The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 3 Empty The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets

Current Version (0.55):
Code:
https://halext.org/files/oos/oos55.ips

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Secrets is a spiritual successor to the Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons for the Nintendo GameBoy. It's a complete overhaul of a Link to the Past replacing all the dungeons and overworld as well as a brand new story. The game features several new items and mechanics with contributions from Conn, Euclid, SePH and more.

Screenshots:
4b0371e589.pnga985146387.png
08304f00fd.png4446164936.png

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf6rldhDz4s - Goldstar Demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYlb3lAWeS4 - Hurricane Spin and Nimbus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im2p4jXoucc - Fairy Flippers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DmO8B-r5IA - Fairy Flippers 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btl_KwI6V9E - Progress and Intermission

Last edited by Floki on Sat 24 Apr 2021 - 5:52; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated for 2020 to look more official)
scawful
scawful

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets :: Comments

Puzzledude

Post Mon 14 Sep 2015 - 10:40 by Puzzledude

As soon as I have the patch I'll make a new thread for the demo.
Ok, I've send you all the files in 2 zips, the first .zip is the actual Exlorom, the other .zip is the release with the patch, patcher, info and both emulators to use. The fastest way to make the release is to upload this zip file and link to it, since it has all the files needed to patch and play. You can of course test the patch again if you like using the info file.

I only hope you have updated my all-in related fixes.
I believe there's no direct need for that, since a lot of things still need to be done.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 14 Sep 2015 - 12:37 by Conn

I believe there's no direct need for that, since a lot of things still need to be done.
Oh yeah, also in my hack - I just found and fixed another bug with the feather:
https://www.zeldix.net/t219p180-patch-update#9600

When being hit while using the bottle the menu won't come down afterwards.

Sent also a PU fix patch to SePH per mail. Moegami, please also reapply the feather patch (now v28) in the alpha.

Though it would be best to have the latest fixed patches applied in the beta. If people start reporting already fixed stuff and I need to retrace that all I surely run nuts Sad

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Mon 14 Sep 2015 - 17:46 by Puzzledude

I've finished your demo Moegami:
The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 3 Oosdemo1

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 3 Oosdemo2Spin

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 3 Oosdemo3

To everyone: Recommended!
(when it's released ... should be any moment now).

I still could defeat the final boss, you just need to fill him with arrows/nuts before he pounds. He is f ** as you've put it, since the monologue editing in HM will destroy the camera shake. Go to E8000 (no header). You have 80 80 bytes. Change this to 01 FF (this is for future releases only, the players can still defeat this boss with fast shooting).

Will give you the "official" feedback and oppinion when you open the topic and make the release.

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Mon 14 Sep 2015 - 18:02 by scawful

Oh dang nice job Puzz, you got all the items and everything! I've posted the main thread now and thank god you figured out how to fix that boss, that's extremely helpful.

I'm looking forward to everyone playing it.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Mon 14 Sep 2015 - 18:13 by Puzzledude

Yes, it took quite some time and exploration, since I've never seen all of those new areas and dungeons.

PS
Nice job with the statue puzzles. Good thing that at least someone doesn't hate those. That last one really requires brains.

PPS
In you other release thread. Click on the edit of the first post and update it into the Announcement.

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Mon 14 Sep 2015 - 18:39 by scawful

It's been made an announcement Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Mon 14 Sep 2015 - 18:55 by Puzzledude

Yeah great (since this is actually what it is).

By the way, I'm sure you know it goes like this: standard topic < sticky < announcement < global announcement (this will display it in all topics "on top" lol).

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:05 by BITBURGER

Hey Puzzle,
Is the game fnished or and Xdelta or ips file for it
so i can look and test?

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:26 by Puzzledude

BITBURGER wrote:Hey Puzzle,
Is the game fnished or and Xdelta or ips file for it
so i can look and test?
Yes, just go to the other topic (global announcement) here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t848-oracle-of-secrets-demo-feedback-and-bug-reports
and download all the files using the link Moegami posted.

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 12:26 by scawful

I've been working hard on a new dungeon lately, so this project isn't dead friends!

Back to top Go down

SunGodPortal

Post Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 18:50 by SunGodPortal

Cool. Nice to see you again moegami-san. Been a while. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 18:56 by brads2000

So... As the title states is this hack still going on? I can't find anything about it being finished...

Back to top Go down

SunGodPortal

Post Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 19:11 by SunGodPortal

brads2000 wrote:So... As the title states is this hack still going on? I can't find anything about it being finished...

+

moegami wrote:I've been working hard on a new dungeon lately, so this project isn't dead friends!

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 8:58 by scawful

Im still working hard on this new fourth dungeon, and ill probably keep making dungeons after this but eventually I wanna tackle creating the other world for my hack.

In the meantime I dug up a few old screenshots.

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 3 XKjsKL7
The original village map, my early days of map making...

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 3 PpaZE6Z
An old title screen I made before I fucked it up

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 3 MO0mL
Oracle of Secrets before it was anything...

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 13:15 by Arnachy69

Cool man Moegami The Screen you have hard work on it
so i see Great to see it's amazing the title screen

but one question
how great are the rom when it finisched?
before the 4 mb or above

i'll ask you this because i wil this inject to wad Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 13:34 by Puzzledude

i'll ask you this because i wil this inject to wad
All Alttp roms can by default be maximum 4MB, such is this game. It is the authors wish/choice if this will remain so, or if some other format is used to prevent unwanted data extratction or other abuse.

An old title screen I made before I f- it up
Nice title screen, why was it messed up anyway. Do note, that if you want it to display properly, you need to test it in Snes9x. New elements added with Hyrule Magic are not supported. You must always use one element, which originally existed, expand its size and start filling it with gfx. (Same problem happened in PW as might know).

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 9:13 by Arnachy69

Hey puzzle i have now recompiled the source to inject to wad
now is it up to maximum 4,0,96 MB i hef inject all the new super mario world hacks with this size to wad and it works great
the wads are as follows

1. banner / icon included
2. music when startup
3. the last all the wads are made with headered roms
on one of the some reasson when i inject wad without header
the wii don't not reconize the wad and gives me a failler back to repport strange but with header it works great man Very Happy

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:47 by scawful

Puzzledude wrote:
Nice title screen, why was it messed up anyway.

I went through a few title screens, but for some reason I wasn't satisfied with them and I ended up messing up the "Zelda" logo a bit and now it's just the ugly black screen you see in the demo. Eventually I'll get back to the title screen world though.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 2 Feb 2016 - 20:33 by ItsArctic

It really upsets me when people don't post download links to their WIPs or completed hacks. Please post one!

Back to top Go down

SunGodPortal

Post Tue 2 Feb 2016 - 20:42 by SunGodPortal

It really upsets me when people don't post download links to their WIPs or completed hacks. Please post one!

Maybe you didn't look hard enough.
Razz

Oracle of Secrets Demo

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 6:51 by Puzzledude

ItsArctic wrote:It really upsets me when people don't post download links to their WIPs or completed hacks. Please post one!

How could you possibly skipped that. With the smileys and everithing. But it is true, the release was made in a separate topic as an "announcement" so that no one could miss it.

Also, all your 5 posts were about you demanding to download games, some of which were abandoned years ago, or were never released. Do note, that making such a game mod requires years and not all projects have download links for you to click on. Certain projects are "view the developement only", while the game is far from finished/unreleased. Rushing the author to release something (even if its beta) is a bad idea. Author might not release the beta at all until the final game-release, or might not finish the project at all, beta or otherwise.

DRUM ROLL PLS Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Are you confused? It's actually the Oracle of Secrets Demo???

Three dungeons of fun and a world of secrets await you in Kalyxo! Experience the fun and also the madness that is Moegami's Amazing Zelda Fun Adventure!!!!

>>>>>>>Zelda Oracle of Secrets Demo<<<<<<<

This is the general thread for all feedback, opinions, hatred, and most of all bug reports for the demo. I want everything from what you think of the dialogue, to the map design, dungeon layouts, and everything thats good and bad about it. I love feedback and either way my ego will be built.

I'm not exactly one for official thread stuff, but this is it! Enjoy! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 1:41 by scawful

Made the desert where the Goron Mineshaft Dungeon entrance will be located : )

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 3 Af17a22ab0
The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 3 6a060163f5
The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 3 676232dd37

As well as a new Big Chest Design

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 3 E742838781

Back to top Go down

SunGodPortal

Post Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 3:38 by SunGodPortal

Nice to see some more progress. Keep up the good work. Smile

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Tue 22 Nov 2016 - 15:46 by scawful

Considering the Lyra Islands project was picked back up, I figured it was appropriate to probably not theme my dark world after its maps... I left the beach graphics but I'd rather leave that overworld to its own game.

So I decided to theme it after none other than the games this is playing homage to, Oracle of Ages and Seasons.

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 3 UKfBDvS

This isn't an actual confirmed location, just importing the graphics. The whole "dark world" of Tempora will be in this format more or less, besides some larger structures.

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 17:05 by scawful

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 3 JHSJSVN

Temple connecting Kalyxo Castle and Tempora's Overworld.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next