Some NPC Sprite Requests

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Some NPC Sprite Requests - Page 2 Empty Re: Some NPC Sprite Requests

Post by scawful Sat 11 Apr 2015 - 19:40

They all look great! I appreciate the general style going on, and I think it's important for the game to have some custom sprites for more important characters so I appreciate this a lot.

And that's fine, the main characters that actually talk are more important than phantom enemies anyway. They're more of an aesthetic anyway.

http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/141738-the-memory-card-61-the-dream-of-the-wind-fish/Links%20Awakening%20-%20Ganon-620x.jpg
When I imagine them, I think of something like the phantom bosses in links awakening, and it's not really just a palette change since they need specific area for their eyes. They can all share an enemy palette too since they'll all be black/purple shadows.
scawful
scawful

Some NPC Sprite Requests - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 12 Apr 2015 - 0:31

They all look great! I appreciate the general style going on, and I think it's important for the game to have some custom sprites for more important characters so I appreciate this a lot.

I'm glad you like it. It's also helping me as well. Being able to work on Zelda III outside of Hyrule Magic is so much more fun. Smile The extra practice will come in handy too because I want to make a new version of Pinky (from my hack). She's actually a Princess who becomes a young Queen so she needs to look awesome. I also have lots of other little things I want to try like turning the sword into a flower or butterfly wand and whatever other funny things I can think of for the other items. hehe

As for the shadow enemies, I think I understand a little better now. I'll do some experiments.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Some NPC Sprite Requests - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 11:06

Any update on this? I'm willing to take the spritesets for the characters to start implementing them since you said they use the same palette as their precursors, right? If there's any palette changes I gotta make you can tell me. I just think it'd be cool to have these custom characters in for the demo.
scawful
scawful

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 14:23

Sorry for dozing off there. LOL I got side-tracked for a bit.

Any update on this? I'm willing to take the spritesets for the characters to start implementing them since you said they use the same palette as their precursors, right? If there's any palette changes I gotta make you can tell me. I just think it'd be cool to have these custom characters in for the demo.

Okay cool. I'm away from my files at the moment. What format do you want them in? They do use the same palettes. I did that just so I wouldn't have to waste any time making color choices. I figured you could just change them to whatever you needed later on.

I just started working on GFX again yesterday. I could probably have you something for the time keeper in a few hours/by the end of the night if all goes well. I'll resume work on this as soon as I get home (which should be within the hour).

EDIT: Here's my first attempt at the time keeper. I simplified Sahasrahla's outfit a little and then changed the top to have more of a "mysterious hooded character with shadowy face" look. I went to Aginah to test it out in-game and for the screenshot because I think Sahasrahla's palette is barf.

As always, let me know if you were wanting something different or whatever. Smile

Some NPC Sprite Requests - Page 2 Timekeeper-a
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Fri 1 May 2015 - 1:07

I love this one a lot. I'll probably fix Sahasrahla's palette so I can use his changing dialogue effects in the intro sequence, but I really like this one. All 4 of these guys are just beautiful, and I like the general consistency in style, they match well together and I'll do my best to make them unique characters Very Happy
scawful
scawful

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 1 May 2015 - 12:53

I'm glad you like it. It's fun to do some work on a different project (to keep things interesting) and later on I can make my non-hacker friends think I'm the coolest when I'm showing them this game. LOL

As for the style, I've just been trying to keep close to the game's original style as that's what I'm most familiar with. I hope it doesn't clash with the more modern graphics adapted from other games in the series.

And with the shadow enemies, could you think of at least one that you would like to see in this form? I'm just not sure which one to pick since in reality I know next to nothing about your game.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Sat 2 May 2015 - 1:51

Dude start with like the octorok or maybe the tektite something classic gone spooky omg im a genius
scawful
scawful

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2