New soundtrack for Mega Man X3

Go down

New soundtrack for Mega Man X3 Empty New soundtrack for Mega Man X3

Post by vacantplanets Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 22:05

Hey just wondering if any one of the hacking gurus can take a crack at setting the proper volume level for this soundtrack on the SD2SNES. It works great on Higan but it's way too low on the SD2SNES. Smile

my upload - https://mega.nz/#!z0sj0aQC!1EiGp3waO1lNKQ5gZWuUL3xla_DMnV5TJ_KVBsAZZ0o

original music - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3a66Guoo_c
Original MSU-1 pack in description here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iXqDC-OYKw

Thanks everyone you guys are great!

Last edited by vacantplanets on Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 15:07; edited 2 times in total
vacantplanets
vacantplanets
Witch
Witch

Since : 2015-12-09

Back to top Go down

New soundtrack for Mega Man X3 Empty Re: New soundtrack for Mega Man X3

Post by Colines Sun 27 Dec 2015 - 8:08

vacantplanets in another thread wrote:Hey I found the solution for a real guitar rock/metal soundtrack. I verified it working in Higan.
Wow, it's amazing! Very well done and congratulations for finding such frantic tracks!

If you allow me to ask, were you able to get lossless versions (FLAC, APE, etc) of these tracks before making the PCM files?

vacantplanets wrote:Hey just wondering if anyone of the hacking gurus can take a crack at setting the proper volume level for this soundtrack on the SD2SNES. It works great on Higan but it's way too low on the SD2SNES. Smile
Be aware that SD2SNES has no proper configuration regarding MSU-1 volume, by now, the only workaround used by hackers is to make 2 separated patches, one for regular MSU-1 volume (higan) and another one setting the volume to maximum.

Look deeply into the Megaman X3 MSU-1 files you downloaded and you will find an IPS patch specific to SD2sNES Wink
Colines
Colines

New soundtrack for Mega Man X3 Image111

Since : 2015-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by vacantplanets Sun 27 Dec 2015 - 15:03

Colines wrote:
vacantplanets in another thread wrote:Hey I found the solution for a real guitar rock/metal soundtrack. I verified it working in Higan.
Wow, it's amazing! Very well done and congratulations for finding such frantic tracks!

If you allow me to ask, were you able to get lossless versions (FLAC, APE, etc) of these tracks before making the PCM files?

vacantplanets wrote:Hey just wondering if anyone of the hacking gurus can take a crack at setting the proper volume level for this soundtrack on the SD2SNES. It works great on Higan but it's way too low on the SD2SNES. Smile
Be aware that SD2SNES has no proper configuration regarding MSU-1 volume, by now, the only workaround used by hackers is to make 2 separated patches, one for regular MSU-1 volume (higan) and another one setting the volume to maximum.

Look deeply into the Megaman X3 MSU-1 files you downloaded and you will find an IPS patch specific to SD2sNES Wink

Glad you like it.

I'm not sure because I didn't convert these ones myself. If I had to guess, they are probably the 320kbps MP3s that Krzysztof (the guitar player) has available for download. I could ask him if he could make me a lossless version.

Are you sure that all the non-emulator patches are set to maximum? Did you get these tracks to sound good on SD2SNES? I'll look into re-patching it and see if that helps. Thanks
vacantplanets
vacantplanets
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 10:15

vacantplanets wrote:I could ask him if he could make me a lossless version.
Then please, do it! ^^'

If the problem in fact is the tracks having low volume, I would prefer to work on lossless audio to make sure to extract 100% of quality and of the MSU-1 capabilities. =)

Are you sure that all the non-emulator patches are set to maximum? Did you get these tracks to sound good on SD2SNES?

Yep, the non-emulator patches are all good Wink At least for my outdated music set.

haven't tested yet your tracks, just listened them in your linked videos, and if they were played with the higan patch, then they should work fine on SD2SNES by knowing the difference of the volume levels between the patches Smile
Colines
Colines

New soundtrack for Mega Man X3 Image111

Since : 2015-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by vacantplanets Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 15:57

Colines wrote:
Then please, do it! ^^'

If the problem in fact is the tracks having low volume, I would prefer to work on lossless audio to make sure to extract 100% of quality and of the MSU-1 capabilities. =)

Are you sure that all the non-emulator patches are set to maximum? Did you get these tracks to sound good on SD2SNES?

Yep, the non-emulator patches are all good Wink At least for my outdated music set.

haven't tested yet your tracks, just listened them in your linked videos, and if they were played with the higan patch, then they should work fine on SD2SNES by knowing the difference of the volume levels between the patches Smile

I sent him a message for the lossless tracks. Not sure when he'll get back to me.

In the meantime, I repatched a ROM with the correct patch and amplified the tracks in Audacity. Here's my new MMX3 version for SD2SNES:
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!a58EAYKB!-ss_n3v3lZ5zbRl_80_t0KFVAXbzpDO9NshtG1F-s7s

I'm currently working on MMX1 and MMX2. Mainly just amplifying tracks in Audacity. Also replaced a couple MMX1 tracks that I didn't care for. e.g. Sigma stages

I can't wait until Krys releases his remake of MMX1. It should be done soon. The MMX1 tracks on his channel were from the first project he ever did. He has much more experience now. Also, downtuned guitars were used and he's going to use standard tuning this time. I'm so excited. When it's done, I'm going to put them into MMX1 MSU1 and upload it. Smile
vacantplanets
vacantplanets
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post by vacantplanets Thu 31 Dec 2015 - 16:14

Colines wrote:
Then please, do it! ^^'

Colines, the MP3s are all we have. I asked him about the lossless files and he can't do it because he doesn't have the original recordings. Maybe he didn't record it himself or they were lost.

So, I didn't know that I was supposed to use WAVtoMSU to set the loop points in the tracks. Rookie mistake I suppose. I'm pretty frustrated because I spent days amplifying and EQ the tracks. I'm not sure what I want to do.

I believe that the version in my first post, "my upload", has the correct loop points set and might be perfect--because I didn't make that one. My other link "Here's my new MMX3 version for SD2SNES:" was supposed to be the same thing just with amplified audio files, but I think that I destroyed the loop points when I edited the files.

If someone wants to check the links in my original post, test the volume and looping with a SD2SNES, and see if they can put together something better, then great! But, I'm worn out from all this right now. Smile
vacantplanets
vacantplanets
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post by vacantplanets Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 15:13

Alright sorry for the confusion. I now have a working version of Mega Man X3 with this soundtrack amplified for use on a SD2SNES. If you want to use an emulator, use this with the emulator ips patch or use the original non-amplified version (in first post).

https://mega.nz/#!210iyRZR!yZk4ApdLsdfZgY0mJI4AA0_18Zl36iT_7Rq-O2-2L0c

Note: I simply set the tracks to loop from the beginning because they are a few minutes long. I think it works just fine. If someone wants to make a fancy never-ending song loop then edit away! Smile
vacantplanets
vacantplanets
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post by triorex Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 20:57

vacantplanets wrote:Alright sorry for the confusion. I now have a working version of Mega Man X3 with this soundtrack amplified for use on a SD2SNES. If you want to use an emulator, use this with the emulator ips patch or use the original non-amplified version (in first post).

https://mega.nz/#!210iyRZR!yZk4ApdLsdfZgY0mJI4AA0_18Zl36iT_7Rq-O2-2L0c

Note: I simply set the tracks to loop from the beginning because they are a few minutes long. I think it works just fine. If someone wants to make a fancy never-ending song loop then edit away! Smile

I made the looped version  Smile, here it is:

https://mega.nz/#!yQs0nDgL!WXdg1B2MFupcmH5U7iXsEbK6YjwxwwYzrUGxHwRkpfk

If you notice any wrong loop or any that can be fixed let me know. Enjoy!
triorex
triorex
Bee
Bee

Since : 2016-01-16

Back to top Go down