Changing all small blocks in a fresh rom

Go down

Changing all small blocks in a fresh rom Empty Changing all small blocks in a fresh rom

Post by Spane Sun 6 Apr 2014 - 8:20

Hey Guys. Anyone know the problem of changing all small blocks with hands via hyrule magic. That's really annoying and dumb. So I've decidet to find a way to change them all in one step with hex, and it's really easy.

Open your rom in a hex-editor. The rom doesn't have a header. Mark the complet area from $78000-$7f53f and then copy this code in this area: White-Red-Squares

Of course you can change the blocks in an specific area, if you have already redone a few blocks. For this you need two roms. in one rom change the first block and the last block to the white-red squares and save. Now open up both roms in a hex editor and compare them. You will find differences thats are the changed blocks. Now you have to search the beginning of your area and the end and mark them. Now count the amount of blocks you change in your area. E.g. you want to change 100 blocks you need 100 times this "bf00aa00aa00bf00". Write them 100 times in the editor and copy and past them in your hex editor. Save and open your rom in hyrule magic. If you havn't made any mistake they should work. But you have to play with it so first try on a backup rom until it works bugfree.

Spane

Changing all small blocks in a fresh rom Image213

Since : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Changing all small blocks in a fresh rom Empty Re: Changing all small blocks in a fresh rom

Post by Spane Sun 6 Apr 2014 - 15:57

I've ovewriten all but i asked XaserLe for programm which will do this job for us. So we write 0300 and 0400 in that programm and the programm will change all the blocks between to this white-red squares.

Spane

Back to top Go down

Changing all small blocks in a fresh rom Empty Re: Changing all small blocks in a fresh rom

Post by Spane Tue 15 Apr 2014 - 13:57

Currently, i hope :-D, XaserLe is working on that little programm I've mentioned :-)

Spane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 0:38

Download is 404ed

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Charmander106 Thu 19 Jan 2017 - 0:07

I don't have his exact document, but I have taken what he wrote in the OP and have the offsets documented here: https://www.zeldix.net/t1194-offsets-for-editing-16x1632x32-blocks-in-hex

It includes the 16x16 tiles and 32x32 tiles, as well as offsets for both unheadered and headered roms.
Charmander106
Charmander106

Since : 2014-04-01

Back to top Go down