Insert MSU-1 logo video into games during bootup

Go down

video - Insert MSU-1 logo video into games during bootup Empty Insert MSU-1 logo video into games during bootup

Post by TheRetromancer Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 5:10

I created a fun little MSU-1 Enhanced logo video for my youtube channel, shown here:

What I'd like to be able to do is to insert it during the bootup credits on games that have been enhanced with MSU-1 capabilities, so thus far Zelda 3, DKC2, and MMX.

My line of thought would be to create a video file like was done for the Zelda patch (without over-riding that video), and simply have the MSU-1 call that routine (in the case of Zelda) before the ~Nintendo Presents~ screen. Alas, my programming skills suck the proverbial eggs, and so I cast myself upon the mercy of the ubernerds of the Internet for assistance.

If someone has a better idea for implementation, though, I'd love to hear it, though.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

video - Insert MSU-1 logo video into games during bootup Image110

Since : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

video - Insert MSU-1 logo video into games during bootup Empty Re: Insert MSU-1 logo video into games during bootup

Post by Founder Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 7:27

https://www.zeldix.net/t88-pre-boot-introscreen

The closest thing I've seen to what your requesting, is a pre boot intro screen method that RedScorpion found some time ago in that thread.

But since you asking for an msu-1 video instead I'm sure you have to do things differently.

Founder

video - Insert MSU-1 logo video into games during bootup Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

video - Insert MSU-1 logo video into games during bootup Empty Re: Insert MSU-1 logo video into games during bootup

Post by TheRetromancer Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 8:03

Well, a static image patched directly onto the ROM is okay for now. I really just wanted movement and audio, so I just thought that it might be easier to simply expand the 'Play video' function of the MSU-1, as well as being (relatively) more user friendly.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

video - Insert MSU-1 logo video into games during bootup Image110

Since : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 10:13

Conn
Conn

video - Insert MSU-1 logo video into games during bootup Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down