game it is ok. I made this asm change:
0d/ee24: f0 -> 80 (always light brown (no glove))

Regarding the pond fix. Nice of you to fix it, but I think this pond is usually at the very end of the game (when you probably already have the power glove or above).
The new hack fixes also for the first upgrade pond (magic boomerang/second shield) - it is possible that some projects may have the worn-out glove here.It's best to have the fix in your project - it doesn't hurt and keeps you from losing it if you can get to first fairy pond with these gloves.
Speaking of which, were you able to update the prepatched roms in your all-in menu in the single hacks collection as requested? With all the hacking work I've done it is possible that I accidently overwrite some place I hacked previously (in case I take native Zelda e.g., so it's always good to have a all-hacked rom as reference).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 8 Oct 2013 - 19:06

The rom, which has this applied at-once: 24 item inventory, shovel and both digging, force boomerang and goldstar, 4 digit rupees, feather v18, goldpotion, pegasus change direction, x3 magic upgrade. The hack works.

When you apply Worn out gloves to this all patched file, the rom will blank out. I didn't check the addresses for worn glove, but it seems it overwrites something.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Tue 8 Oct 2013 - 19:13

Oh I literally just am having this problem puzzledude, I sent a PM to conn about it but its good that its not my rom in particular doing it.
scawful
scawful

Patch update - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 8 Oct 2013 - 20:47

You see? This is the reason I requested so hard a prepatched rom with all inclusive. I was orientating on PU because I had none on the hand. In PU it wasn't necessary to insert a new tile for the magic meter (Euclid already took care of that) but in the 24 items menu, it required one and the code is where it gets overwritten by the gloves.

But I am up to a rearrangement anyways. Will merge the fairy pond with the rupees and add the fairy pond fix where it belongs to: fb_gs

So I will merge and update that tomorrow.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 9 Oct 2013 - 6:13

I didn't thought of this as such a big problem, since the pointer can be set to another address, so if the single hack works then all merged ones can work as well, with some adoptations of the location of the main code. There can also be a lot more new Asm codes in the hack (than the above), thus one must be able to know the pointers, to bring the code anywhere.

PS
In GoT that big empty area at 77AB0 with FF FF bytes is already almost full, without any Asm inserted yet, so I will have to adopt this further. My plan is to have all the new code between 1,5 and 2 MB (with exceptions), since this area surely is empty by default in all cases.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 9 Oct 2013 - 12:53

I updated the hacks now:
(1) the force boomerang/goldstar now contains the fairy pond fix. So it is not longer coupled with the magic meter upgrade
(2) the 4digit rupee is merged with the magic meter upgrade (necessary to the shift of the magic bar to the left to include the marker); at this occasion I fixed the problem with the worn out glove (by giving another address to the magic meter upgrade that isn't rewritten by the glove).

If you download and re-apply following hacks, everything should be working:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/fb_gs.zip
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/4drupee_x3meter.zip

Please give feedback (and a all-in rom) so I can go working on the super bomb (which I will also merge with the magic meter since it uses the same hook at the pond).

SePH, this all doesn't concern PU, there it is already implemented. Could you delete my message with the "a" in the single hacks? Obsolete old rupee hack since it is merged now with the magic meter upgrade. Didn't find out how to delete messages.

Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 9 Oct 2013 - 15:07

It works now. Applied: 24 item menu, shovel, digging, shovel-flutefix, force boomerang and goldstar new, 4digit rupee and x3 magic new, feather v18, gold potion, pegasus upgrade, worn out glove.

But since there are even more custom asm codes, I think it is up to the author of the specific hack how to manage them all and what to include.

I've also updated the single hacks to version 6.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next