Minish Cap Zelda

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 7 Empty Re: Minish Cap Zelda

Post by NinjaGamer Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 2:31

Oh, that sounds easy enough! I got it to work thanks to your advice! I'll start editing the dialogue now. I'll keep you guys posted!

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2015-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 3:37

Is there a way I can move Link's uncle into the castle in a cell? The sword and shield are too easy to obtain and I'd like it to be a bit difficult to get (and it'd make sense that he got captured.)

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 3:58

Does anyone know who did the dialogue for Parallel Worlds? I think it'd be alot easier to edit the dialogue if I could talk to him or her.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 4:03

Is there a way I can move Link's uncle into the castle in a cell? The sword and shield are too easy to obtain and I'd like it to be a bit difficult to get (and it'd make sense that he got captured.)

Yeah. Link's uncle is a sprite. Remove him from room 85 and then place him somewhere else with the dungeon editing portion of Hyrule Magic.

I think it'd be alot easier to edit the dialogue if I could talk to him or her.

LOL Why? Editing dialogue is probably the most straight-forward part of working on this game. You just type something new in, set and save.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 7 Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 4:07

Awesome! I didn't realize how easy it.would be! It's mostly the commands that are throwing me off with the dialogues.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 4:17

I don't see a room 85. I see entrances 1-84 and when I double click room 84 I see an option called room 288 on the top left.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 4:20

Oh, nevermind. I found it. How exactly do I move him? I clicked on sprite under the edit tab...now what?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 4:28

It's mostly the commands that are throwing me off with the dialogues.

I guess it would be confusing if you've never played the game before and therefore aren't familiar with it's formatting.

I don't see a room 85. I see entrances 1-84 and when I double click room 84 I see an option called room 288 on the top left.

You want entrance 32 though you can get to any room by clicking any of the entrances in the list and once in the dungeon editor, clicking the arrows near the top left to scroll through the rooms or by clicking "Jump" and then typing in the room number.

Oh, nevermind. I found it. How exactly do I move him? I clicked on sprite under the edit tab...now what?

Choose "sprite", highlight "uncle/priest", right-click, "remove". When you know where you want to put him you choose "sprite", right-click somewhere, "insert an enemy" and then choose what you want from the list.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 4:46

Yeah, the dialogue might be a pain to do if everytime I type something new it doesn't fit right. It'd be easier if I knew how to command the game the way I wanted. It's so easy to move objects around in dungeons! I really like how easy it is to mod.this game compared.to.others that look a bit more complicated.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 4:53

This might help.

[2] start second line
[3] start 3rd line
[Waitkey] waits for the players response before scrolling, usually follows 3 lines

After a [Waitkey] you'll want a [Scroll] and at then [Scroll]'s after line 2 and line 3 of the second window-full of text. If there's more, repeat.

[Name] puts the players name in the text.

[Speed 00] determines how fast the text appears based on the number next to speed

If I remember correctly, [Position 00] determines where the text box appears on screen and [Window 00] determines whether it has a box around it or not.

That's as much as I can remember at the moment.

EDIT: Actually, here's all of the commands:

Spoiler:
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 5:06

This is very helpful! Thank you very much! I will test these out as I go along and edit the dialogue. I will try to keep you guys posted. I can't say it'll be too often seeing as there's so much dialogue to edit but I will try my best! Smile

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 5:25

Here, apply this ips to a v1.0 usa rom of alttp with no header!

http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Minish-Cap-Zelda.zip

It's not perfect and they may be bugs, but that's as far as I'll go with this project! If you want, you can try to get someone to improve it, that's your call really! It's missing the praying frames.
Great work SePH.

If it's not too much of a hassle could someone show me how to edit the in-game text?
Want to know the "advanced" method, which will ease and fasten your work.

Open a blank txt file. Construct your text as it will appear in game (by having the max number of characters in one line set to a number - I believe it is 20 but check how much can go into one line):

(Banal) Example:
Long ago in Hyrule
a dark mage etc
the power of the
Triforce rests at the
peak of the mountain

Now add the commands in that order (the order is always the same):
2, 3, waitkeyscroll,,, scroll, scroll, waitkeyscroll,,, etc. (3 lines in one frame)
But last line is always empty.

Long ago in Hyrule[2]
a dark mage etc[3]
the power of the[Waitkey][Scroll]
Triforce rests at the[Scroll]
peak of the mountain.

Merge to one line
Long ago in Hyrule[2]a dark mage etc[3]the power of the[Waitkey][Scroll]Triforce rests at the[Scroll]peak of the mountain.

Copy paste into the HM editor and no line will exceed the limit (if the limit is exceeded, it will appear bugged).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 5:38

Is there a way I can move Link's uncle into the castle in a cell?
Easy to do. Remove him from room 85 and add him in room near the cells, but you need to set the gfx number correctly, which might be in conflict with other sprites. You just need to find the correct room, presumably the one just before the room where Zelda is held (since it is empy and can be edited freely and is connected to other parts with the round staircases, which will reset the unique uncle's sprite gfx at transit).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 16:17

I believe it is 20 but check how much can go into one line)

Since the dialogue acts as a VWF is it really possible to effectively know how many characters you can have per line?
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 18:53

હેદρમ™️ wrote:Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 7 StargateZ3v37660009_zps07ebd500 Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 7 StargateZ3v37720001_zpsda01bdea

^^ After careful consideration I've dropped the bubble cartoon dialog boxes idea and decided to insert Super Mario RPG's font instead Very Happy

I think it fits quite well in Zelda 3 !

Also I've found this interesting part in MathOnNapkins source code!

Code:
    ; $74ADF-$74B5D DATA
    pool VWF_RenderCharacter:
    {

.widths

db 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 3, 6, 6, 6, 7, 6, 6, 6
        db 6, 6, 6, 7, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
        db 6, 6, 3, 5, 6, 3, 7, 6, 6, 6, 6, 5, 6, 6, 6, 7
        db 7, 7, 7, 6, 6, 4, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 3, 7
        db 6, 4, 4, 6, 8, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 7
        db 7, 4, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 4, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
        db 8, 8, 4
        ; Interesting that there are only widths for characters
        ; 0x0 through 0x62.... what about the other 4 characters?

.setMasks

db $80, $40, $20, $10, $08, $04, $02, $01

.renderPositions

dw $0000, $02A0, $0540

.linePositions

dw $0000, $0040, $0080

.unsetMasks

db ~$80, ~$40, ~$20, ~$10, ~$08, ~$04, ~$02, ~$01
    }

What it does basically is set the width of the font characters so it let's us insert bigger fonts then the original game!

The data for the font characters width goes from 0x74ADF until 0x74B41 in hex and the block size is 63!

For example my new data at those address reads:

08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 07 08 08 08 08 08 08 08
08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08
08 08 07 08 08 07 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08
08 08 08 08 08 06 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08
08 06 06 08 07 08 08 07 07 07 08 08 08 08 08 08
08 07 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 05 07 08 08 08 08 07
07 08 05

Each of those digits is one 8x16 character

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P
Q R S T U V W X Y Z a b c d e f
g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v
w x y z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ! ?
- . , ...     etc...

it's easier to comprehend if you compare to this chart:

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 7 Image6_zps93df7a61

Variable width font, here we go Razz

Founder

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 7 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 23:18

*Sigh* sorry to ask about this again but I'm having trouble moving Link's uncle. I can't get past some rooms because I need to kill the guards to get the key and move on to the next room. Since I'll be moving Link's uncle I won't have the sword to kill them. Is there any way I can add a pot into the room so I can throw it at the guards to kill them? I also decided to move Link's uncle into the cell right next to Zelda's (since it's the only cell room in the castle dungeon.)

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 23:35

Is there any way I can add a pot into the room so I can throw it at the guards to kill them?

Choose either 1 or 2 in the edit menu (depending on the BG layer you want to place something, generally BG2 is a lower area) and use it just like you did the sprite option (right-click, insert object, then choose from a menu).

I also decided to move Link's uncle into the cell right next to Zelda's (since it's the only cell room in the castle dungeon.)

What about the room before you get to Zelda? That way it's like he got killed on the way to her cell. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for him to be sitting in a cell with weapons. They usually take those away from people before locking them up (except for the part after trial in Chrono Trigger ~hehehe).
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 23:55

Alright I'll give it a try thanks! Well, it'd make sense that he was hurt and died right there but I'd rather have it be like he fought his way through to Zelda and the guards.beat him and throw him in the cell (with his weapons) since he's almost dead anyways he's not a threat with the sword. I do like your idea though...I.might just move him.into the room before Zelda...I'll play through it and make a decision.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 29 Jan 2016 - 0:02

To do that you'll have to change the EnemyBlk # (near the top) from 4 to 13 and then replace anything in the new room where you place him that doesn't match with that sprite set.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 29 Jan 2016 - 6:26

I can't get past some rooms because I need to kill the guards to get the key and move on to the next room. Since I'll be moving Link's uncle I won't have the sword to kill them. Is there any way I can add a pot into the room so I can throw it at the guards to kill them?
I forgot about this as well. It is a paradox. Throwing pots is also not a good idea, what if you miss (I think pots respawn though).

One other option would be to change the type of door (key door) to normal door and remove the 2 guard, since then you could have extra keys once you get the sword. Or maybe then add locked doors somewhere else. Or use the pot strategy. Or don't move the uncle. Your call.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Fri 29 Jan 2016 - 20:28

I'm going to add at least 4 pots so the player will have enough chances. How do I change doors anyways? I would change the whole dungeon but I feel like that's not a one man job. Especially if I decided.to change all the dungeons in the game...I would like to know how to edit dungeons to my liking though just in case.

I decided to place Link's uncle into the room right before Zelda's cell room. It'd make sense that he fought all his way into the castle dungeon (and got hurt in the process) and collapses before he gets to Zelda. Plus, that room is empty so it'd be nice to have something in it. Also, it sounds like a pain moving him into the cell room seeing as I have to mess with the palettes and whatnot.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 29 Jan 2016 - 20:42

How do I change doors anyways?

That would be what the 3 in the edit menu is mostly used for. use it like the other options, but because HM was programmed by the insane you can only move doors with the arrows on the numbpad keys. If your keyboard does not have a numbpad (like mine) you will have to open a separate program like Windows On-Screen Keyboard which can be found in the start menu/programs/accessories/ease of access folder.

Also, it sounds like a pain moving him into the cell room seeing as I have to mess with the palettes and whatnot.

Not to mention we are not sure how the game would react to having two interactive NPC sprites together that before had nothing to do with each other and were in different rooms.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 9:07

Not to mention we are not sure how the game would react to having two interactive NPC sprites together that before had nothing to do with each other and were in different rooms.
Actually we do. Link must visit Uncle before talking to Zelda. If he talks to him later, Zelda will disappear, since the game doesn't know what to do with the following person once you meet uncle.

So you just need to construct a game so, that you can not continue without going past Uncle, before reaching Zelda. But since he is in the cell, a barrier which needs the sword to go throught is mandatory. And if a pegswitch is used for instance, you also need to take into consideration of starting in Zelda's cell after defeat, which will reset the pegs.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Mon 1 Feb 2016 - 13:34

Thanks guys! I don't know why the programmers of HM would only let.you move doors using the numbpad arrows. I'll move Link's uncle when I get the chance.  I just moved into a new place so I won't be on as much as I was before but I'll definitely keep you guys updated when I can.

When I try to move Link's uncle into the room right before Zelda's cell a message pops up saying : Not enough space for sprites. What do I do to fix this problem?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 4:39

When I try to move Link's uncle into the room right before Zelda's cell a message pops up saying : Not enough space for sprites. What do I do to fix this problem?

Space is pretty tight in the ROM even without doing much. Did you remove the uncle sprite from room 85 before you tried placing him somewhere else?
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next