24 item menu and additional hacks (like shovel, time counter) for this menu

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

24 item menu and additional hacks (like shovel, time counter) for this menu - Page 2 Empty 24 item menu and additional hacks (like shovel, time counter) for this menu

24 Items menu base hack

Information: Implements the 24 item menu and hud, as seen in Gates of Darkness demo and other things, read enclosed info.
Rom: ALTTP (US), without header, expanded to 2MB

Screenshots:
24 item menu and additional hacks (like shovel, time counter) for this menu - Page 2 24item10

Zip File: http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/24items_menu.zip

Additional info:Implements the 24 item menu and hud;

Code Addresses: Multiple

Update (Version-6). Added the new codes for 4 digit rupee and x3 magic, goldstar and worn out glove. Added a rom file with every ips applied.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Close gap in 24 items menu by adding an extra item (shovel)

Information: Get shovel in menu instead of empty space, so you can have and use both the flute and shovel at the same time.
Rom: native rom with Euclid's 24 items menu *or* Parallel Worlds-prepatched ALTTP
Screenshots:

24 item menu and additional hacks (like shovel, time counter) for this menu - Page 2 Image410

Ips Patch: http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/pw_shovel.zip

Update:
1. contains 2 versions: one for 24-items menu (patch above) and one for Parallel Worlds
2. the 24 items version needs a flute_fix.ips to prevent the flute dig up infinitive times (shovel isn't replaced anymore to prevent this, address 0d/1be0 before the gold potion code). PW flute is obtainable in a chest so no problem here.

Additional info: You get the shovel from the dark world sprite (native Zelda) and Keep it after you dig up the flute, or you can place the shovel in a nice chest via HM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Count play time with a menu clock

Information: This hack adds a play time counting clock to Euclid's 24 item menu.
Rom: 24 items menu! expanded Rom
Screenshot:

24 item menu and additional hacks (like shovel, time counter) for this menu - Page 2 All-in26

Ips Patch: http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/24_menu_timer.zip

Additional info:
The time is stored at srm 7ef339-7ef33a.

Note: the timer will first Show up when you collected an item.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Wed 9 Oct 2013 - 15:24; edited 4 times in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

24 item menu and additional hacks (like shovel, time counter) for this menu - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

24 item menu and additional hacks (like shovel, time counter) for this menu :: Comments

Puzzledude

Post Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 14:02 by Puzzledude

It is however easy to move the "non-selectable" items, such as flippers etc (but not into the areas of selectable items).

Back to top Go down

PowerPanda

Post Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 15:23 by PowerPanda

Thanks for the quick reply, PuzzleDude. That makes sense. I understand the difficulty. If only the Redux version (which I'm using as my base) had incorporated the Tower of Triforce menu. Either way, this community's contributions are awesome.

Back to top Go down

ShadowOne333

Post Fri 8 Oct 2021 - 17:26 by ShadowOne333

KonaXKona wrote:Is there any way to implement the X2 icon on the magic meter? Should I be using the method found in the New items pack?

I've been wondering the same thing as well.
I noticed that getting the 1/2 Magic Meter doesn't have any visible change in the meter itself, and it would be a nice thing to implement for sure.

Though I haven't got a clue as to where to start to do such a thing.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 8 Oct 2021 - 17:46 by Puzzledude

ShadowOne333 wrote:
KonaXKona wrote:Is there any way to implement the X2 icon on the magic meter? Should I be using the method found in the New items pack?

I've been wondering the same thing as well.
I noticed that getting the 1/2 Magic Meter doesn't have any visible change in the meter itself, and it would be a nice thing to implement for sure.

Though I haven't got a clue as to where to start to do such a thing.
For this particular menu/hud we did not plan the 1/2 magic notice anywhere. But in some variants, this was done by Conn. But that code is integrated into some other ASM hacks, I forgot which ones. I think it was the 4 rupee code. You otherwise need to hijack the code where the HUD is drawn if you want it on HUD. I don't think there is space in the Inventory.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 8 Oct 2021 - 17:50 by Puzzledude

As you can see All in one patch contains the half magic code which draws x2 and even x3 on HUD, so it actually allows for two magic upgrades.
24 item menu and additional hacks (like shovel, time counter) for this menu - Page 2 All-in25

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 11 Oct 2021 - 8:16 by Conn

I think it is merged with the new items patch
https://www.zeldix.net/t386-brand-new-items-hack

And surely part of all-in
https://www.zeldix.net/f43-the-all-in-patch

If you have the first meter upgrade by the bat and I think throw the magic powder pouch into the fat fairy pond you get the 2nd upgrade, with the x3 mark in the hud... It's so long ago that I hardly remember, you need to test yourself. Since I did so many changes I had to merge my patches, so it isn't available as single patch.

Back to top Go down

ShadowOne333

Post Thu 24 Feb 2022 - 12:45 by ShadowOne333

I've received some bug feedback on ALttP Redux, and thanks for a friend, we have managed to trace the source of the issue back to one of the patches from this set.
In particular, the "24_itemsmenu_shovel.ips" combined with 24_items_withgfx.ips, but the GFX patch by itself doesn't have the bugs, it's only the shovel patch specifically that causes them.

There's two bugs with that patch:

* After the Ocarina boy gives you the shovel, if you talk to him again, the text related to him giving you the shovel, as well as text from Link about receiving the shovel repeat, ending in getting the Shovel multiple times.

* Obtaining the Golden Bee in the ice cavern (where you get the Ice Rod iirc?) with a statue you can hit to make it appear, makes it default to a regular bee when released.

I wanted to run these bugs over here to have them documented.
Hope it's not a bother Razz

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2