Minish Cap Zelda

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 3 Empty Re: Minish Cap Zelda

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 8:20

As you can see it is hard to find the coresponding sprites, minish cap Zelda only has few states, since she is not the main sprite:
Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 3 22716

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 3 Zeldaminishcap

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 3 ZeldaMC

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 3 ZeldaMC

Last edited by Puzzledude on Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 8:26; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 3 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 8:22

I don't mind making some custom sprites for Zelda. How would I go about hexing the right dll to get rid of the time limit? What programs and dll do I need and how do I hex? I actually downloaded MC Zelda sprite sheet from spriters resource but the layout isn't nice like Seph's sprite sheet in the video. If I had his sprite sheet I could continue where he left off. With the sprite sheet I have I doubt it'll work, which is why I need the one he used in the video.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2015-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 8:38

How would I go about hexing the right dll to get rid of the time limit? What programs and dll do I need and how do I hex?
Unfortunately not the scope of this site and usually against the non-written rules of romhacking communities. There are many ways to do it, but the ways of doing it corespond to so called grey area. It is for the same reason, that you can not post a rom link on the site (only patches), thus no program-trial deactivation tools or methods can/must not be posted. Plus: all antiviruses will mark such .exe deactivators and even .dll files as malicious software.

This is why I use YYchr, which is freeware, and HM never gives me the "this image is not a 16 colour image or a wrong format". It's up to you which method of gfx inserting to use.

If I had his sprite sheet I could continue where he left off. With the sprite sheet I have I doubt it'll work, which is why I need the one he used in the video.
Maybe he'll upload it.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 8:43; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 8:41

Oh okay...well then I guess I'll just stick with the 30 day trial then and try to finish Zelda before the trial is up. I really do hope that he uploads it. That way I can follow the rest of the video. I'll probably try asking him about it later today.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 8:48

I believe 30 days is enough. But as you can see, eventually you will come back to YYchr, as we usually also want to edit other gfx, not just Link. For instance I edited the Armos Knights boss this way and mannaged to correctly fix the palettes. I could see the boss colours correctly in YY and redraw them dot-wise. Pain is just quicker, when it comes to using sprites from other games.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 8:53

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can do it before the trial ends. Why would I have to edit other gfx? Does Link share palettes with other gfx in the game or something?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 8:57

NinjaGamer wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can do it before the trial ends. Why would I have to edit other gfx? Does Link share palettes with other gfx in the game or something?
I was just talking about romhacking in general and gfx hacking in general. I don't think your goal is to alter other gfx, but only the main sprite. In this case the fastest way is indeed the Paint shop in combination with that option in HM, which can copy and paste an entire sprite sheet for the main sprite out and into the program/rom.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 9:05

Oh okay. You're right, my only goal is to change Link into MC Zelda for now. Once I'm done with that I can edit the dialogue and (hopefully) move Link's uncle into a cell so the sword and shield won't be so easy to obtain. For now though I'm just focusing on the top priority which is changing Link into MC Zelda.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 9:44

I took the first sprite sheet that Puzzledude posted and moved the sprites abit to align them to the grid, but I think I deleted it already when I saw you had begun inserting it.

It shouldnt take you long to redo that as she has so few frames to work with.

Again, if I wasn't so busy with my own hack thats taking forever I'd probably do it but unfortunately I'll be rather busy for the next few months ;-(

Good luck! I'm sure you'll manage!

Founder

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 9:48

હેદρમ™️ wrote:Here ya go Trovsky... the big bang ya requested Razz

Spin

^^here, proof that I'm much busy ^_^

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 11:22

Okay that's cool. Actually, I just used a snapshot and pasted MC Zelda's head over Link's. By the way, you're talking about the sprite sheet containing Link, ALTTP Zelda and the other custom character sprites right?

http://rs45.pbsrc.com/albums/f84/misc20/Image22.png?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

This sprite sheet? I basically just paste MC Zelda over Link's sprite sheet and it will be aligned okay?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 11:33

No. I was actually referring to this one:

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 3 22716

I edited that picture so that all frames are aligned to the grid for easier insertion!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 11:37

Oh okay. Thank you! What did you do with the sprites of MC Zelda that you didn't need?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 11:41

I deleted it sorry!

I didn't though you'd needed it since you were doing so well!

If you're using paint shop pro, be sure to change the grid settings to 8 by 8 pixels, then turn on the grid. By default the grid in psp is 10 by 10 pixels.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 11:50

No, I mean like the sprites of MC Zelda turning to stone. You only have Zelda's walking sprites. How did you end up making the sprite sheet you just posted look like the final (like in your video?) Did you just use the background color to erase the sprites you didn't want and then place the ones you wanted in order? Also, I change the grid settings by right clicking the window of MC Zelda sprite sheet, click on : change grid, guide & snap properties... and then change the horizontal grids and vertical grids right?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 12:34

Did you just use the background color to erase the sprites you didn't want and then place the ones you wanted in order?
That's it. You just need to have in mind that you need the units of 16x16. Which basically means your horizontal must be 16x8= 128 pixels. So looking at the sprite sheet, you need to take a 16x16 section of Zelda's head for instance, and paste it into one coresponding place of Link's gfx (like you have been doing so far).

What you do with Zelda's sprite sheet is not really that importaint, since the stone and the magic areas are useless and the layout is incompatible with Alttp. This is just a base/template, which is needed to copy/paste sections of image (16x16) onto another image.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 12:45

Looking at your picture, you need to edit the dimensions, since MC is a bit bigger. Alttp will only accept 16 colours, hence 16 bit.

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 3 Aaa10
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 12:47

What do you mean I need the units of 16x16? Do I change the grid settings again? Can you please take a screenshot of the settings and post it here?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 12:49

I'm not going to be using the sprite sheet I was working on. I already made the sprite sheet you made. I'll post a picture in a second.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 12:55

What do you mean I need the units of 16x16?
This means that when drawing, you can not exceed 16 small squares. You have exactly 16x16= 256 units, in which you can draw the head. In your case you exceeded into 18, 17 and 21 vertically, which will not be displayed, since this is already the (different) body unit. This just means you need to manually shorten the head vertically. Horizontals seem to be compatible to 16.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 12:56; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 12:55

https://i.imgur.com/3WIyAjp.jpg

Here, this is the settings I'm using and the sprite sheet I replicated.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 13:01

That's odd..when I click on image and then count image colors it says that the number of unique colors used in this image is 133. Should I be worried?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 13:03

I see no problems with the settings.

See, the main problem is Zelda's long hair, which go to far down into the body section, specially when she is facing up. One option here is to shorten her hair, or bring the other part of the hair to the correct coresponding body (which is not directly below).

That's odd..when I click on image and then count image colors it says that the number of unique colors used in this image is 133. Should I be worried?
When you save and copy into HM, it will accept a 16 colour image only, which should work with Paint.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 13:10

Ah..I assume that would be a hassle just to figure out where the other part of her hair goes. I guess I'll just shorten her hair since I can avoid a headache that way. Oh, so when I open the sprite sheet with HM it will adjust itself? I can follow your tutorial with no worries then right? By the way, how do I quote your comment? It'd be useful for when I post a comment.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 13:30

I guess I'll just shorten her hair since I can avoid a headache that way.
That would be the best, since you can see in SePH's video, with the head facing forward the 17th pixel of hair is cut of. It is a question with that very long hair, when facing up, which goes to 21st pixel. The head facing right should be doable, since it has 18 pixels, so 2 are cut.

Oh, so when I open the sprite sheet with HM it will adjust itself?
Not really. HM will only accept the image with correct pixel perfect dimensions (128 horizontaly or 8 units of 16x16 and 448 pixels vertically or 28 units of 16x16), while having 16 colours. This is what it exports, which should be your base to paste new gfx on to.

By the way, how do I quote your comment?
Copy paste text and add (quote) in front it and (/quote) after it, but instead of ( use [
Or just press the quote button above the post to autoquote an entire comment.
Or press the quote button bellow in the "quick reply" buttons to auto bring up the brackets and copy paste quoted text into.
Or copy paste quoted text first, select the text and then press the quote button in the "quick reply" buttons section.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next